Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE GUYS! Gotham is putting us in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    I hate to play the role of "jaded cynic" here, but why is everyone so surprised about the negative portrait people paint AB/DLs in anymore? People don't consider it normal, and without a doubt people are going to fuck with us any chance they get. Yeah, you get the odd minority who lives and lets live, but for the most part, we're all going to be classified as "the freaks" via media sensationalizing. I'd rather us not be portrayed in such a mainstream medium myself, but this has been a constant thing for many years, like that one CSI episode I'm sure most people here know about by now, and that one aired in 2005 – thirteen years ago. I would for sure hate to say it, but considering how long it's been going on by now, making fun of AB/DLs at any chance content creators in the media get isn't going anywhere any time soon.
    I think the hope every time is that "maybe this one will be different", and yeah, that seems to be a forlorn hope but I don't think it's necessarily unreasonable. I mean, we've seen so many subcultures get more positive portrayal in mainstream media of late that I do think it's more a matter of "when" than "if" necessarily. It's just clear that "when" isn't necessarily now, and so each subsequent one is just a bit of a disappointment. Of course, like has been said, there have been far worse than this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maux View Post
    I mean, we've seen so many subcultures get more positive portrayal in mainstream media of late that I do think it's more a matter of "when" than "if" necessarily.
    This is a nice example of a more positive portrayal of age play (subtitles available).

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...ighlight=Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    They should film at WH he's always a baby and got his diapers in a wad.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Jealous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife watches the show, canít wait to see if she says anything to me about it!

Yeah but Gotham is a terrible television show all around so I wouldn't worry lol. In all seriousness it would be nice if our community was portrayed in a less creepy way. I'm willing to accept the weird part, because in all fairness we all are a bit weird. I don't think were creepy though and I hate that that seems to be the common theme when Hollywood portrays us.

Quote Originally Posted by kik91 View Post
    Like seriously, why do they have to portray us like crazy fetishists who are like insane and evil? Is it really that hard to be open minded?
    It's just a show, man. A DC show on top of that; Superhero shows tend to be very over-the-top.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko View Post
    When I look at myself in the mirror with a pacifier in my mouth, or perhaps a DC Idyl on, I think I look pretty damn cute. (Granted, being a younger female might help me out here some, although I strive for an ''adorable little boy'' aesthetic.)
    I would like to throw this out for posterity's sake; despite being a guy in his mid-20's, I look adorable in a diaper and no-one, and most certainly not a mirror, is going to tell me otherwise. 83

Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    I would like to throw this out for posterity's sake; despite being a guy in his mid-20's, I look adorable in a diaper and no-one, and most certainly not a mirror, is going to tell me otherwise. 83
    LOL. Despite the fact that everyone knows internet forums are populated by cops pretending to be 14 year old girls and paunchy balding 50 something perverts. In our case, diapers are just the frosting on that unsavory cake!

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperMark View Post
    Jealous?

Not in the least my diapers are very comfortable and never in a wad. Niether me or my diapers are disposable however trump and his diapers are an endangered species ,a majority of the world hopes will be extinct soon.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I dunno- never seen the show, but it looks like the AB's in the clip may be the victims of the nurse(?) and the one with the bib may actually be helping out the two detective looking either side of him (her?) -if that's the case, I don't see trashing AB's taking place. May even garner a bit of sympathy for us?

Would love to see this, do they put old episodes on youtube? (I don't have a TV). BTW someone above said March 29- the clip says March 22nd

Great kitchen in the start of the clip! Wish I could afford that for my horrid cottage...

I got to put it out there. I love Gotham. I love its quirkiness; its weirdness and I'll probably love this episode. I just wish my wife was around to see it. She would have teased me no end and I would have loved it.