Tykables or PeekABU, now the waiting begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
So I ordered the new Tykables Overnights & the new PeekABU & now I wait to see which one will arrive first. Which one do you think will show up first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah, "playing the pre-orders game"...

What was the change in the Tykables? I got some of their velcro overnights last year, and I like them, they're very comfortable.

bambinod said:
ah, "playing the pre-orders game"...

What was the change in the Tykables? I got some of their velcro overnights last year, and I like them, they're very comfortable.

These should be the same ones, I missed out on them when they 1st came out but those were snapped up immediately. This was supposed to be their 1st major resupply but it sounds like that batch is pretty much spoken for.

Ok well those are pretty good quality diapers all around, you should enjoy them as long as they fit. (tykables size rather small)

bambinod said:
Ok well those are pretty good quality diapers all around, you should enjoy them as long as they fit. (tykables size rather small)

Good to know. I’m 5’7” with a 36” waist but I’m actually losing weight. I made a lifestyle change & have lost almost 20lbs over the last 4 weeks. I started out at 192 & am down to 175. I haven’t measured my waist since then so it’s possible that I’m not a 36” waist anymore. I bought Med so I hope they fit okay, hopefully I continue to lose weight, I really should be around 140-145 to be at a healthy weight.

Just got a shipping notification from a ship point in Elk Grove, IL. I am pretty sure it’s from Tykables even though when I log in to my account it doesn’t say that my order shipped.

MailCat581 said:
Elk Grove, IL is definitely the Tykables. It depends on which warehouse your ABU order is at where it will come from. Either Baltimore, MD or Everett, WA.

I hope the ABU order is able to ship from Baltimore, I live in SE Michigan & that’s only about a 2 day ship point.

I haven't tried the abu diapers, but Tykables are revolutionary the best diaper on the market! Especially cause of the new velcro tape design, unlimited readjusteys!:smile1:

MailCat581 said:
Elk Grove, IL is definitely the Tykables. It depends on which warehouse your ABU order is at where it will come from. Either Baltimore, MD or Everett, WA.

My package from Elk Grove delivered, unfortunately it’s not my Tykables because the package is far too small for a case of Overnights [emoji22]

So I guess it’s still up in the air whether my PeekABUs or my Tykables will deliver first.

If you saw my other thread, you’d know that I’m not happy with Tykables right now & I have no outlook on when my order is going to ship.

The good news is that we have an answer on which diapers I’ll get 1st. I just got an email from ABUniverse saying that my PeekABUs have shipped! They deliver on Sat which is a full week before they expected them to ship out.

Yay me!!!

Bokeh said:
If you saw my other thread, you’d know that I’m not happy with Tykables right now & I have no outlook on when my order is going to ship.

The good news is that we have an answer on which diapers I’ll get 1st. I just got an email from ABUniverse saying that my PeekABUs have shipped! They deliver on Sat which is a full week before they expected them to ship out.

Yay me!!!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on them hopefully there awesome

You should use the opportunity to test out several different diaper brands. Once your peekabus run out, try a different diaper, and so on.

Your one of the lucky ones, I preordered a case of simples but haven’t seen any email shipping alerts yet. Looking forward to hearing your review

Bobert said:
Same. I wonder if the peekABUs have higher priority in the shipping queue. Hopefully they'll get them out before the weekend

I'm assuming backorders ship first - or more specifically, that orders are shipped in the order they were received.

pampers4U said:
Your one of the lucky ones, I preordered a case of simples but haven’t seen any email shipping alerts yet. Looking forward to hearing your review

I love the new PeekABU diapers. They certainly weren’t kidding when they stated that these were 20% thinner & 25% more absorbent. It almost feels strange how quickly they absorb liquid.

I tested them initially by pouring 2 liters of water down the front of my diaper. Typically when I run this test, the water ends up gathering at lowest point of the diaper & sits in a puddle until the diaper eventually absorbs it. That low point always ends up with the most bulk. The PeekABU absorbed the water so quickly that the top of the diaper was absorbing all the water & not allowing it to run down to the low point of the diaper. Instead of having the bulk of the diaper between my thighs, it was all in the front of the diaper instead. I usually continue to add water till the diaper can’t hold anymore but I wasn’t able to do that with the PeekABU because it had swelled up so quickly in the front that I couldn’t get any separation between the diaper & my body. It swelled up so much that I literally couldn’t get the water to travel down into the bottom of the diaper.

I was worried about the diaper being so full in the front that it might fail and burst open but it held everything fine. When I finally took it off, despite being swelled all the way up to the waistband, the seams were all perfectly in tact with no signs of impending failure.

Bokeh said:
I love the new PeekABU diapers. They certainly weren’t kidding when they stated that these were 20% thinner & 25% more absorbent. It almost feels strange how quickly they absorb liquid.

So did you get some in a beta-test, or have you received your regular order? I ordered closer to when they ran out of preorder stock and I'm still waiting on mine, I assume I'm toward the end of their shipping queue. I don't see any way to check order status though

(I do see on the PeekABU page: "Orders will ship on or before April 6th!"... I wonder if that's still good?)

These are from my regular order. They shipped before April 6th as stated by ABUniverse. If you were part of the pre-order, even if at the tail end, I’m willing to bet yours will ship by Friday as stated. I don’t believe that ABUNIVERSE oversold their pre-orders or are waiting for additional stock to arrive to fill the current pre-orders.

Just a heads up, ordered the simple ultras back on 3/5 and they showed up today didn’t get a notification which is perfectly fine, just a warning for those who might not want a package showing up unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back