BedWetting Medications

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Would any one be willing to share your experiences using different medications to reduce or remove bedwetting? Desmopressin, Imipramine, etc.. Curious if any of you have found these useful for travel and the like - or even as a permanent solution? I’ve read that they can have side effects and in some cases lose effectiveness over time which is why people sometimes poo poo them. But I’m considering giving it a go - especially for when I have to travel or sleep around other people than my wife. Thanks.

My urologist made a suggestion that i could be put on beswetting tablets they normally give to kids. Problem was i'd be on it forever, and that i'd have to limit my sodium intake.

I said no.

cm90210 said:
Would any one be willing to share your experiences using different medications to reduce or remove bedwetting? Desmopressin, Imipramine, etc.. Curious if any of you have found these useful for travel and the like - or even as a permanent solution? I’ve read that they can have side effects and in some cases lose effectiveness over time which is why people sometimes poo poo them. But I’m considering giving it a go - especially for when I have to travel or sleep around other people than my wife. Thanks.
I have taken two OAB meds myrbetriq left me with high blood pressure, flu symptoms, and a few other bad things. Took it for a week.

Toviaz has done decently well at reducing issues but not really resolved the whole problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've tried the ALL. Most were just a wast of time, and left me with side effects but no positive main effect. Some, have reduced my problems slightly, but no enough to where I wasn't still having them. Add in their side effects as well, and it just didn't make sense to keep taking them.

I’m in the same boat as Slomo. The side effects ranged from headaches, to restlessness, to dry mouth to he point of me drinking and wetting worse, and more. You could try setting an alarm every hour or two to use the bathroom until your able to gain control, but I don’t know anyone that it’s worked for.

night time incontinence is the hardest (almost impossible) to regain control as an adult, meds for the the part do not work or have bad side effects.
Diapers while not a cure do manage bed wetting the best, getting up every hour or so to pee is not practical and the lack of sleep will lead to worse medical issues down the road

The side effects of the medication I was offered were not worth the little help it gave.

My urogist tried me on six different medications for my urge incontinence. I took one of them at a time for trial periods of three months. The only one that did not produce unpleasant side effect was the oxybutynin patch. However, the side effects of the other drugs were just nuisances that I could have put up if one of the drugs had significantly relieved my urge incontinence, but none did so.

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

I have an appointment with a new urologist soon and I'm going to talk with him about experimenting with some of them. I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Even if I could come to rely on one for times when I'm traveling or staying at someone's house, it would simplify life so so much.

I wonder if he'll even understand that impulse...

Most drugs need to be taken constantly to maintain their usefulness but most don't work 100% of the time.

What it sounds like to me. Bedtime medication still requires a diaper unless your lucky few. We also have to remember Diaper cost plus medication cost it could be costly.

I've tried Flomax & Oxybutinin...the Flomax seemed to help for a couple weeks, then lost effectiveness. The side effects weren't worth it to me, however: Headache, chronically stuffy nose, insomnia (I averaged 4 - 4 1/2 hours of sleep a night while on it), etc. The Ditropan/Oxybutanin did seem to help with my bladder spasms, but also unpleasant side effects. I stopped taking both of them, but am considering another trial of the Ditropan, as I'm wondering if my side effects were more related to an illness I came down with and less about the meds.

Hi I'm on solifenacin take one a day it does give you a dry mouth

When my urologist suggested medication I told him I was fine wearing diapers to bed and did not want to add another pill to my daily intake. He was fine with my decision.

medications never worked for my bedwetting

DaddyNate said:
medications never worked for my bedwetting

They never did anything for my bedwetting either

I was put on a drug for it when I was young but I cant remember the name. What I do remember is that it made me feel drowsy and gave me dry eye and dry mouth. I was on it for about 18 months and it was only somewhat effective.

mikesecret said:
I was put on a drug for it when I was young but I cant remember the name. What I do remember is that it made me feel drowsy and gave me dry eye and dry mouth. I was on it for about 18 months and it was only somewhat effective.

Same here. I just wear nappies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back