Votes: 74 62.2%
  • L

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • XL

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Large in most brands, though I'll occasionally go for medium if something tends to be on the bigger side. Usually I'll sample both sizes of a new product before buying a pack.

Abena, BetterDry, NS Supreme and Molicare(before the purple Super Plus went away) fit me best in size Medium.
Rears, ABU, Tykables and a select few others work best in size Large for me.

Last edited:
Like some other people who have posted I am firmly between sizes my waist is between 38 and 39, quite nearly a 40 and it doesn't help that my thighs are very wide as well.

As a result of being between sizes, some brands fit me well in medium, others fit me well in large. I selected large for the poll as I purchase from ABU quite frequently and their large sizes I find make for a nicer more secure, contoured fit.

35.5 inch waist, Crinklz are a snug fit for me! :eek:

I'm a medium. M4s are what fits me the comfiest, but Betterdrys and Rearz, being a tiny bit more on the snug side, work better for long term wearing and heavy use (which is my standard :biggrin:)

Jonnythepony said:
Abena, BetterDry, NS Supreme and Molicare(before the purple Super Plus went away) fit me best in size Medium.
Rears, ABU, Tykables and a select few others work best in size Large for me.

I wish I could be a better fit for large diapers!! I *love* the snug and secure feeling of wearing a diaper that rides up high! Sadly, even with the brands that normally run a lil small, the times I wear them in large they end up being saggy the moment they get a little wet. Maybe I should put up some weight :cool:

Size7 Pampers (sorry8) as linner over size (M) adult diaper of no preferance

40 waist but like to pull an X-Large tightly, but all I ever use is Tranquility ATN. Plus something about wearing a size larger makes me think it holds more.

It's worth mentioning that certain brands have recently come up with a size named "Regular" which is between Medium and Large. Seni and xpmedical's A+ brand have them as far as I know.

I guess they figured out that most buyers are either Medium or Large so an in-between size would suit a lot of buyers.

Poofybutt said:
Like some other people who have posted I am firmly between sizes my waist is between 38 and 39, quite nearly a 40 and it doesn't help that my thighs are very wide as well.

As a result of being between sizes, some brands fit me well in medium, others fit me well in large. I selected large for the poll as I purchase from ABU quite frequently and their large sizes I find make for a nicer more secure, contoured fit.

Actually, a 40 inch waist puts you right into larges. You "might" be able to get away with a medium confidry (which runs large), but cor any other diaper, mediums one one size too small for you.

Slomo said:
Actually, a 40 inch waist puts you right into larges. You "might" be able to get away with a medium confidry (which runs large), but cor any other diaper, mediums one one size too small for you.

Doesn't stop most of them from claiming their mediums go up to 44 (or in the case of Molicare, 47). Also not helping is the fact that many guys base their waist size on their pant size, despite the fact that most of those run big (case in point, I'm a 43 waist in a 38 pants).

Vic92 said:
Doesn't stop most of them from claiming their mediums go up to 44 (or in the case of Molicare, 47). Also not helping is the fact that many guys base their waist size on their pant size, despite the fact that most of those run big (case in point, I'm a 43 waist in a 38 pants).

I know, right! A manufacturer saying a medium can "fit" a 43 inch waist is a bigger load of crap than a medium can take on a 43" waist person. lol...

And yes, in US, pant sizes are often several "sizes" smaller than a persons actual waist size (as measure near the belly button). Pants manufacturer's do this to intentionally mislead people into feeling better about themselves- and thereby sell more pants.

Slomo said:
I know, right! A manufacturer saying a medium can "fit" a 43 inch waist is a bigger load of crap than a medium can take on a 43" waist person. lol....

It appears that many of them claim the upper range based exclusively on the upper tapes reaching the front wing, (ie your "belt size) and ignore the fact that the lower tapes will be out of reach several inches before that. This will vary depending on your hip size of course, for me it seems to be about five inches less in total. (in other words, the top tapes are in about 2.5 inches on both sides about the time the lowers are barely making it)

Depends on the Diaper. for AB brands i tend to go for large. but I can mostly get away with medium when i go for medical or pull ups.

For “proper” fit I am on the high end of a medium/low end of a large. I can however, “fit” into goodnites. For fun, not for any actual bladder capacity.

I seen run be funny in the large category at 47 inches just below the Belly button

I'm between Small and Extra Small. :smile1:

I wear medium size Crinklz, my waist is about 33 inches. I haven’t dared to measure lately though, since my eating disorder is out of control... I hope it’s 30-34 inches:rollseyes:

36"
Tried Medium a few years ago, ABU cloth backed. They were more sealed, but I considered them tight. have large little paws currently, they are big, no issues with tightness, but the legs are a bit loose. Ive lost a bit of #2 sometimes, but otherwise no issues. I like them large I guess, more absorbency, more enveloping.

I'm 40 inch and a large Molicare fits me perfectly. I think your nappy should extend to your bellybutton, anything below that doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back