Do your kids know you wear diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
If you are incontinent, the answer is pretty obvious. But what about if you don't have a medical condition, what do you tell them when they find out and ask you about it? Or do you just dodge the question?

My kids are 13 and 10 and they don’t know I like to wear. I plan to keep it that way. However, if they ever happen to stumble across my stash, I will play it off as medical need

My ex’s daughter found out one night that I was sleep walking. My biological daughter found out when my shirt rode up and the back of my diaper was showing. She said she knew for years. I still try to hide it as much as possible.

Calico said:
If you are incontinent, the answer is pretty obvious. But what about if you don't have a medical condition, what do you tell them when they find out and ask you about it? Or do you just dodge the question?

Ask yourself what constitutes a medical condition. ABDL (paraphillic infantilism) is well established as a medical disorder. And the recommended method for dealing with it IS diapers. Though while I don't agree with the current classification, it is a good start.

Just remember, a mental need is no less important than a physical one.

Slomo said:
ABDL (paraphillic infantilism) is well established as a medical disorder.

I’m not finding this in the DSM-5. Do you have a link for this?

The short answer is no, and as I am about to turn 64 I hope it stays that way until I am another 20 years or so older and if i am still around then I'll probably just sit around in my diaper anyway.

As far as I know, my kids (they're adults) don't know. They do know I have bladder issues and that I've had surgery on my bladder, but I don't think they know the end result. It makes me think that I should ask my wife - SHE would know if they know...LOL.

Yes my sons know.

One of my kids told my mom that he knew I wore diapers because he saw one in my bathtub. I played it off by telling her that when I had my vasectomy my Dr told me to get an adult diaper, pour water in it, freeze it, & wear that instead of putting frozen peas on my bits. My mom bought it but I haven’t discussed it with my kid. He was 5 or 6 & I guess I just hope that he forgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bokeh said:
One of my kids told my mom that he knew I wore diapers because he saw one in my bathtub. I played it off by telling her that when I had my vasectomy my Dr told me to get an adult diaper, pour water in it, freeze it, & wear that instead of putting frozen peas on my bits. My mom bought it but I haven’t discussed it with my kid. He was 5 or 6 & I guess I just hope that he forgets.

That is an epic excuse tbh.

klo555 said:
That is an epic excuse tbh.

Sometimes you gotta think on your toes lol.

I totally told my boys (17 and 14 at the time) because they were going to find out anyway. I dried my cloth on the line, and it's best to be above-board with family in this case, because boxes would come, trash would be taken out, I like to wear them and they talk to me about their issues. We're a pretty open family. What I've found is, kids (if you're not a total dick) love and respect you, and will understand if you explain it from a point of compulsion and mental health. Plus, what kid wants the world to know their parent wears diapers? So it getting out to the public at large isn't an issue (for me, or, with the right kids, or, maybe I'm lucky). Because my youngest knew about my "stuff," when I found one of his toys (the biggest dildo I've ever seen in person) it wasn't a big deal. We just had a discussion about safety (omg it was big) and I bought him a bunch of condoms and lube. What am I going to do, stop him from experimenting? If our kids had any clue how powerless we were, we'd be f*ed, to quote Tony Soprano. I don't know if he even uses it--to be honest, I don't think he does. But I know he enjoys a bit of the ol' prostate stimulation, so I try to keep him well-supplied. And, we have good insurance in case the unthinkable happens. :dunno:

My son had asked me why I wear them and I didnt know how to answer it. It's either lie or tell him the truth but I don't think it would be appropriate. Not for a 7 year old.

Slomo said:
Uh, have you tried google. This is the first hit that comes up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism
Yes, agreed. If one cannot find it in the DSM 5, he or she isn't doing a good job of looking.

Teaching children that you're willing to ignore them asking honest questions-- bad idea. They might very well find an unsavory character to ask.

Last edited:
I don’t have kids. I have a much younger sister, who I don’t think knows (or would even care).

None ever discovered my secrets. They in their 30's (almost) through mid forties, now, so I guess I know how to keep a secret, as does my wife, thankfully. I'd have probably laid it off on medical issues, but, if they persisted, I'd have been honest. I always respected their privacy 100%, so I'd have hoped they'd respect mine. I kept things locked up, so it never became an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

They're in their...

And that link clearly describes it as a fetish, whilst in your post you stated that it was "well established as a medical disorder", which it is not, and certainly not one that a medical professional would "treat" with diapers.

Slomo said:
Uh, have you tried google. This is the first hit that comes up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Yes, agreed. If one cannot find it in the DSM 5, he or she isn't doing a good job of looking.

Teaching children that you're willing to ignore them asking honest questions-- bad idea. They might very well find an unsavory character to ask.

No need to be a douche bags about it. I know well how google works. I'm actually look in the DSM-5 and not finding it.

Neither of us intended douchedom, I'm sure. I didn't. It can actually be classed as one of 2 things, a fetish, (Now, the outlook is, "Hey, they're no biggie,") or a fetish disorder, ("Oh, my God! Get a life! Your fetish is sucking it out of you, and you've no balance.") I forget what link I used, but, at one point, I was curious enough to look it up. They're both in there. Interestingly, not everything goes in the DSM. ABDL does. It's psych. Cancer, diabetes, and CP, for example, are in the ICD-10. ADHD is in both. The ICD-10 considers it hyperkinesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back