Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've sort of been meaning to treat myself to a tape-on diaper these last couple days. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the YMCA, then out for a sushi lunch, so figure why not enjoy a DC Idyl at the same time as my favorite food?

After my time in the pool I plan on padding up in a toilet stall in the locker room. My supplies are ready in my backpack. This will be my first time putting on a tape-on in a public restroom, as well as my first time doing so standing up.

Hoping all goes smoothly.

Good luck , best if you let it out slowly to avoid overwhelming the diaper as it can escape the sides if to much all at once. I enjoy peeing whilst I talk to someone it just seems to add to the naughty secret side of things lol:biggrin:

Sounds awesome. First time out is a nervous fun experience. It still is for me when I change in public

It's not my first time wearing in public, just my first time putting on a full-blown diaper in public.

Changing in public is frightening at first, but there really isn't anything to be worried about, the risks are mainly imagined. I change in public restrooms dozens of times per week and have never had a single problem involving anyone else. Practise fitting the diaper while standing at home first, especially identify the exact landing positions for the tapes. I have two methods - if I am confident that I can land the tapes correctly, e.g. on a very familiar diaper, I don't lean against the (possibly dirty) wall. I simply place the tapes in position with the diaper loosely around me, and once all four are on I snug it into position. If that is likely to result in an inaccurate fitting, e.g. with unfamiliar diapers, I clean a patch of wall with an antibacterial wipe first, and lean against it.

Then enjoy your meal!

Update: I couldn't get it as snug as it should be, and if there was anyone in the next stall they might have seen it when I held it a bit too low, but I got it on without major incident, went to lunch, then did some shopping.

I only wish DC Idyls had second-chance tapes like Abenas do.

Do idyl not have refastenable tapes and landing zone?

dlboylife said:
Do idyl not have refastenable tapes and landing zone?

They sure do!

though the adhesive isn't so great, you gotta watch out you don't foul the tapes with finger oil or even powders, and don't expect to move them much. They also seem to adhere down after an hour or two and moving them often leaves some adhesive behind... so, not really that reliable to move.

Just shimmy out, do your business, and shimmy back in! Works fine unless you have really round hips.

bambinod said:
They sure do!

though the adhesive isn't so great, you gotta watch out you don't foul the tapes with finger oil or even powders, and don't expect to move them much. They also seem to adhere down after an hour or two and moving them often leaves some adhesive behind... so, not really that reliable to move.

Just shimmy out, do your business, and shimmy back in! Works fine unless you have really round hips.

That's what id when need to go a 2 shimmy shimmy.

bambinod said:

Yeah, have had to do that a couple times today because I quit messing after I started taking laxatives; just wish it was easier to readjust the tapes to make things more snug without possibly ripping the diaper.

Here's my tip for putting on a diaper in a public bathroom where you might not want to lean against the wall...

I always wear a pair of snug-fitting boxer-briefs over mine, to stop it sagging when its wet. So what I do is use the boxers to support the fresh diaper; with the boxers pulled slightly down it supports the diaper at the back so I can do the tapes. This is also a handy trick when out camping or in the wilderness when there just aren't any walls at all.

I use public facility a lot to change. It's jacket season where I live so I put the folded diaper inside of my left side and keep that arm in my pocket or in the jacket to be discreet. Once in the stall, I open and unfold and change by sitting into it on the toilet with it rested on the seat. I've also used the technique where you pull up the boxers to stabilize but have found I get a better fit by doing the former.

I have a comfortable mixture of discreet and no shame. If I'm changing out of a wet diaper sometimes I'm careful with the noise of the tapes, other times I let it hang at my legs like a pull up. I'm in the stall and for all anyone knows it's for a need. Pretty sure most aren't going out of their way to look anyway. That's how I became more comfortable. Good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Situations like this are where it helps greatly to memorize where the tapes end up at when you do have a good fit. The next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in the same spot and you automatically have a good fit every time.

Slomo said:
Situations like this are where it helps greatly to memorize where the tapes end up at when you do have a good fit. The next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in the same spot and you automatically have a good fit every time.

In addition to that I'd suggest using the same method of diapering at home as you do on the go, even if you'd prefer something else. Changing while laying on your back while at home doesn't let you practice or get used to taping while standing up when away from home.

I prefer to pretape my diapers (attach tapes, then pull up) and that may be a good option for you also, (tape them at home and pack them) but I've never tried that myself. Pretaping them will guarantee you a perfect, FAST, quiet change every time. Adult diapers tend to ship tri-folded to be more compact, but can only be easily folded in half after being taped - that makes them rather long. See my ava picture to the left, those bambino diapers are pretaped and folded in half, and you can see how long that makes them. I kinda like that look though, that's how I remember seeing baby diapers years ago in the bags, they never used to be folded in thirds years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back