I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Carer
I've never posted anything before but I really need some advice I suppose. I'm 20 years old, I've been having trouble with my bladder since I was probably about 10. At first it was just some leakage that I could cover up with toilet paper and period pads. Then it progressed to bed wetting and now to just pretty much no control over the period of years. At first I thought it was because I was assaulted around the time that it started but now I don't think so because it got worse instead of better. I've never told anyone, I've only recently started having to buy diapers. I have to sneak to a walmart like 40 miles away where no one knows me in the middle of the night to get them. I've gone to great links to hide it because I kind of have a tough exterior and I don't want sympathy. I've literally told no one. I work at a nursing home as a nurse aide and sometimes it's hard to find an excuse as to why I have to go to the bathroom straight away. I've been wearing baggy pants and tapping the pull ups to my inner thighs. I've got a bag now but I need an excuse to be taking it into the bathroom. My work has single bathrooms so that's awesome . I just wonder how people deal with this. I'm worried about going to the doctor because of the embarrassment. And to add to my issues, I have IBS and something that's making me slowly lose my peripheral vision and will eventually make me go blind so sometimes I feel like it just couldn't get worse. I don't think I can pass the vision test when I have to get my licence renewed and I don't want my mom to know about my problems because she depends on me so much to financially support her and my siblings and she has schizophrenia and I don't want to stress her out. I'm sorry for the long rant I just need some advice or something.

I think the first thing you need to do is to go to a doctor.

At your age you should not be having these troubles unless there is some underlying problem and the only way you are going to figure that out is through a doctor.

You are going to have to get up the courage to make and keep a doctor's appointment.

Unless there is some special circumstance, your doctor is not going to tell your mother about your condition.

Hello and welcome to ADISC!
Seeing that this is your first post, please don't forget give an "Introduce yourself" post in the "Greetings and introduction" section of the site if you plan to stick around.
---------------
I'm so sorry to hear you're having these issues.
The best advice I can say is please go see a doctor.

Letting something treatable get to a point where it really isn't any longer and its worse off would obviously be not too great to say the least.
Get your bases covered and make sure it isn't something worse because if it's something that can get worse, it might.

And if if your mother finds out about you buying protection from leaks, you'll need to talk to her about your issues and hopefully she should understand that you buying diapers to manage is reasonable and for the best while you seek medical assistance.

Seriously you must see a Doctor. The first thing to get ruled out is diabetes. My loss of bladder control was caused by undiagnosed diabetes and it cannot be cured but at least my diabetes is now controlled and I won't or shouldn't have further problems.

ST50 said:
Seriously you must see a Doctor. The first thing to get ruled out is diabetes. My loss of bladder control was caused by undiagnosed diabetes and it cannot be cured but at least my diabetes is now controlled and I won't or shouldn't have further problems.

I immediately thought of diabetes, so yes def Dr, if you're embarresed about talking to them, perhaps write a note to bring with you or deliver a couple of days before the appointment? and get your eyes checked at an optician, in UK it's against the law if you think you have health problem that affects your ability to drive, which invalidates insurance,,, hope things clear up for you soon.

Welkome to to Adisc

As everynoe else sed i agree im deeply sorry to read about youre problems . Im afraid you sound like i had it in youre age (thats were i was diagnoced with IBS , and sadly well if you see my Sig you get the picture ,its sadly a well known fact that IBS can and usely do lead to urine inc as well HOWEVER it shouldent be that fast so you really should see a doc as something might be seriosly wrong in there

Now the macho men dont wear diapers i can understand BUT if they had no choice i would dare to say they would, i can defenetly understand youre fear of anyone see you buy them i used to feel that as well but as time goes you will find youre peace in that its NOT for fun you HAVE to due to medical and so no need to feel ashamed ,

I would go to youre boss and talk to sed person about youre medical iccues so that sed person know & sed person can talk to the rest of the straff and inform that you do have this problems and also you need to bring youre extra bag with you (youre alredy in a nursing home so i dought anyone will even raise an eyebraw , And also last i checked there isent a law against having to use the bathroom more then a certain amount of times a day

the baggy clothing and what not theres NO need for them the majority of people DONT go and check other peoples rear end and they certanly DONT check if you wear a diaper.

Reg the docs they are THERE to help with this cind of problems so i seariosly dought they will react as bad as you might think, and also this is usely the worst step in this process to actually go and see the docs

I have to agree that talking to youre mum so you dont have to worry about her finding out anyway and worry about you adding to her problems is the way to go here(she might be schizophrenia BUT shes NOT stupid or blind so chances are she alredy know alredy) , i wish i could say things will get better with youre IBS and alredy progressing urinary BUT sadly it WILL get worse and you WILL at some time HAVE to accept that you need diapers and the rest to be able to function as close as normal as you can in RL and if you take care of this now you might get some added time and relief before the 24 /7 comes (i dident and here i am i had no choice then to go 24 / 7 roughly 8 months ago as things progressed to Severe fecal , Severe Mixed/ OAB ,Nocturia urinary) al started with IBS

Reg the eyes i would strongly recomend taking a private test to see if youre still ABLE to SAFELY drive and not risk causing an accident with ether you or god forbid someone else geting hurt or even dies (gasp )

Any condition left untreated has a high chance of getting worse- not better. Like the ithers have said, you are so overdue to go see a doctor about your problem.

And you have a very legitimate need for diapers. Why are you trying to hide them so badly? Do you also hide needing a cast for a broken arm, or how about hiding a need for glasses? Doing so for diapers is just plain silly. Now sure, keep them as private as you can, just stop trying to hide it.

i too say go to the doctor. it might be nothing, but it might be something they can help with, OR it might be something that you need to get help with right away! please go to a doctor.

As much as I hate to go to one, a trip to the DR is what you need first. After that, you can make plans/talk it over with someone/people instead of panicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back