What celebrity do you miss most that has passed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine would be Sam Kinison! (I'll probably burn for that though! LOL)

It's very rare that celebrity deaths really affect me. I do feel a little bad about that. Oh, if we could mourn every death the way we do those close to us... we would all be caring and more compassionate people.

But I will admit to feeling a bit personally affected by John Mahoney's passing. I'm a bit of a sitcom person, and his role as Martin did affect me. Surely the writing had something to do with it, but his portrayal of Martin Crane allowed me to occasionally adopt him as a sort of emotional father figure at times. He made me laugh, he made me smile, and he absolutely made the character feel like a real person that I could relate to and wanted to know.

Even just through his acting, I'll remember him for the rest of my life.

Rodney Dangerfield, Leslie Nielsen, or John Candy. Their movies never fail to make my day...

But as far as an emotional connection, more than just missing their work... Harry Morgan. When I was a kid, I'd get home from school and The Hallmark Channel was always running reruns of MASH. Col. Potter was always my hero.

Harry Morgan was on a lot of films and TV. He was on Dragnet for so long...

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
1942-2018, isn't that 76? Gosh. I know I'm dyscalculiac, but, that's not young, with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Can you imagine if he hadn't plateaued? To me, he looked so much younger than 76 though, huh?

The doctors didn't say he was expected to die right after he was born. Hawkin was diagnosed with als in his early 20's and was given less than 5 years to live. Amazingly he lived an addition 50 years beyond that.

Hence why i refuted what Letgo said, he did not die so soon.

Slomo said:
The doctors didn't say he was expected to die right after he was born. Hawkin was diagnosed with als in his early 20's and was given less than 5 years to live. Amazingly he lived an addition 50 years beyond that.

Hence why i refuted what Letgo said, he did not die so soon.

Exactly, barring some oddity. ALS is an adult disease. He plateaued, and, lead a good long one. Still didn't look 76.

Robin Williams! Definitely!!

Pete Seeger died the same day as Robin Williams. I remember him being on the ABC Johnny Cash Show, Johnny was taking a risk because Seeger was blacklisted by the McCarthy investigations. Then Johnny did a song by Kris Kristofferson "sunday morning, coming down" and ABC called Johnny and told him to alter the lyrics because it's supposedly about drugs. Johnny agreed (the same day as the LIVE broadcast) and as he put it, he was thinking to himself "Kris is my friend, he wrote it and f$$$ these bastards I'm going to sing it as Kris wrote it". The "offending" lyric was "wishin', Lord, that I was stoned". He sang it, they fired him, and he walked away with his dignity intact.

David bowie for sure

Acivii :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I found myself in a jail cell for a few months, had to sweat it out, got a subscription to MAD magazine, So I got a delivery, there was a deal about unresolvable questions, like "What are all the Dead-Heads going to put on their resumes for the past 27 years now that Jerry Garcia died?" and that's how I found out.

Robbin Williams. I miss seeing him on big screen.

Satoru Iwata and David Bowie. Both left me ripped apart.

Carrie Fisher.

Prince, Chris Farley, and James Gandolfini :sad:

Back on Christmas Day 2016, I remember being suddenly shocked to hear that George Michael died suddenly that day; I didn't hear about this until that night. And he only lived to 53.

Michael Jackson's death was very sudden, to me, as far as I could remember as well.

I won't ever forget the day Whitney Houston passed away. She was the diva who sadly was gone too soon.

Comedian Rik Mayall also suddenly died back in 2014 and I only heard about this after reading a Youtube comment saying something like "RIP Rik Mayall", then I went to his Wiki page. This was really shocking and I used to be a devout fan of him.

Also John Ritter's death (I only heard about this way long after he died; this was during my pre-teen years). I remember John Ritter as Ben Healy, the adoptive father and hero of the Problem Child series, and he was also Clifford the Big Red Dog in the TV series.

I didn't expect to hear that any of these people or Robin Williams died very unexpectantly, nor did I hear how Robin Williams was suffering badly from depression and other things for years.

LittlePrinceC3 said:
Back on Christmas Day 2016, I remember being suddenly shocked to hear that George Michael died suddenly that day; I didn't hear about this until that night. And he only lived to 53.

Michael Jackson's death was very sudden, to me, as far as I could remember as well.

I won't ever forget the day Whitney Houston passed away. She was the diva who sadly was gone too soon.

Comedian Rik Mayall also suddenly died back in 2014 and I only heard about this after reading a Youtube comment saying something like "RIP Rik Mayall", then I went to his Wiki page. This was really shocking and I used to be a devout fan of him.

Also John Ritter's death (I only heard about this way long after he died; this was during my pre-teen years). I remember John Ritter as Ben Healy, the adoptive father and hero of the Problem Child series, and he was also Clifford the Big Red Dog in the TV series.

I didn't expect to hear that any of these people or Robin Williams died very unexpectantly, nor did I hear how Robin Williams was suffering badly from depression and other things for years.

I remember when John Ritter's dad, Tex Ritter, passed. And now Anthony Bourdain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back