Status
Not open for further replies.

Cillow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi everyone :eek: I wanted to share a little personal conundrum I've been having and see if anyone has had any similar experiences or advice. Recently I've had a bigger urge than usual to involve myself in an abdl lifestyle (I'm one of those people who go through 'purges' for lack of a better word since I'm normally very busy in my adult life) and I've been tossing up whether or not to post some photos of myself on some kind of platform. I've taken heaps of photos over the years of myself mostly in diapers and doing other little stuff and I've always wanted to share them online but naturally I'm worried about any kind of backlash that might occur in terms of social identity, ie. if my irl friends somehow found them, etc. I've considered it a lot and thought about some ways I could go about it, like posting photos that don't include my face and whatnot, but then again part of me wants to include it in the picture.

Does anyone have any similar feelings/experiences or advice/dos and don'ts for this? I'm not sure how much of a problem this actually is and whether or not it's as simple as 'just choose one, no one really cares' and maybe it's just totally irrational but it's been playing on my mind for a bit now. :eek:

I do... to some extent. I mean, I've posted pics of me with a pacifier. I just notice a lot of the time that my pictures don't get as much attention as other people who post theres either. So, it's pretty much discouraged me from showing off these sorts pictures. I usually only show them to ABDL friends or friends that know I'm little as well. On the other hand, I have times when I don't really care what other people think.

Im not an adult baby but if its your thing then go for it, only you can decide acceptable risk

There have been threads before where members posted pictures. A few more do it on discord. You're probably safe here, but then again, nothing goes completely away on the internet.

WwEeTt.jpg

Just Do It :)

My advice, don't. Facial recognition software is just around the corner. If you have a facial diapered photo here, and one posted anywhere on the net, in your vanilla spaces, you could be targeted. If you're ok with that, then, by all means, post it. I never will.

- - - Updated - - -

There's plenty of ways to post innocuous photos, without showing a face, although you should insure no metadata (GPS location of photo, etc) is included in those.

Hello, Cillow

Just a heads up to start this off, I don't have FB, Twitter or anything really. ADISC and Xbox Live being the only other "social space" I go to.
But, I've used this pic of my pony with a paci a good number of places(only putting the pull pic on ab/dl places like here) Xbox Live being the big one(just the face with the paci, no diaper showing).

Only one person ever recognized the pony face pic, they were into ponies and ab/dl as well and most likely saw the original full pic at one point.
So, they sent me a message and said they recognized me we chatted a little. Been quiet since but they play often.

Another time I thought someone recognized me, they just saw my pony with paci and asked me if I was ab/dl and since they knew what ab/dl is I said yes. We played games a few times and chatted a while. They didn't recognize me from anywhere, just a neat random encounter.
Nice person but maybe just a little too forward for me. They wanted to rp at one point and such, which I sorta got uncomfortable about. I don't do rp. They were looking more for a relationship I think, and I wasn't.

But, I did get asked by my closer Xbox friends about "Why does your pony have a pacifier?" and I just said "It makes a good/cute gamer pic, pacifier or not" or "It was a gift pic, I don't know why he has a pacifier but it still looks good".
If they ever found the full diapered pony pic, I'm sure there would be some questions I'd have to answer.
Though a lot of my friends appear to be pretty understanding so it might not be so bad if they find out, I have good reasons to explain why.

Also, jamieboy has a pretty good point. Facial recognition software(Facebook and Google I'm pretty sure already have it) is a real thing, so it might not be the best idea.
But like jamieboy also said, "innocuous photos, without showing a face". I agree with that and it should be fine. (Unless someone knows your specific body or have any unique identifying birthmarks)

So to answer the question, is it a good idea?
It depends.(pun intended)

If you're perfectly fine with answering any questions that arise or managing any backlash if ever discovered, then maybe you should go ahead.
But, if you believe it could be any kind of risk towards your personal/social/work life and discovery would affect your standing or safety in any of those, then maybe just keep your pics private, only sharing with understanding friends and partners if you/they desire.

Last edited:
From your post I seem to understand that this is a sort of binge phase, so my guess is that you're not somebody who is usually very public about their ABDL self and later on you would probably regret having gone *too* public. There are heaps of people who do it and are perfectly okay with it, or maybe they're just prepared to deal with the consequences. On one side this is certainly something unusual to the general public, on the other side it's nothing illegal or immoral, so the judgement is entirely up to you. One thing to consider though is that due to how places like tumblr, or facebook, or instagram work, the moment you post some content you need to assume you lose control of it.

If you opt for playing it safe, it's easy enough to take or cut the photos in a way that the cuteness is still there but you're not directly recognizable. Many (if not most) ABDLs who have internet profiles with photos seem to go that way.

Sure, unless you take them with a very neutral background there is always the chance that somebody who knows you very well will recognize your place or your clothes, but it's a slim one and this is not the big issue in the long run.

As others have said, facial recognition software is already implemented in most photo sharing places, sometimes publicly, sometimes in a more hidden fashion, but it is definitely there as it allows the service you're using to monetize your data better (i.e. targeted ads on Facebook). This is what I'd be the most worried about.

If you still do want to share your face and be sort of safe, what you could do is publish diapered photos that don't contain your face, and then photos with your face that are absolutely innocent and could be shown publicly, so if somebody wanted to out you they couldn't just show a photo, they'd also need to justify what they were doing on a certain website.

just fooling around with the EXIF data on digital images. If you right click on one of your images and then select Properties you can view the EXIF data that identifies the camera type, perhaps the name of the photographer, and other settings. You can erase "most" of this information. However, one piece of info that I can not seem to erase is the fact that the image is associated with my computer. I guess if I would change my computer name to something generic so that it was not screaming MY NAME in the data that might work. I have not tried that yet though. But depending on how your camera or device is set up there "could" be allot of identifying information in that data from date, where, who etc.

I just did a little more research it is easy to change the computer name shown in the EXIF data, you do that in settings. If you want to change the registered owner of the computer that has to be done by making an edit in the computers registry. It looks like with out making that additional change any images you post from your computer "COULD" have your name attached to them in the EXIF data if you are the registered owner of your computer.

Last edited:
Just a heads-up from a very geeky point of view:

ANY photo you take with ANY digital device has TONNES of identifying data tagged in it (EXIF data) so you need to be very careful.

Many phones & some digital cameras will embed GPS coordinates of where the photo was taken
ALL cameras embed the date & time and their serial number.
MOST cameras watermark or employ other methods to identify the photo through invisible marks

ALL of this can very easily be tracked back and matched against other photos you've posted elsewhere - facebook, twitter, instagram for example.

As others have said, showing your face is basically giving your identity away, and many methods of obscuring your face can be un-done by determined people with the right software. Likewise any identifying backgrounds, objects (especially computer screens).

To "sanitise" your photos you can run them through an image processing program to create stripped & re-sized copies (which will also be quicker to upload) which remove all the EXIF data. Gimp, Pinta, Paint.net are my faves.

You can also use (on linux) jhead's "purejpeg" option to strip all EXIF data from a picture or an entire folder full, and Imagemagick's mogrify to resize down to a much smaller size which makes them easier to post (smaller filesize) but also squishes any hidden digital watermarks in the image itself, making it harder for anyone to trace, and the lower resolution helps blur any background details.

If you want an example of just what can be done by determined amateurs, google that time 4chan got an animal abuser arrested by matching an anonymous Youtube clip to a snippet of a photo on a facebook profile.

In short, be VERY careful, the internet never forgets.

I would never put my face or other recognizable pictures on the Internet. I don’t even have social media, except ADISC if it counts. I’m paranoid, thinking someone would use pictures and info to destroy me. Better safe than sorry. If you want to post pictures make sure there are no faces, birthmarks, tattoos etc in the picture.

My face is all over the place, and as such I would never post a photo with me wearing a diaper. I don't care if people find out, but I am not going to make it easy for random strangers to find out, especially when all of my pay is based on me not being the center of major controversy.

So to answer your question. What do you gain from posting your picture? What do you risk?

I know in my case, I gain a couple of complements on my appearance, a message box full of colorful language and propositions, and probably a few unwanted penis pictures, and I risk crashing my career, which is really just starting to take off. So I don't. I don't even connect my DL online persona's with my "real" self because I am afraid that it will connect me here, and cause me to lose ad dollars.

Cillow said:
I'm worried about any kind of backlash that might occur in terms of social identity, ie. if my irl friends somehow found them, etc. I've considered it a lot and thought about some ways I could go about it, like posting photos that don't include my face and whatnot, but then again part of me wants to include it in the picture.

Does anyone have any similar feelings/experiences or advice/dos and don'ts for this?

At your age, I wouldn't do it just quite yet. First of all, if you go to a college/university or are just very social, you run a lot of risk because people are still kind of floating around in their high school phase where they find being different a good reason to target others. I do feel like younger generations are becoming more accepting of people of alternative life styles, but being ABDL is still not a popular alternative life style that people are exposed to enough to know how they will react.

Secondly, unless you know what kind of future you are trying to move your way into, then it could be something you wish the internet would forget, but the internet never forgets. If you want to be a politician or a teacher, etc, you may really wish that photos of you dressed in a diaper were not out there.

If you decide that those risks are acceptable risks, which I actually have at this point for myself. Then my suggestion is to find a site that requires a login, that way search engines can't pick up the photos, and people are less likely to stumble across it. FetLife seems to be a fairly OK place to do this for a couple of reasons. There is a login, there is a lot of ABDL community on there, and people are going to compliment you a lot (which is really the end goal of sharing picks like that in my opinion). The other thing, is that people who are going to sites like fetlife are probably pretty flexible thinkers. Not a safe bet though if your friends decide they want to go on a curiosity trip through the internet. If you want to be super paranoid about it though, you could post your living location somewhere entirely different than where you actually live, that way you don't end up on local search results.

Anyway, I do understand the desire. It is a lot of fun to share pics of yourself being all cute and get compliments from others, even if those compliments are sometimes a little awkward to get. The attention can be enjoyable when people recognize your little side.

Thank you so much to everyone who replied with the social (and technological!) wisdom I definitely lack about this sort of thing, sometimes I get a little carried away by the allure of compliments and praise that I lose sight of just how heavy the consequences could be! Safe to say I won't be posting photos any time soon hahaha. Thank you very much to everyone again :eek:

I am having the same issue. I've posted a couple things on my tumblr, no face showing, and it's terrifying. I do it only as a way of reaching out to this community and maybe make some friends.

Littlesweettooth said:
I am having the same issue. I've posted a couple things on my tumblr, no face showing, and it's terrifying. I do it only as a way of reaching out to this community and maybe make some friends.

Sweetie, the best way to make friends is to participate in the community. Posting pics gets you followers, but followers are not always friends.

Kinsy said:
Sweetie, the best way to make friends is to participate in the community. Posting pics gets you followers, but followers are not always friends.

Oh I know, and I am getting more and more comfortable doing all of these things. I've spent many years lurking on websites like this without contributing anything, and I have only begun to really allow myself to explore this side of myself. For some reason I have never felt comfortable posting anything because I never got to wear diapers.
I am very fortunate now that I have a partner who, when she doesn't feel like participating, at least allows me the respect and space to enjoy my AB/DL side.

Somethings to keep in mind when posting photos.

Do not post a photo if you are not ready to have it be seen, even by those you dont intend.

Do not post a photo to a site, if you are not willing to allow that site to have access to your photo.
(for instance, all facebook photos can be used by facebook however they wish once uploaded)

DO NOT LET SOMEONE ELSE PRESSURE YOU IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE!

with that aside, there are many tactful ways to take photos that are safer.
I know that for instance, Sheepies here on adisc is very adapt at taking photos that get her message across or the idea she is trying to convey with her DIY projects. None of her photos expose her face or telling details of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back