What celebrity do you miss most that has passed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
For me, it's Robin Williams and Chester Bennington. Oh! Carrie Fisher too. :c They were all such great people, you know?

As soon as I saw the question, Robin Williams popped in my head. Even before I saw your answers so we have that in common.

Stephen Hawking is another. I just now found out he died. ;o; He was a great man who overcame his disability, showing the world that just because he WAS disabled... that he was still very brilliant.

George Carlin, Philip Seymour Hoffman, David Bowie. I cried for all three.

This is a very difficult question, but Andy Kaufman immediately comes to mind. I wonder how many crazy performances, pranks and deceptions he would have come up with if he had been able to live longer.

kenn Dodd

- - - Updated - - -

kenn Dodd who died today

David Bowie, definitely, his music meant a lot to me and my family as a whole, my Aunt even had a record store named after one of his songs once. It was really sad, my immediate family had tears in their eyes, he was a big part of not only my childhood, but my parents childhood as well. Bowie was a true creative maverick, having him as my icon made it cool to be a little weird and awesome to be creative and daring.

Ravensteel said:
George Carlin, Philip Seymour Hoffman, David Bowie. I cried for all three.

Agree with Philip Seymour Hoffman. Just watched Charlie Wilson's war, he more than held his own with Tom Hanks, both amazing talents. Too sad.
I'd also put Patrick Swayze in there too, definitely gone too soon.

George Carlin

I was pretty upset when John Lennon was killed because it meant the Beatles would never get together again.

I knew Stephen Hawking would die soon but why so soon

Letgo said:
I knew Stephen Hawking would die soon but why so soon

Soon? He lived a good 50 years past when the doctors said he would die.

Slomo said:

Stephen Hawking lived a good life. I agree with Slomo here. Most people with ALS don't live that long because the disease ravages their health and such.

For me it is mostly musicians a couple come to mind Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, George Harrison

Freddie Mercury and Robin Williams

Ray Charles and Ronald Reagan died the same day. Damn, I sure miss Ray Charles....

Here recently...David Ogden Stiers who played on M*A*S*H as Major Winchester as well as on some other shows and in Disney films as well...great actor.

Pete Seeger died the same day as Robin Williams. Loved both of them. Surprised Waylon Jennings was the first of The Outlaws to go. My bet had been David Allen Coe. He's kind of an animal. Rosie as in Rosie and the Originals, "Angel Baby" yeah. Just last year.

Slomo said:

1942-2018, isn't that 76? Gosh. I know I'm dyscalculiac, but, that's not young, with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Can you imagine if he hadn't plateaued? To me, he looked so much younger than 76 though, huh?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
1942-2018, isn't that 76? Gosh. I know I'm dyscalculiac, but, that's not young, with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Can you imagine if he hadn't plateaued? To me, he looked so much younger than 76 though, huh?

I was in disbelief when I heard he was 76. He did not look 76 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back