Baby Wipes vs Adult Wipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just use the Cottonelle flushable wipes. I've never had a problem with them and they're easy to dispose of, plus they wouldn't attract too much attention if someone saw a package of them.

Baby wipes. I often use Zwitsal wipes but I don't think you have those in the US. It is a baby brand with a very distinct and lovely smell that reminds me of long gone times. I also like the packaging of baby wipes.

amperedragon said:
I just use the Cottonelle flushable wipes. I've never had a problem with them and they're easy to dispose of, plus they wouldn't attract too much attention if someone saw a package of them.

Using wipes instead of toilet paper is a slowly growing trend. A brand like cottonelle (a known brand name of TP) would make these stand out much less in the bathroom.

Sheepies said:
I don't think I've ever seen this made before... but what kind of wipes does everyone prefer?

I prefer baby wipes personally. Feel their size is sufficient, love the scents, and love the way they look.
Baby wipes all day! The more baby powderish the better.

I'm still formulating my opinion on this to be honest. I like the feel and scent of baby wipes better, but recently I've been using adult ones I find at the store cause they're 1)flushable/biodegradable (if there are baby wipes like that I haven't found them in store) and 2) I can usually fine a double or triple pack of adult ones for less than the baby wipes. So more wipes for less cost.

RompingBulbasaur said:
I'm still formulating my opinion on this to be honest. I like the feel and scent of baby wipes better, but recently I've been using adult ones I find at the store cause they're 1)flushable/biodegradable (if there are baby wipes like that I haven't found them in store) and 2) I can usually fine a double or triple pack of adult ones for less than the baby wipes. So more wipes for less cost.

Don't let the "flushable" part mislead you. They are not as flushable as the manufacturer would like you to believe they are.

I usually prefer Walgreen's Certainty adult wipes because their larger size makes it easier to clean up messes. That being said, Huggies also makes very nice, high-quality wipes that I often bring with me when I'm wearing in public.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Don't let the "flushable" part mislead you. They are not as flushable as the manufacturer would like you to believe they are.

Slomo is right. Even if a wipe says "flushable," it's still better not to. Just throw it away with your diaper.

does anyone know which modern baby wipes smell like the original pampers and or huggies baby wipes from the 1980's or early 1990's? I know the old Parents Choice Fresh Scent smelled like the old 80's wipes but they have since switched and smell nothing like them anymore.

baby wipes 1:thier cheaper 2:they do the same job 3:they smell nicer

I use both.

Adult wipes are perfect for wiping cream off my hands while padding up, and also do a pretty good job at cleaning up between changes the times I need to, although when I do that I will normally wash with a bidet instead of just wiping. Here in Italy we have this supermarket chain from France, Carrefour, which has their own brand of incontinence wipes for adults and they're the ones I go with. They're pretty resistant and the scent is nice.

Baby wipes are handier when I'm out and about and I want a pack of wipes that will fit in a small bag and be inconspicuous enough when I carry it to the bathroom. I also use them for wiping myself clean the times I don't do my business in diapers and washing is not an option, compared to toilet paper they do a much better job and are way more delicate on the skin! My fav baby wipes are the ones by Nivea, they have some cream on them and I love the scent!

Slomo said:

Those are becoming a big problem for waste treatment plants. They've got several early steps in the treatment just to remove garbage before it gets to the digesters, that are only designed to handle organic material. Menstrual pads, condoms, trash of all sorts. The really big stuff gets filtered out with screens. Then it gets a bit agitated to break down the size of organic waste, and then goes through another smaller screen that tries to remove all the remaining non-organic material. Condoms and wipes are most of what it catches. That stuff btw is just loaded into a truck and hauled away to the landfill as garbage.

If you want a properly organic wipe, do what I do - keep a roll of soft paper towel by the toilet. (get the 'select roll' type, with the perforations every half-sheet) That's not so easy on the go, but works for me at home when I need to do some "cleanup". Paper towel biodegrades well and physically breaks down very quickly when submersed in water. It also goes down the plumbing easily. Wipes may be biodegradable, but they don't mechanically break down quickly, and will probably still be a firm square sheet by the time they get to the treatment plant.

bambinod said:
Those are becoming a big problem for waste treatment plants. They've got several early steps in the treatment just to remove garbage before it gets to the digesters, that are only designed to handle organic material. Menstrual pads, condoms, trash of all sorts. The really big stuff gets filtered out with screens. Then it gets a bit agitated to break down the size of organic waste, and then goes through another smaller screen that tries to remove all the remaining non-organic material. Condoms and wipes are most of what it catches. That stuff btw is just loaded into a truck and hauled away to the landfill as garbage.

If you want a properly organic wipe, do what I do - keep a roll of soft paper towel by the toilet. (get the 'select roll' type, with the perforations every half-sheet) That's not so easy on the go, but works for me at home when I need to do some "cleanup". Paper towel biodegrades well and physically breaks down very quickly when submersed in water. It also goes down the plumbing easily. Wipes may be biodegradable, but they don't mechanically break down quickly, and will probably still be a firm square sheet by the time they get to the treatment plant.
That's why I always throw my wipes in the trash. It doesn't matter if they are "flushable" or not. Flushable just means they are thinner and cheaper than regular wipes, so that they don't clog your toilet. They charge more for them, too. It's a profitable scam for all of those companies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh geez, didn't realize all that about the "flushable" wipes! :sweatdrop:Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to take everyone's advice on not playing into the marketing.
Guess my mind's made up now tho, next time I need a restock, I'm going back to baby wipes :eek:

I guess I'll go ahead and be the odd one of the bunch, and say that adult wipes are better. I found that Northshore wipes are the thicker ones that I have tried, they're not scented, but it doesn't affect me that much. I often went with the Walmart brand, but they're thinner and tend to bleed through. I tried a case of wipes during the 50% off sale and found them to be Superior to Walmart. I've also tried Tena wipes, I enjoy them as well, they smell like bath soap.

I find that the baby wipes rip rather easily and just too small for me. I use far less wipes as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sheepies said:
I don't think I've ever seen this made before... but what kind of wipes does everyone prefer?

I prefer baby wipes personally. Feel their size is sufficient, love the scents, and love the way they look.

I have always used baby wipes which are sufficient for my needs to wipe my bottom and my personal anatomy.
Also, "Adult Wipes" seem to cost more per package than Baby Wipes.

I too admit that I like the scents of Baby Wipes.

Pampers Sensitive is the only wipes I use. They're plenty big enough, but the main thing is the quality and the texture is there. For some reason every adult wipe is either thin or rough, and fall apart easy. Whereas the Pampers are tougher, yet softer and more comfortable.

I used to keep some adult flushables on me, but, ever since my wife began assisting me with changes I haven't bothered because they're too flimsy and produce a lot of awkward when they tear. Plus, I've read that they are nowhere near as flushable as advertised anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back