Tape up nappy recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko03

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am looking for recommendations for tape up nappies. atm I use Tena pull ups which I think are great, I've never had any problems with them. Anything suggested would need to be available in the UK and be suitable for both wetting and soiling. Also not looking for any AB nappies with patterns as I'm not in to that at all.

ABU Simple, Rearz inspire - both white.

IDSlip Super PE backed - cheap, comfortable and very absorbent.

Betterdry - very thick and absorbent.

Attends level 10, Abena level 4, Molicare Slip Maxi, Formacare X-PLUS all popular but prone to clumping.

Look at NappiesrUs, IncontinenceChoice, IncontinenceShop, ABU UK and Save Express to order from.

Molicare Slip Maxi. They are an all in one nappy. My opinion is they are much better than the Tena Slip range as they wick wetness to the back of the pad and they fit very comfortably. At Dorset Nursing supplies you can get large size for around £11 a pack. Well worth it.

If you want to read reviews of said products there is no shortage on ADISC, and the question has been asked many times before if you search.

Jacko03 said:
Anything suggested would need to be available in the UK
Do you mean available in store locally and nearby or online but shipped or distributed by a company based in the UK?
I don't live over there, nor have I ever been and I have no idea what kind of websites you have for medical supplies and such.

I'm just going to throw a few options out there.

Abena level 3 or 4(4 is higher absorbency) is usually an ok choice. Not the best of the best, but do a pretty good job for me and I'm always a fan of how they fit me.
They have standing leak guards and the tapes are the most sticky I've ever encountered. The tapes are more likely to tear the plastic or rip from the wing than pop off.

Betterdry is a pretty fantastic choice though, I'd recommend these over the Abena and probably the ABU(it depends).
Way more absorbent than Abena, swell more and just have all around better stats than Abena. Probably cheaper over there too.
These have really robust and decent standing leak guards, elastic waistbands both front and back and great tapes.

ABU Simple is another great choice.
All white/plain exterior with no babyish designs on the front taping panel.
These have really beefy and tall standing leak guards, wide padding, good tapes with a front taping panel and both front/back elastic waistbands.
ABU UK: https://uk.eu.abuniverse.com/

And if you can get them there, Rears Inspire+Incontrol.
Like the ABU Simple, but softer, slightly thicker and just a better feeling of quality.
Has amazing leak guards, great taping panel and tapes and really nice front/back elastics.
Rears also has an all black version of this, the Rears Seduction.
For when you feel like a change of the usual diaper scenery, need to feel like a stealthy poof ninja, when it's a special occasion with your partner or for your next black tie event >u<
Basically the same absorbency as the Safari, Inspire+ and Princess,
just all black outer plastic(besides the tapes).

The plastic-backed Abena Abri-Form M4 (or L4) diaper is still available from NappiesRUs, and is one of the best-fitting nappies I've found:
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/abena-abri-form-level-4-pe-backed-group

BetterDry are also pretty good. The fit isn't so good, but they're thicker:
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/betterdry

I haven't used NappiesRUs. My usual go-to has been Save Express who have a huge selection for reasonable prices (although they don't sell the plastic-backed Abenas any more). I've had no problems at all ordering from them:
https://www.saveexpress.de/en

+1 for Betterdry.

I wear tena maxi slips.

I use tena for daytime and tape ups for night as pull ups tend to brim and leak at night the tape ups are wider and higher i prefer tape ups but pullups are easy for toilet visits.
Try Allanda,ageuk,incontinencechoice,there are more but these are my go to for Nappies also Wilkos stores 4 pullups.

Another recommendation for Betterdry Diapers they are the best diaper I have used so far to manage my OAB issue

Depends for where and when you want to use them.
Plastic backed:

Attends Active Slip 10
Tena Active Fit plus ,Maxi or Ultima
ID Slip Expert Plus, Extra plus or Super

Im am between sizes M and L and I found that ID Expert Slip Plus fits very nice in L size.

Cloth backed:

VivaMedi Slip ( cheap but suprisingly good confort and reliable
Tena Flex plus or Maxi ( belted)
ID innoFit slip ( miz between belt and slip)

All can be found on incontinence choice website except Plastic backed Tena Ultima and ID Inno Fit which you can find on Incontinence Shop website.

wearforsafety said:
VivaMedi Slip ( cheap but suprisingly good confort and reliable

ID innoFit slip ( miz between belt and slip)

I'm interested in trying both of these at some point, how is the fit and sizing of both compared with with the regular id expert slips?

There both hard to find good pictures of or unbiased reviews.

Are the viva medi plain white with no printing, i assume they have the rubbish breathable sides.

Are the innofits sides a gimmick or do they actually work, are they any smaller than id slips as there advertised waist sizes are around 10cm smaller, also there absorbency raitings are much lower than slips.

Ive never seen a photo or any sort of review of the id innofits and dont want to waste money on a case of them to find out there no good.

Viva Medi is Plain white. And suprisingly they have quite of good absorbency levels. And they have good taping. Resealable quite of fee times. But recomending more for home and night, expetially during summer.
For innoFit they are better for memedium then large. Not a highest absorbency level but they are doing a job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back