Nighttime wetting - frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArchtopK said:
Barringtons Nucleus, a region of the brain that controls night time continence. Everyone has it. It evolves slower than other parts of the body, but from the day it does awaken( about age 3-4) you will stay dry at night. I really don't think anything can influence this part of the brain. I marvel at those that do seem to regain unconscious night time wetting, but i would say that for most it is not possible.

This is true, however, the brain is complicated and constantly surprising us. BN is constantly receiving signals to open/close the urethral sphincter muscles.

LilDragon99 said:
I have been trying over and over again to start wetting my diapers at nighttime but the struggle is real. I have been wearing diapers to bed for a long time now, so long I have lost count. I make sure to drink lots of liquids before bed, I wet my diaper before falling asleep so my body knows its "okay," I have no concerns about leakage, I can wet in many positions, and I mentally want this so why won't it happen?! I just don't know what else to try... :sad:

You mention wearing diapers at night for a "very long time". Exactly how long is this? You have a join date with our group of only about 1 month. I would be surprised that if you wet yourself a little bit before you go to sleep and gradually increase this over periods of months it will be a bit easier for you. Eventually you may wake up at night and "let loose" and relax to fall back to sleep. I would be surprised that if you do this for at least 1 - 1 1/2 years you do not find your body relaxing to the point of letting go while you sleep because the brain knows "it is ok since you are wearing protection".

I think your frustration is playing a big role right now and if you can be patient at it (easy for me to say I know) then over time you may gain some results. Of course this is all my opinion but relaxing seems to be a common them to those that have obtained their nighttime accidents whether desired or not (i.e .deep sleepers).

It took me about 4 months before it was in my sleep and 9 months before it was regularly. I had to have a waterproof mattress cover and a big pad on my sheet to catch leaks and wear every single night. plus I was wearing pull-ups during the day to never have to train my body to return to the toilet. While I did use the toilet, my mundset was that I didn't have to. No desperate runs to it. If it wasn't close by I wet myself. Another thing was I regularly put on a thick diaper during the day and wet it all day long to get used to letting go in all places and positions. That might have been a couple days a week when I didn't have to go out or something like that.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I have always wet the bed at night ever since I was little

Here what I did I drank a lot of water or beer it doesn't matter. Until I needed to pee. I only empty part of my bladder, not the whole bladder (1/4 1/2) and tried to keep leaking for a while before I went to bed. I also sleep on my belly. So I think gravity help keep the bladder open. (keep the one eye Willey down in the diaper for men)

Now I wet diapers 90% of the time without trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back