Trying Tykables Overnights for the first time tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just arrived today, and the packaging looks really well made. Colourful decorations on all sides, and even has a "Bedtime Checklist". Sadly I have to throw the packaging away since my stash is quite small, the whole box doesn't fit in it :p.

The diaper uses hook-and-loop (velcro) tapes instead of regular adhesive ones, which makes them refastenable infinite times without losing any grip or damaging the outer plastic. This is particularly useful for me since I'm still terrible at taping myself. :sweatdrop:
The tapes are also somewhat larger and wider than average.

It has a nice and cute print, and some blue stars that fade when wet. Compared to the ABU Space that I've tried before, this diaper has a different fit. It's more "roomy" and the padding feels slightly thinner and denser. It's also slightly more discreet and silent.

I haven't found the maximum capacity yet, though. I'll test it tonight.
Update : Finally leaked after the third flooding. Capacity is similar to ABU Space, which is good enough for me.

It costs £17.95 for a pack of 10 on NappiesRUs. So far my most expensive diaper, though only by slight margin.

Last edited:
well that bag really doesn't take up that much space does it? At least get out a scissors and cut out that checklist to keep ;)

bambinod said:
well that bag really doesn't take up that much space does it? At least get out a scissors and cut out that checklist to keep ;)

I can do that, I guess.

darkjo said:
I can do that, I guess.

attachment.php

darkjo said:
The diaper uses hook-and-loop tapes instead of regular adhesive ones, which makes them refastenable infinite times without losing any grip or damaging the outer plastic. This is particularly useful for me since I'm still terrible at taping myself.

Any chance you could post a picture of this? I am really curious what it looks like and how well it fits. I imagine the loops are placed in specific areas so what of its just not in the Right spot and it's either too loose or too tight?

I'm having a hard time imagining what this looks like and how exactly it works.

LilDragon99 said:
Any chance you could post a picture of this? I am really curious what it looks like and how well it fits. I imagine the loops are placed in specific areas so what of its just not in the Right spot and it's either too loose or too tight?

You can check it out on Fruitkitty's review here : https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/114582-Tykables-Overnights-Advanced-Diaper-Review
It works just like regular tapes, just stick it on the landing zone as usual.

LilDragon99 said:

The velcro taped diapers use a micro-loop panel instead of a smooth hard tape panel. It's got a bit of a stiff cloth feel to it. The tapes have a micro hook area on them, that's usually quite small actually. A regular 1" x 2" tape only needs a patch about 1" x 1/4" near the end to hold fine.

Waddlers supplement this with their tapes by adding a light adhesive patch behind that on the tapes, and this allows you to roll up and "tape shut" your wet diaper after removing it. That's an issue I have with others like Bambino's Magnifico, they just have velcro on the tapes, and when you roll up a wet diaper, it's very hard to do it so that the tape panel is on the outside where you can attach the tapes to keep it from unrolling.

All the velcro micro hook patches I've seen on all the diapers that use them seem to be very stiff. The original cloth cushies had tapes that were one big velcro patch, and so the corners were really hard and sharp, murder on your wrists. The new diapers seem to have realized this and corrected it by adding a soft wavy cloth extension on the end to protect the wrists when sleeping. It really helps!

bambinod said:
The velcro taped diapers use a micro-loop panel instead of a smooth hard tape panel. It's got a bit of a stiff cloth feel to it. The tapes have a micro hook area on them, that's usually quite small actually. A regular 1" x 2" tape only needs a patch about 1" x 1/4" near the end to hold fine.

Waddlers supplement this with their tapes by adding a light adhesive patch behind that on the tapes, and this allows you to roll up and "tape shut" your wet diaper after removing it. That's an issue I have with others like Bambino's Magnifico, they just have velcro on the tapes, and when you roll up a wet diaper, it's very hard to do it so that the tape panel is on the outside where you can attach the tapes to keep it from unrolling.

All the velcro micro hook patches I've seen on all the diapers that use them seem to be very stiff. The original cloth cushies had tapes that were one big velcro patch, and so the corners were really hard and sharp, murder on your wrists. The new diapers seem to have realized this and corrected it by adding a soft wavy cloth extension on the end to protect the wrists when sleeping. It really helps!

And it sticks really well, too! It never moves or slides around the landing zone, even after wearing all night. I even flooded it twice and it doesn't budge. So far the best tapes I've seen out of any diaper.

I have to give it to Tykables for using velcro tabs on a plastic diaper. The whole landing zone/ no lower tapes problem doesn't work very good to start with, but this is still a good combination between form and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back