AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have a long list of phobias that I have. @___@

- hospitals
- needles/IVs
- loud noises (including thunder)
- being alone (this depends mainly on my mood/situation)
- darkness
- clowns
- horror movies
- natural disasters
- talking on the phone

That's all I can think of for now... so what are some of your fears? ><

I'm super scared of dolls. Specifically, mechanical dolls that move and speak. I believe this goes back to me being a bit traumatized by the newer movie version of Charlie and the chocolate factory. There's this one scene where Wonka greets the children with singing, dancing dolls that then get burned by a firework.

I also get startled really easily by loud noises, but they make me feel less scared and more jumpy, going straight to panicky if the noise continues. I don't mind thunder though. And generally I avoid horror movies since I get nightmares very easily and I just don't want to risk it...

Lastly, I have the persisting fear of family members dying. This also means that when I'm home alone and the phone rings, a small part of my brain always goes "What if mom...?" So I understand the fear of phone calls, it's just probably founded in a different source ^^'

I have a slight fear of unsecured heights. I'm ok in a plane or even on a ledge with a railing, but put me up on the edge of a dirt cliff or the side of a skyscraper and I'm like nope.

I used to have a real phobia for needles. Over the years I have had so much exposure that it is not really an issue anymore.

I've had a couple of phobias.

For a long time I was petrified of ventriloquist dummies, they were terrifying and so unnatural. The fear began with Goosebumps and it didn't get better when my grandfather showed me an old British horror film called Dead of Night, there's a segment in that where Michael Redgrave plays a ventriloquist driven mad by his dummy, it has a psychological angle too it so it really stuck with me and bothered me. Nowadays, I am not bothered by ventriloquist dummies in the slightest, I actually find them to be gloriously weird and kind of funny and I have since re-watched Dead of Night and I can safely say, I enjoy it immensely as a solid horror film and precursor to the Twilight Zone, the ventriloquist segment is expertly directed and acted.

I had a phobia of spiders when I was young, but that was because a kid on the block had a pet tarantula and I was always afraid that there were spiders like that in the wild around where I live (there aren't). Over time, the small household spiders that I would see day to day lost their edge and that caused the fear to die down a bit.

What I am really afraid of, dislike and skeeves me out to no end are centipedes, they are horrifying, it's something about their unnatural number of legs that makes my skin crawl. When I was a teen and I lived with my mom, you would find one in the basement from time to time, you'd flick on the light and it would scurry across the linoleum floor making this low scritchy-scratchy sound and they would always outrun you even when you were trying to whack em. Once a centipede crawls under a piece of furniture like a couch, you are never going to see that centipede again nor will you ever want to sit on that couch again... shudders

I don't like heights, especially when I was a kid. I had anxiety when my parents would drive over a bridge. I eventually overcame most of it, putting shingles down on roofs, climbing trees, etc. but I hate to be on top of a very high building.

Needles, spiders, and specifically falling from heights. I can process the heights just fine, but when the possibility of falling comes up, BYEEE.

I am afraid of EVERYTHING

Ok, that's a stretch, but there are definitely quite a few phobias that I have...

Aichmophobia - Fear of sharp pointy things, like needles and knives
-Just no... I hate knives and needles, but I like sewing... so...
Haemophobia - Fear of blood
-It belongs on the INSIDE...
Tonitrophobia - Fear of thunder
-No, go away, you cause tornadoes and hurricanes, I dislike you...
Sonophobia - Fear of loud noises in general
-When I hear loud noises, its apparently time to lay on the floor...
Nyctophobia - Fear of the dark
-I have a lamp on in my room at all times...
Ostraconophobia - Fear of Crustaceans, such as lobsters and crabs
-Long story...
Acrophobia - Fear of heights
-I would much rather be on the ground, thank you...
Agorophobia - Fear of crowds
-I have a mental breakdown when I am around more than, like, 10 people...
Claustrophobia - Fear of closed spaces
-I need 10 x 10 feet of room at least at all times...
Cleithrophobia - Fear of being trapped
-Imagine being in a small space, knowing there is absolutely no way out...
Xanthophobia - Fear of the color yellow
-Please don't ask...
Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the number 13
-I have never seen the movie Friday the 13th, I just despise this number...
Astrophobia - Fear of space
-I dislike enclosed spaces, but space is too big...
(All of the natural disaster phobias) - Self explanatory
-No, don't...
Thanatophobia - Fear of death or dying
-I do not want, for me or anyone else
Arachnophobia - Fear of spiders
-Too much leg...
Trypophobia - Fear of abnormal patterns of small holes
-I am one of a few people who ACTUALLY have this...
Apipophobia - Fear of flying, swarming, stinging insects, like bees
-When I was 15 I got swarmed by yellow jackets, got stung 28 times...
Cannibaliphobia (No real name) - Fear of being assaulted and eaten
-Recurring nightmares when I was 7...

That's not even all of them, just the ones I can think of...

Last edited:
Dentists!

OmiOMy said:
Needles, spiders, and specifically falling from heights. I can process the heights just fine, but when the possibility of falling comes up, BYEEE.

Oh, forgot about spiders. x___x

Slomo said:
I have a slight fear of unsecured heights. I'm ok in a plane or even on a ledge with a railing, but put me up on the edge of a dirt cliff or the side of a skyscraper and I'm like nope.

I'm the same. I used to have a phobia about any kind of heights, but one time I visited Toronto and went up the CN Tower, and walked on the glass floor. Actually I couldn't walk on it, I had to sit down on it because it gave me the disturbing sensation that I was going to fall over. But it did cure me of my fear of heights (except where there's no railing - still nope about those).

I always say... "I'm not scared of heights. I'm not even scared of falling. I'm just scared of hitting the ground".

The only other phobia I have is wasps and hornets. ARGH I hate those things *flails and runs away*

I have been arachnophobic since my earliest memories. I can't point to any singular incident that caused the phobia to develop, but I do have plenty of spider-related "true horror stories" to share. I think it's mostly in the way that they move — I read that they don't have muscles like animals do, but instead use a hydraulic system to move. Perhaps that's what gives them the "creepy" factor, together with having so many legs. That they might be capable of biting, and might even be venomous, only seals the deal for me. o.o *shudder*

I'm creeped out and / or downright frightened by a number of other insects though, including anything flying that stings, ticks and scorpions (I just hate arachnids in general), centipedes, biting flies, earwigs, stag beetles… err, to name a few, you get the idea. ^^; There are lots of insects I would willingly hold in my hand though, like mantises, "pill bugs", lady bugs, millipedes, dragonflies, butterflies, etc. Surprisingly, I'm not bothered by silverfish, even though apparently many people are. o_O

I do have lesser fears, including heights and tight spaces, which may or may not be quite severe enough to count as phobias. I'm not sure. And I am also prone to being "jumpy" in general. My therapist attributes this latter to PTSD, though. :dunno:

Financial ruin

Getting sick ( I'm a really bad hypochondriac)
Roaches
Sunburn ( weird I know)

Spiders for sure, funny how such a small and harmless insect can have so much power over humans.

Also, I have this phobia towards wasps, bees and hornets. The reason is because when I was younger, I was on this girl scout trip. It was back when I used to be one before I actually quit and such. Anyway, we were at some sort of pioneer village when they had these foundations and such. One of the girls came out and accidentally steps on a wasps nest. Well, these things come shooting out and stinging every one of us. I got stung toe most, and I remember feeling very sick and dizzy because of it. Ever since then, I've always been absolutely horrified by them. I will literally freak out if there's a bee, wasp or hornet on/near me. :S My mom also told me that I actually have an allergy towards bees. I think the same thing applies to hornets and wasps as well. ><

I’m really afraid of:
-Getting trapped somewhere
-Being buried alive
-Someone putting hand, duct tape, etc over my mouth(often I have difficulties with breathing through my nose so I’m afraid I’d choke)
-Getting lost
-Being somewhere, losing my companion and having no phone with me and not remembering my companion’s phone number so I can’t borrow someone else’s phone either
-Horror movies
-Supernatural things
-Killing myself when having a bad moment
-Someone finding out about my ABDL side
-Talking on the phone
-Unsecured heights
-Losing my tablet or phone
-Someone reading my stories

I might have real phobias about:
-All creepy-crawlies
-Needing to pee or poo but having no place to go. Even slight urge is terrifying in wrong place(before going anywhere I must go to toilet just in case and I stop drinking an hour or two before leaving)

Can’t remember more at the moment:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back