How do you resist the urge to be little and wear diapers when it's NOT appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been posted in this section before but how do you resist the urge to wear diapers or be little when it's inappropriate to do so like when you are at work, around family etc. etc.?

It's a fair question. You're probably going to get a lot of different takes on this. My mentality has always been that there is a time and a place for everything, there is even a time and a place for being little outside of the privacy of your home like say at an Amusement park or in a toy store. Now this doesn't mean you should go around wearing a diaper and sucking your thumb everywhere, but you can be more childlike in some spaces as opposed to others.

When I enter the classroom or go to work, my brain becomes like a series of switches and I can shut off my AB side and impulses until it's appropriate to switch them back on again. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of AB's are the same way. It's all about compartmentalizing, knowing when it's a good time to be a baby and when it isn't. If you are afraid that keeping your little side under-wraps even at work or in a public place is antithetical to your self-acceptance as an AB or to who you are as an individual, then you can always do what I do and carry a small baby item with you at all times. For instance, when I'm really stressed out and want to regress, but I am called off to work or to an impromptu school meeting, I'll bring a pacifier with me in my pocket or a teddy bear with me in my backpack, sometimes that is enough to remind me that I'm a baby, in fact, sometimes it's also a great motivator, it reminds me of what I have ahead of me when I finish my work and finish it well.

So, in answer to your question, I'd assume most of us just shut it off in order to resist the urge, it's never a permanent thing, it's just you gotta know when it's right to be little and when it isn't, all good things in moderation. If it's difficult to shut off and sometimes it can be, have a small babyish trinket on you, that might calm you down, put things in perspective and get you motivated. I hope this helps :)

This seems to be a reasonable question, but maybe it ain't. Let me shift the focus (just a little). :smile:

Only you can decide what is appropriate for you. The majority of people in the world no doubt feel it is always inappropriate for adults to wear and use diapers just for sake of pleasant feelings, since, in their minds, there are more appropriate options available. You can't control what other people deem inappropriate.

If you change the word "inappropriate" in your original question to "uncomfortable" this would definitely alter the meaning of the question, but I think it would be a more interesting and direct way to confront what is bothering you in those situations. I could be wrong. Feel free to ignore me.

Drifter said:
This seems to be a reasonable question, but maybe it ain't. Let me shift the focus (just a little). :smile:

Only you can decide what is appropriate for you. The majority of people in the world no doubt feel it is always inappropriate for adults to wear and use diapers just for sake of pleasant feelings, since, in their minds, there are more appropriate options available. You can't control what other people deem inappropriate.

If you change the word "inappropriate" in your original question to "uncomfortable" this would definitely alter the meaning of the question, but I think it would be a more interesting and direct way to confront what is bothering you in those situations. I could be wrong. Feel free to ignore me.

I'd say you're on to something with the re-framing of the question. All the 24/7 wearing I've done over the last few years tells me that there aren't many situations where discreetly wearing diapers is inappropriate (incontinence is a drag but it's not much of a hard bar to activities on its own).

I think it boils down to discomfort more often than not. It's certainly possible to wear at work or around family and friends, and I have done so. There was a time where that would have made me uncomfortable, and aside from a few bad decisions here and there, I didn't do it. I'd say that giving in to my urges and not thinking things through eventually taught me the lesson. Over time, I've changed and wearing for long stretches isn't a problem and it doesn't matter much where or with whom aside from the precautions I might take.

Re-framing it to "uncomfortable" and answering the OP: if those things make you uncomfortable, they're probably going to undercut your enjoyment. The giddy excitement you feel in thinking about doing it needs to be resolved with the reality. Perhaps you're worrying over nothing and it wouldn't be a problem at all. In that sense, I'd say take it slower rather than diving into something without a net. Consider the possible and likely consequences, the pros and cons and go from there. Sometimes, taking a chance is just what you need but think it through first.

I have the urge allot. But sometimes it is just not practical for me. I guess that it depends on what I am doing at the time, where I am, who I am with.

The urge is there. I guess I have the control to know when it is practical for me or not.

Trevor said:
Sometimes, taking a chance is just what you need but think it through first.
The sensible and practical things you mention are what I had in mind when I said "a [more] direct way to confront what is bothering [people] in these situations". Your statement above is an example of one of the "more interesting" things we could be discussing. There is no denying that, for some of us, an element of risk adds a little excitement to the mix. I agree with you: pushing the boundaries of our comfort zones might be just what we need to do sometimes. Then we can argue about whether or not these activities are 'appropriate'. We are always talking about acceptance here, and the concept of "what is appropriate" shows there can be different levels of acceptance. It would make for an interesting discussion.

littlediddysteve said:
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been posted in this section before but how do you resist the urge to wear diapers or be little when it's inappropriate to do so like when you are at work, around family etc. etc.?

I'm not an AB or a Little but I figure this applies to DL's as well.

The simple answer is I think of the consequences of doing the inappropriate thing and I come to the conclusion that it isn't worth it. But I had a lot of trial and error before I came to that point and some of the things I pulled when I was 25 would not sit well with the community now.

Wait, exactly when is it inappropriate to wear a diaper?

Being incontinent, I always wear a diaper. Even at the beach or gym. If there's a place or time it's inappropriate, I have yet to find out and would really like to know.

As for acting little. Just make sure you're giving yourself enough little time when it is ok. That way the urge to act little will not be that bad when out in the public.

Slomo said:
Wait, exactly when is it inappropriate to wear a diaper?

Being incontinent, I always wear a diaper. Even at the beach or gym. If there's a place or time it's inappropriate, I have yet to find out and would really like to know.

As for acting little. Just make sure you're giving yourself enough little time when it is ok. That way the urge to act little will not be that bad when out in the public.

Sorry about not clarifying that I meant it as a question for continent people.

I simply limit when I wear and use diapers to after work and on weekends, except for if I will be going to a family event or a family event will be at my house, or the 1 week I visit family in FL.

It shouldn't be that hard as long as you do get to indulge sometimes and have decency for others when it's not the right time or place.

I would go around 6 months at a time resisting the urge to wear and then indulge for a few days only to be overcome with shame and get rid of everthing. I am considering begining to wear a lot more often since I recently accepted myself as DL but as for resisting the urge I guess I just powered through it.

littlediddysteve said:
Sorry about not clarifying that I meant it as a question for continent people.

That's just it though. It doesn't matter if you have a physical, mental, or sexual need for diapers, or even if you just feel like wearing them every now and again for the heck of it.

It would be a double standard to say one person can wear a diaper because whatever, while another person can't because whatever. That was my whole point. It's NEVER inapropriate to wear a diaper. At least so long as you are taking the appropriate steps to cover up enough for wherever you are.

I agree however I was talking about people's own limits as some people like me have them and what they do in situations where they themselves cannot allow themselves to be little or wear diapers because it is inappropriate for them. For example, my limits are that I, as a continent person, will not wear in front of family, at work, school or the gym or around vanilla people.

littlediddysteve said:
I agree however I was talking about people's own limits as some people like me have them and what they do in situations where they themselves cannot allow themselves to be little or wear diapers because it is inappropriate for them. For example, my limits are that I, as a continent person, will not wear in front of family, at work, school or the gym or around vanilla people.

Well sure, I can respect a someone's own personal limits when it comes to wearing a diaper. But that's not to say it's ever inappropriate when around others. Potentially embarrassing sure, but not wrong or illegal.

As for how to resist not wearing a diaper, you set your own limits and never cross that line. It's really just a matter of will power.

I try to put my feelings to one side & try my best to suppress my little side.

littleisaac said:
I try to put my feelings to one side & try my best to suppress my little side.

Same with me. In addition I realize that some things have to be done and that I will have enough time later.

DL person here, not little, I have no problem not wearing when it's not appropriate to do so, Dr eg if I expect an exam below my waist, I'm 24/7 otherwise, but always pull-ups so they don't really show anyway,,,
I'm not IC, but do have some bladder anxiety and know if I did ever have an accident I'd have some protection,,,

Suppose adults preferring to wear and use diapers were accepted by society to the same extent that it accepts babies wearing and using diapers. Would it still be inappropriate to wear in public or around friends or family? Who decides what is appropriate for you?

Drifter said:
Suppose adults preferring to wear and use diapers were accepted by society to the same extent that it accepts babies wearing and using diapers. Would it still be inappropriate to wear in public or around friends or family? Who decides what is appropriate for you?

Good question! I doubt it would be seen as inappropriate in that case.

I ask myself the same question sometimes. The answer lies in the fact that somehow we all managed to do it for many years in-between our actual infancy and our discovery as littles. For many years I wanted to wear diapers and/or be a baby but was unable to reconcile those feelings and therefore had to do my best to suppress them. It's great that we have found a way to express those feelings now, but that does not mean that we will sometimes have to put them aside and deal with other things in life. That's pretty much how a lot of things are in life though.:dunno::twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back