Little Clothing

Schwanensee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi everyone!

So, I like to make clothes. For me, for others, for dolls, for stuffies. So one day I thought: Why not make my own Little clothing? Buying stuff online is a bit difficult for me, but I've always loved the look of onesies and shirts with babyish prints.

Now the thing is, I've already made quite a few of them, and quite frankly, I think I need a bit more variety in style. I'm already thinking of making a super ruffly shirt, since the ones I've made so far are quite simple in style with cute prints. My onesies are a bit more varied, with different sleeve length and even one with this kind of fold-over neckline, but they're all meant to be worn underneath a skirt or pants (aka have those swimsuit-style legholes).

So this is where I'd like to ask you: Is there any type of clothing you think is particularily Little? What is different about those compared to "normal" clothing? Anything you would like to see me make (and post pictures of the process?) I'm always looking for new ideas, but it feels like I've hit a bit of a roadblock. (Just as an add-on: I am female and like dresses and such, so suggestions for dress styles will be happily received as well!)

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat

Schwanensee said:
Hi everyone!

So, I like to make clothes. For me, for others, for dolls, for stuffies. So one day I thought: Why not make my own Little clothing? Buying stuff online is a bit difficult for me, but I've always loved the look of onesies and shirts with babyish prints.

Now the thing is, I've already made quite a few of them, and quite frankly, I think I need a bit more variety in style. I'm already thinking of making a super ruffly shirt, since the ones I've made so far are quite simple in style with cute prints. My onesies are a bit more varied, with different sleeve length and even one with this kind of fold-over neckline, but they're all meant to be worn underneath a skirt or pants (aka have those swimsuit-style legholes).

So this is where I'd like to ask you: Is there any type of clothing you think is particularily Little? What is different about those compared to "normal" clothing? Anything you would like to see me make (and post pictures of the process?) I'm always looking for new ideas, but it feels like I've hit a bit of a roadblock. (Just as an add-on: I am female and like dresses and such, so suggestions for dress styles will be happily received as well!)

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat
Do you also take suggestions for making dresses and stuff?

Sent from my Rockchip RK3288 Chromebook using Tapatalk

BabyEbeny96 said:
Do you also take suggestions for making dresses and stuff?

Sure! Dresses are great :)

Schwanensee said:
Sure! Dresses are great :)
How much do you charge to make dresses and do you ship em to the

United States? Also, do you make ABDL dresses?

BabyEbeny96 said:
How much do you charge to make dresses and do you ship em to the

United States? Also, do you make ABDL dresses?

Oh, you meant a custom dress! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't sell the clothes I make. I'm not really confident enough in my skills to charge money for them, so I've only made clothes for myself and close friends.

Again, sorry for the disappointment.

Schwanensee said:
Oh, you meant a custom dress! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't sell the clothes I make. I'm not really confident enough in my skills to charge money for them, so I've only made clothes for myself and close friends.

Again, sorry for the disappointment.
It's ok.

I make little clothes for myself once in a while and I get most of my inspiration from real kids clothes websites. Gymboree and Amazon rock to get ideas for clothes. Carters is pretty cool for baby clothes. Don't know if this helps at all. I also sometimes use old sears catalogs for inspiration for clothes like I wore in my actual childhood.

How about something like Paw Patrol or anything that you don't really see for adults?

Last edited:
LittleAndrea said:
I make little clothes for myself once in a while and I get most of my inspiration from real kids clothes websites. Gymboree and Amazon rock to get ideas for clothes. Carters is pretty cool for baby clothes. Don't know if this helps at all. I also sometimes use old sears catalogs for inspiration for clothes like I wore in my actual childhood.

That is actually a good idea! I've been mainly looking at Little clothing for inspiration, but actual kid's clothes have many different styles. I've actually started to recreate a dress that I had when I was six years old (it's a summer dress, so I'm in no rush to finish it), but I might look through some foto albums to learn more.

How about something like Paw Patrol or anything that you don't really see for adults?

I've been eyeing a fabric with disney prints for some time, but I like to make stuff that I could still wear in my everyday life and that might be a bit too much. I do have a pretty childish clothing style as is, but I feel like Cinderella wouldn't really fit in that. Maybe the one with Minnie Mouse...I could make a ruffly dress, maybe with a bow in the back like that one dress I had as a kid...
Paw Patrol wasn't really around in my country when I was a kid. I see it now occasionally, but I watched different shows, so i don't really have a connection with it...

What I would give to have a tailors skills... sigh

You are very lucky to have sewing skills. My mother tried to teach me how to sew when I was younger, but I never got the hang of it. I can sew patches onto jackets and stuff, but that's about it. If I could make clothes in any decent capacity, I would totally make myself some baby outfits. I am often disappointed by the lack of specificity among AB boy clothes, the best I can find is a cute patterned onesie every now and then. Sissy's and AB girls have a lot of luck when it comes to outfits; ruffles, dresses, playsuits, bonnets, bows, etc. What I would give to find someone who produces AB boy clothing like sunsuits and bubble rompers at a reasonable price.

Have you ever thought about turning your skills into a business? Might be cool to make outfits for other AB's and to make a few bucks doing so. If this is more of a hobby thing however, then I completely understand not wanting to go into business and I hope you make some cute outfits for yourself :)

Poofybutt said:
What I would give to have a tailors skills... sigh

You are very lucky to have sewing skills. My mother tried to teach me how to sew when I was younger, but I never got the hang of it. I can sew patches onto jackets and stuff, but that's about it. If I could make clothes in any decent capacity, I would totally make myself some baby outfits. I am often disappointed by the lack of specificity among AB boy clothes, the best I can find is a cute patterned onesie every now and then. Sissy's and AB girls have a lot of luck when it comes to outfits; ruffles, dresses, playsuits, bonnets, bows, etc. What I would give to find someone who produces AB boy clothing like sunsuits and bubble rompers at a reasonable price.

Have you ever thought about turning your skills into a business? Might be cool to make outfits for other AB's and to make a few bucks doing so. If this is more of a hobby thing however, then I completely understand not wanting to go into business and I hope you make some cute outfits for yourself :)

My grandma tought me the basics, most other things I learned via YouTube or by trying to make it in miniature form first. My sewing method is still very much trial and error or copying clothes I already own, so I'm not really comfortable selling them at this point in time...unless someone was willing to let me experiment a bit, but I doubt anyone would want to pay for things that might not even fit in the end.

I had to search what a bubble romper is, but OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE! I might try and make one of those, though I'm not sure if I could actually wear it. They don't look too complicated? (Then I looked up ones for adults, and you're right. Very pricey. Though I understand where they're coming from, with the amount of frilly decorations...)

I have noticed a distinct lack of specifically male ABDL clothing, most things are very...ruffly. Now, I do enjoy the occasional ruffle, but even though I'm a girl, my little clothes/items tend to be pretty unisex. Apart from dresses and skirts, of course.

Since I'm in university for a completely different but still very interesting thing, I don't think I'd want to make this into a business. At least not as my main business.

Today I finished sewing a really cute Little Shirt, and I want to show it off^^

P_20180412_122034.jpg

It's very much a shirt for a little boy, but I still like it :) I saw the fabric in the clearance section or my local fabric store and just couldn't resist! Also I have a newer sewing machine that's better at sewing stretchy fabric, so the collar and arm edges look really nice and professional (my old machine would skip stitches all the time, so any visible line of stitches always looked a bit off).

Schwanensee said:

That is so cute! Looking at it makes me happy. :smile1:
Thanks for showing.

Makubird said:
That is so cute! Looking at it makes me happy. :smile1:
Thanks for showing.

Thank you for the compliment!^^ I know, right? It's just soooo bright and childish, with the neckline and everything!

Schwanensee said:
Thank you for the compliment!^^ I know, right? It's just soooo bright and childish, with the neckline and everything!

It is the most childish shirt that I have seen so far. Absolutely adorable. If you ever decide to sell your creations, I will be your first customer! :smile1:

Makubird said:
It is the most childish shirt that I have seen so far. Absolutely adorable. If you ever decide to sell your creations, I will be your first customer! :smile1:

I'll keep that in mind^^
To be honest, I've been thinking about that more and more lately! Though I have no idea how to figure out the logistics. I still live at home too, which complicates matters even further...but there have been so many people saying that they would like more boyish or simpler or not over-priced clothes and I'm always thinking "hey, that's what I've been making for myself all along!"

Hi!
This shirt is really well-made! congrat :D
As for clothes whom appear AB, it seem that onesie but also footed pajamas are well examples. The overalls also look cute while remaining a casual cloth that can be worn during adult time. Onesies and other AB clothes in soft fleece seem pleasant to wear but difficult to find, it could be interesting to make some clothes in this material?

That is adorable ! I love the red piping ! I adds much to it as far as looking childish. I picture matching underoos . For me that is very little boyish .

Schwanensee said:

View attachment 30799

It's very much a shirt for a little boy, but I still like it :) I saw the fabric in the clearance section or my local fabric store and just couldn't resist! Also I have a newer sewing machine that's better at sewing stretchy fabric, so the collar and arm edges look really nice and professional (my old machine would skip stitches all the time, so any visible line of stitches always looked a bit off).

I like it - I like it !
It appears that the hem (length) is just at the waist - nothing to tuck in or hide a waist band for diapers and in my particular fantasy leaving a locking waist band visible on a diaper cover.

babylock1 said:
I like it - I like it !
It appears that the hem (length) is just at the waist - nothing to tuck in or hide a waist band for diapers and in my particular fantasy leaving a locking waist band visible on a diaper cover.

On me it's a actually little below the waist, but I'm only about 5'6 :) It still would be the perfect length to show off diapers, if I wore them^^ I wore the shirt to a lecture yesterday under a pair of dungarees and just felt super childish in my outfit :3

That is adorable ! I love the red piping ! I adds much to it as far as looking childish. I picture matching underoos . For me that is very little boyish

Thank you! I was lucky to still have some red fabric leftover that matched the little planes perfectly^^ I've been doing similar piping (is that what it's called?) on the neckline and sleeve cuffs for my shirts for a while, but this is the first time I used a solid colour instead of the fabric of the rest of the shirt :D

Hi!
This shirt is really well-made! congrat
As for clothes whom appear AB, it seem that onesie but also footed pajamas are well examples. The overalls also look cute while remaining a casual cloth that can be worn during adult time. Onesies and other AB clothes in soft fleece seem pleasant to wear but difficult to find, it could be interesting to make some clothes in this material?

Hi and thank you to you too :)
I've actually made a jumper from one of those soft fuzzy blankets before, and while it's not super Little, it's definitely one of my favourite things to wear when having quiet Little time^^
A fleece onesie would be something to consider for next winter...you're right, they don't seem to be that common!
I have a few overalls, actually made one from a baby blue corduroy fabric about two weeks ago! But I'm still planning on making more of them^^

Back