Do you think public perception is getting better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Didn't mean to completely kill the mood. Sorry guys.

Sad! those who shout the loudest have the most to hide! uneducated red neck morons

- - - Updated - - -

Sad! those who shout the loudest have the most to hide! uneducated red neck morons

Like I said, bad apple.

MadDoctor said:
So, this link just popped up on my Reddit front page. This does not help our public image. It's got a racial slur in it, be warned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/justneckbe...ckbeard_pursues_a_mommy_followup_in_comments/

In a world where information is increasingly available, awfulness must also be more available. On the plus side, I don't think it's hard to argue that someone's racism or exhibitionism is their own. We see those as distinct parts of a person's whole all the time.

As to whether diaper fascinations will ever become mainstream, I doubt it. We have some deep rooted need to be who we are, with our secrecy, our sometimes shame & guilt, and our incessant need to find acceptance. We're not monsters. We're not pedo's. We're kids trapped in adult bodies, with adult inclinations, but yearning to find the go-back machine. How we're perceived by the mainstream crowd will always be flavored by extremes among us, and the perceptions of those that mistakenly represent us a pathetic, drooling, adults, with brain defects. What they'll never come to realize is that we are they. We are everywhere. We're male, and we're female. We deliver your packages. We direct your traffic. We make your steel, and we watch over the sick. We judge, and we are judged. One day someone might do an expose on what life is truly like, with marriage, sexuality, diapers, life, mortgages, jobs, and all the rest of it. If and when that happens, there will still be a mainstream group that find it weird and disconcerting. Others will move on to the next story. It will mean nothing to them.

Jamieboy said:
As to whether diaper fascinations will ever become mainstream, I doubt it. We have some deep rooted need to be who we are, with our secrecy, our sometimes shame & guilt, and our incessant need to find acceptance. We're not monsters. We're not pedo's. We're kids trapped in adult bodies, with adult inclinations, but yearning to find the go-back machine. How we're perceived by the mainstream crowd will always be flavored by extremes among us, and the perceptions of those that mistakenly represent us a pathetic, drooling, adults, with brain defects. What they'll never come to realize is that we are they. We are everywhere. We're male, and we're female. We deliver your packages. We direct your traffic. We make your steel, and we watch over the sick. We judge, and we are judged. One day someone might do an expose on what life is truly like, with marriage, sexuality, diapers, life, mortgages, jobs, and all the rest of it. If and when that happens, there will still be a mainstream group that find it weird and disconcerting. Others will move on to the next story. It will mean nothing to them.

Oh, that is the best speech I've ever read. Should be on the front page or something.

BabyTyrant said:
I would like to think that some day public perception of ABDL would become more positive, but I think it's an uphill battle and may possibly be decades before we see widespread acceptance.

2 things have happened within a few weeks that caused me to feel inspired to ask this question.

1st I saw a tweet about an AB/DL getting kicked out by his parents after they opened his mail; hopefully he is getting some help getting situated with a place to stay because this is one of the worse things that can happen to any of us.

2nd, I saw another tweet asking about the legality of an employer asking questions about an employee of theirs being ABDL; because this person's Ex (as far as anybody knows it's probably them) told the person's employer about this.

Thankfully I have a pretty good thing in that I'm not getting kicked out and details of my ABDL side are not being leaked to anybody in real life.

I actually know about each specific thing you're talking about.

First one: Yep, I tried getting that person a little bit of help financially.

Second one: Yep. That's my tweet. RIP. So far, nothing bad has come from it, but we'll see. My therapist has provided enough details supporting / positively on my end, whilst also trying to be as factual as possible. However, it's not all over yet. I'll probably find out some time after I come back from CAPcon on the 26th or so.

Saoirse96 said:
I actually know about each specific thing you're talking about.

First one: Yep, I tried getting that person a little bit of help financially.

Second one: Yep. That's my tweet. RIP. So far, nothing bad has come from it, but we'll see. My therapist has provided enough details supporting / positively on my end, whilst also trying to be as factual as possible. However, it's not all over yet. I'll probably find out some time after I come back from CAPcon on the 26th or so.

Yeah I know, just didn't know if you were on here or not.

And that's good that things seem to be going your way; hopefully there won't be something unexpected and bad happen.

Jamieboy said:

Ditto, to what BabyJacob98 said about this post, it was outstanding. If there was an AB/DL manifesto it should be on the opening page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back