Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To leave or not to leave, that is the question

Default To leave or not to leave, that is the question

I've just been thinking, (I know, dangerous!!!), about the recent rash of departures, and honestly, I can understand it to some degree. I myself have considered it over the last few weeks, for several reasons, but especially since it seems that the rep system has degraded to the point it's virtually useless. I've had a couple of issues with it myself, and have remained quiet about it until a few days ago, when I mentioned something in private to the admins. I've yet to see a response, even though it's been viewed 8 times now. I realize that they have their hands full with this site, but if 8 people can look at my question, why can't at least one of them send me an answer, even if it's just to say go screw yourself. I know we're not supposed to bring up anything to do with the rep system, and in particular, not to complain about it, right or wrong, so I'm probably going to get reprimanded for this.

I know I'm not a great member that contributes wonderful threads or ideas, and I'm also older than most people here, so it's not like I actually fit in anyway, though I've tried to. So I've been really thinking if it's worth my time to even bother with it anymore. My goal when I came here was to try to find other people that have the same problems as I do, so we can share ideas and solutions, and maybe this was the wrong place to look for them. As some may know by now, unlike most here, I'm truly incontinent, both bladder and bowels. I thought, (perhaps incorrectly), that this site might be one that I could meet and talk to others that share this problem, and can discuss intelligently, solutions to some of the everyday problems we face. I have met some great people here, even some that share this horrible problem. For that, I'm grateful.

So in closing, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll probably be posting less, and maybe even visiting less, if I don't just bow out completely. Right now, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't, but I keep hoping things might change. My contributions here don't amount to much anyway, and maybe my goals can be better achieved on an actual incontinence site, instead of a diaper lovers site.

I don't want this to sound like just another disgruntled members ranting, but I'm sure it will be viewed that way anyhow. Sorry about that. I just wanted to bring this to light and get it off my chest.

Rep is hard.

It is a system that is pretty much busted and open to "gaming" on every Internet site. It over-reaches and -arches and tries to be something it is not.

This is common to most sites on the 'net that use some sort of rep or another.

Ricky, I would encourage you not to leave. As a member of the "dinosaur clan" (we should make up patches or badges) I think that you and the site each can benefit from the other.

I think that your contributions do amount to quite a bit - there have been several nights that I've been awake just turning over some of your comments in my mind. I am sure that others have been touched by the thoughtfulness and reflection in your posts - you are asking some of the Big Questions, and this is not something that is frivolous or worthless or meaningless.

If you do end up leaving, I would respectfully ask that we trade contact information; ADISC is about 98% of my social life at this point, and there are folks on here whom I really do care about and for. And you're one of them.

Now here's a point where ADISC... <<as ADISC, not what used to be TBDL.org>>... fails.
    See this was like the point of Moo's intentions for ADISC failing. It's supposed to be support community, but it fails at it (TBDL.org would possibly fail more though, but I guess it depends on what people idealised about TBDL.org) I suppose if it wasn't flooded with members, people could get proper attention for their intelligent support inquiries, but there's too many members who don't care or have no idea about such a topic

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    I've just been thinking, (I know, dangerous!!!), about the recent rash of departures, and honestly, I can understand it to some degree. I myself have considered it over the last few weeks, for several reasons, but especially since it seems that the rep system has degraded to the point it's virtually useless. I've had a couple of issues with it myself, and have remained quiet about it until a few days ago, when I mentioned something in private to the admins. I've yet to see a response, even though it's been viewed 8 times now. I realize that they have their hands full with this site, but if 8 people can look at my question, why can't at least one of them send me an answer, even if it's just to say go screw yourself. I know we're not supposed to bring up anything to do with the rep system, and in particular, not to complain about it, right or wrong, so I'm probably going to get reprimanded for this.

I know I'm not a great member that contributes wonderful threads or ideas, and I'm also older than most people here, so it's not like I actually fit in anyway, though I've tried to. So I've been really thinking if it's worth my time to even bother with it anymore. My goal when I came here was to try to find other people that have the same problems as I do, so we can share ideas and solutions, and maybe this was the wrong place to look for them. As some may know by now, unlike most here, I'm truly incontinent, both bladder and bowels. I thought, (perhaps incorrectly), that this site might be one that I could meet and talk to others that share this problem, and can discuss intelligently, solutions to some of the everyday problems we face. I have met some great people here, even some that share this horrible problem. For that, I'm grateful.

So in closing, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll probably be posting less, and maybe even visiting less, if I don't just bow out completely. Right now, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't, but I keep hoping things might change. My contributions here don't amount to much anyway, and maybe my goals can be better achieved on an actual incontinence site, instead of a diaper lovers site.

I don't want this to sound like just another disgruntled members ranting, but I'm sure it will be viewed that way anyhow. Sorry about that. I just wanted to bring this to light and get it off my chest.
    I nullified that negrep earlier today, btw.

Oh... please don't take that last post the wrong way people...
    I meant that here is an issue to turn yourself to for the good of ADISCs future and agenda, forget about what tbdl.org veteran want and that they're leaving

I would like to see you stay, Ricky. Adisc would be losing a great member if you leave. However, I'd prefer that you do what you feel is best for yourself, not the site.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    My contributions here don't amount to much anyway, and maybe my goals can be better achieved on an actual incontinence site, instead of a diaper lovers site.
    I can tell you that I've always liked your contributions to this site a lot. You always put a lot of thought and detail into your posts, you seem to care a lot. For example, a while ago I asked you a question about your loose titanium plates, since I was concerned about my plates. You responded with a very well thought out, and very helpful post. Your response helped me a lot, it put my mind at ease. I'm sure you put a lot more into your response than a lot of other people would have.

Dude, don't leave. You ARE appreciated here. This may not be the best forum for discussing your disabilities, because we are primarily a fetish site. there are support communities out there in internet land that are tailored to your needs, though, and there are many people there who have the same problems you do.

That doesn't mean you have to stop coming here though. A lot of people like you and I know I'd consider it a loss. However, if this is what you feel you need to do, then so be it. I hope you find the support you need.

Error404

To answer the thread.

No.

Don't.

secretdl26

I know that the site may have seemingly gone in a worse direction, but is has not been the sea change that many others cite when they leave. I don't think that leaving would be your best option, but just simply having those who care enough about the site read it and recognize the problems is a good start. We (active, thinking, respectful members) should voice our concerns and disappointments more often in order to fix the problems that we see. Because you have done this, and by the earlier responses clearly asking you to stay, I think that leaving now could be a big mistake. If I'm mistaken in what I have said, please correct me; because I want to help to make ADISC as best a place as it can possibly be and I don't think I can help to do that without having people like you on the site.