Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob, you are absolutely correct. Since I only wear cloth diapers, I have had to increase my supplies of diapers, inserts, PUL, Plastic pants, as well as powder, baby wipes, lotion, Baby wash, Desitin, butt paste. Also storage of these items takes up a lot of space. I have recently purchased onezies, to minimize diaper bump when I go out for long periods of time. Although I am confident wearing a diaper in public, changing a cloth diaper in a public restroom is s messy situation. My anxiety increases when I know my diaper is really wet, and might leak. Consider this when going 24/7. I have had to make plans to live my life with the knowledge that wearing a diaper was a smaller part of my life, but now takes a large part, I am experiencing signs that diaper dependence is likely, and will accept whatever outcome that arises. I know that I am not alone, and feel secure that for me diapers are a part of my life.

Slomo said:
Adiba, your situation is exactly why I tell anyone looking to become incontinent to just start wearing 24/7. As you found, the costs alone can be a real eye opener. Though as I also point out, when you're incontinent the costs of diapers become a higher priority. It isn't whether or not you can afford diapers, it becomes you buy the diapers you need, then worry about whether or not you can afford to go out to eat, buy new clothes, or buy gas enough to drive around.

The cost is the biggest con. This is why I would hate to waste money

- - - Updated - - -

stanfordgirl said:
Surprised that no one has stated the obvious ...you are 21 years old and still living at home? if you want the type of privacy that you require to live the 24/7 lifestyle then why don't you take this opportunity to move into your own place?? Secondly, what I don't understand is why anyone would go into your room and start rummaging around through your personal things and purport to be moving your things for you??? I took a very small informal poll here and everyone agreed that in this type of situation they would be expected/required to move their own things to the new house and if everything was being moved by a professional moving company then the day of the move box your stuff up and throw it into the trunk of your car so it's not part of the mix. I have a very hard time believing that this move will take place with no notice given to you before the movers are at your door looking for your personal effects. Did I miss something in your original post?

We have too much of a cultural barrier for me to explain

- - - Updated - - -

Rob110 said:
As Slomo has already when you have no choice but to wear you have to change your budget priorities, as diapers are an necessity not an option.
There are more cons to wearing diapers then pros for the most part, its up to each person who decides to wear and use diapers if they can live with the reality of having to be diapered 24/7 for the rest of their live.

Be carefully what you wish for hou may get it

Yes, I have already faced these problems. It took me a while sort out my budget. I also gave a lot of thought before deciding to go 24/7 . The budget problem is probably temporarily. The situation would be better when I complete college and get a good job.

- - - Updated - - -

alwayz said:
Rob, you are absolutely correct. Since I only wear cloth diapers, I have had to increase my supplies of diapers, inserts, PUL, Plastic pants, as well as powder, baby wipes, lotion, Baby wash, Desitin, butt paste. Also storage of these items takes up a lot of space. I have recently purchased onezies, to minimize diaper bump when I go out for long periods of time. Although I am confident wearing a diaper in public, changing a cloth diaper in a public restroom is s messy situation. My anxiety increases when I know my diaper is really wet, and might leak. Consider this when going 24/7. I have had to make plans to live my life with the knowledge that wearing a diaper was a smaller part of my life, but now takes a large part, I am experiencing signs that diaper dependence is likely, and will accept whatever outcome that arises. I know that I am not alone, and feel secure that for me diapers are a part of my life.

Slomo, Rob & Alwayz all three of you are right. I myself had to go through a lot of changes in my lifestyle for going 24/7. I mostly use baby diapers to cut the cost. Though I used to wear 24/7, I rarely wet in public. I'm still in the learning process. I've stated the word "Nearly 24/7" in my post. I don't know if you noticed that. I have learned to wet in any position, wet while doing my chores, wet a little bit every few minutes and started bedwetting regularly just 2 months ago. Wetting in public was supposed to be the next thing I would learn.

I too feel happy knowing that I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back