It only took 30 years to tell my wife that I was an AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Yup, 30 years. I knew that I liked to wear diapers and be little since I was about 4. I battled with it, binge purge, off and on into my twenties. I really did think that there was NOBODY out there that was like me, or could possibly understand me. Like many here I was perplexed, humiliated, and ashamed but blissfully happy when I was padded and escaped into my little world. But there was no internet to get validation, support or possibly understand what was happening.

Also about that time, I met a beautiful young lady whom I would eventually marry. Your wondering, was I wearing at the time and did she know it? I was wearing even on dates, and no she did not know it. When we got married I thought the urges would disappear. They didn't, but I stomped them down anyways. I did make a few vain attempts but the secrecy the logistics just did not work.

About 5 years into our marriage, I lightly broached the subject with my wife. I jokingly said as we discussing having a family, "you could just diaper me instead". Well that did not work out. She wanted/needed a real baby.

Years later I had reached the most stressful point in my life; and one day I slowly began to open up to my wife about, "something that I had struggled with for 50+ years". The more that I told her, the more empathetic she got. The closer we were becoming. But I just could not get over the hump. I just could not say to her, " I like/need to wear diapers and feel little". Finally, I gave her enough clues that she just said it, "you like to wear diapers and act like a baby". It was if a million pounds had been lifted off of my shoulders it was the relief of a lifetime.

My wife was totally understanding and accepting. Our marriage has never been better and our relationship never closer than we are now. She constantly surprises me and takes wonderful care of me. She actually said she wishes she had know sooner, as that was such a long time to carry that burden alone.

I'm really glad I did not tell her though at that time. For 2 reasons, 1. the resources to explain it all were just not that available and 2. she needed to have and experience a real baby first. My needs would have diluted that experience for her.

If I were to move our relationship into the future, lets say now. And we were starting all over. I think that I would have told her when we were dating. I think that it would have been important to give her the choice and there would have been allot of resources out there to help explain this. In 1985 there was nothing, I was figuratively on an island and thought there really must be something wrong with me.

Because of my wife and her total acceptance I realize, I'm OK. Because of websites like this I know that I am not alone and understand myself much better.

I'm telling you all this because now I can be the little guy I always was; and although I still don't understand completely how I got here, most of the time I feel better about it all, my wife makes sure of that.

I know allot of you struggle with "coming out". For me luckily it worked. It could have gone the other way. Fortunately my wife and I had a solid 30 years together. Not perfect but solid.

Bottom line, I am a much happier person now. I don't have to hide at least not from my wife. And if I had to do it all over again, I would have told her early on prior to marriage, so she would have the choice. I just thank God it worked out the way it did. She is the most loving and caring woman in the world. I was blessed. I am the luckiest man in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: luckydaye
I had the same experience with my wife. I think it's part of our generation. We were supposed to be strong, ready to go and fight in the next stupid war. I also grew up on the Jersey Shore and you had to be tough, stand up to the bullies, etc. Like you, I married and thought I could put it behind me, which I did for a while. Once the children were old enough to go to school, I had some opportunities to wear diapers. My wife was a teacher and I had Fridays off which I used to vacuum and clean the house. I also used to time to enjoy diapers.

After the kids were grown and gone, my wife who was diabetic, had to go on dialysis. We also were struggling to save her foot which became infected. I was her home dialysis partner and her wound care doctor. Eventually I told her about my wearing diapers and she was very supportive. She was a wonderful girl, but she lost her battle with diabetes last October. I'd much rather have her back than diapers, but life and death doesn't give you those kind of choices. Anyway, yeah for accepting wives!

That's awesome, dude! I'm so glad you were able to get that off your chest and improve your relationship with your wife. I've never really thought about how the ABDL scene was different without the Internet. Being a millennial, I've always grown up with the Internet. I can imagine it was a lot more lonely and a lot less information. Were you ever able to find evidence of the existence of other ABDLs without Internet?

dogboy said:
I had the same experience with my wife. I think it's part of our generation. We were supposed to be strong, ready to go and fight in the next stupid war. I also grew up on the Jersey Shore and you had to be tough, stand up to the bullies, etc. Like you, I married and thought I could put it behind me, which I did for a while. Once the children were old enough to go to school, I had some opportunities to wear diapers. My wife was a teacher and I had Fridays off which I used to vacuum and clean the house. I also used to time to enjoy diapers.

After the kids were grown and gone, my wife who was diabetic, had to go on dialysis. We also were struggling to save her foot which became infected. I was her home dialysis partner and her wound care doctor. Eventually I told her about my wearing diapers and she was very supportive. She was a wonderful girl, but she lost her battle with diabetes last October. I'd much rather have her back than diapers, but life and death doesn't give you those kind of choices. Anyway, yeah for accepting wives!

Wow DogBoy, Im so sorry for your loss. That had to be very difficult. I hope in time that it will be easier for you. Thanx for sharing that it sounds like your wife was a wonderful woman.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyMozart said:
That's awesome, dude! I'm so glad you were able to get that off your chest and improve your relationship with your wife. I've never really thought about how the ABDL scene was different without the Internet. Being a millennial, I've always grown up with the Internet. I can imagine it was a lot more lonely and a lot less information. Were you ever able to find evidence of the existence of other ABDLs without Internet?

Lonely is not an adequate word for it. I think that isolated is better, somehow it magnifies it more, at least it does for me. And without the information, without the ability to talk to someone the guilt the humiliation and the fear of being found out was intense. There was no way at least for me to find out about anybody else as it was hard for me to accept in myself let alone seek out like minded individuals for the fear of being rejected further humiliated. Even today that fear still exists, but at least there is the ability to communicate with like minded individuals. The internet was instrumental for me to learn and to help my wife understand about being an AB.

In 1967 wearing diapers is not something that you would talk about with your friends when playing with GI Joes and you would not casually bring it up with your friends on the way to football practice. You were alone.

@littlemoosey - congrats on breaking through!

@dogboy - sorry for your loss. At least you were able to be honest, as well, in revealing yourself.

For me, even after 30 years of marriage, and two years dating before, and even with all the current resources, and places to go & be, it is still a life of diaper solitude, in many ways. We haven't gotten together with any like-minded diaper couples/individuals to just "be". And the online diaper stuff is very lacking, and quite unfulfilling, much the same as other mainstream social media. It's sad, really. We live our lives, and then we die, in many cases never being totally understood, never being totally accepted, and never really being able to actually turn the biological clock backwards. I had/have high hopes that I'll still be alive, and able to enjoy an immersive diaper experience via VR, but even that may slip through my hands, if they don't make it possible. Oh, well, a fella can still dream.

Jamieboy said:
@littlemoosey - congrats on breaking through!

@dogboy - sorry for your loss. At least you were able to be honest, as well, in revealing yourself.

"in many cases never being totally understood, never being totally accepted, and never really being able to actually turn the biological clock backwards. "

I definitely hear you Jamieboy, "understood or accepted". I was lucky with my wife. I don't think that lightning will strike me again, not in my circles. One thing that all of this has done for me is to really open my eyes. That is, I have become much more accepting of others and their personal choices.

Sometimes I wish that I could be more, "out" but then I wonder why. Is there a bit of voyeurism in me? Am I looking for attention? What purpose would it serve? I guess I just don't want to be afraid about this anymore. Up until I told my wife I covered this up for over 50 years.

Like you I don't think that I will see a major shift in perception in my lifetime. I never thought about the rapidly advancing technology of VR. Maybe one day I will be able to take a walk down Park Ave in nothing but cotton, plastic and pins and a snapping t shirt and tennies. And no one will really give a damn. Like you, now I can dream.!

It is wonderful that it worked out for you with your wife. I am genuinely happy for you! For many of us it did not work out as well. It is great to hear about a positive outcome!

littlemoosey said:
Wow DogBoy, Im so sorry for your loss. That had to be very difficult. I hope in time that it will be easier for you. Thanx for sharing that it sounds like your wife was a wonderful woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Lonely is not an adequate word for it. I think that isolated is better, somehow it magnifies it more, at least it does for me. And without the information, without the ability to talk to someone the guilt the humiliation and the fear of being found out was intense. There was no way at least for me to find out about anybody else as it was hard for me to accept in myself let alone seek out like minded individuals for the fear of being rejected further humiliated. Even today that fear still exists, but at least there is the ability to communicate with like minded individuals. The internet was instrumental for me to learn and to help my wife understand about being an AB.

In 1967 wearing diapers is not something that you would talk about with your friends when playing with GI Joes and you would not casually bring it up with your friends on the way to football practice. You were alone.

Yes we were lol we are the same age.
About the time 1967 or 68 I was hooked on diapers .
Have been sense then.
All the best to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back