Anyone with favorite "security" blankets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I was just curious. I have one myself that's really soft and fluffy. His name is Keru, and he's got his own persona. XDDD But yeah, I was just wondering if anyone else here has any security blanket as well!

Well, do you?

Here's a pic of Keru:

XSATBUJ.jpg

I like the blue on your Keru, it looks like a nice blankie.

I've got two blankies I've had since I was very, very young. I have a grey one called raggedy and a yellow one called yellow. I have slept without them probably a dozen times in my life. I love my blankies, but sometimes I wish I had new ones. I'm just afraid it wouldn't be the same. Do blankies get jealous?

I have a fleece ABC blanket that I sleep with overnight along with a plush monkey and a paci. I haven't had my blanket nearly as long as Andustar, only a couple of months for me, but I'd really miss sleeping without it now. It's very soft and furry and I love the way it feels against my cheek at night.

Andustar said:
I like the blue on your Keru, it looks like a nice blankie.

I've got two blankies I've had since I was very, very young. I have a grey one called raggedy and a yellow one called yellow. I have slept without them probably a dozen times in my life. I love my blankies, but sometimes I wish I had new ones. I'm just afraid it wouldn't be the same. Do blankies get jealous?

Keru does. XD He gets pretty jealous if I give attention to something else. That's just him, though. I do tell him that when I get my blankets, they are his younger siblings. :3

I have a small My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic blankie that I just have to sleep with.
Princess Twilight Sparkle protects me from bad dreams, along with my bear, Howard Hug.

caitianx said:
I have a small My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic blankie that I just have to sleep with.
Princess Twilight Sparkle protects me from bad dreams, along with my bear, Howard Hug.

Yeah. I keep Keru on my bed. I can't sleep without him beside me. ><

my wife bought me a nice red blankie with a native print on it from a lady that occasionally sells blankets in the waiting area of my wife's tribe's medical clinic. I hadn't thought about naming the blanket before--that'd take some thought. I'll try to share a pic later.

I am someone who has to sleep under something--be it a thin sheet or a blanket. (My wife does not share this need. lol) Sometimes I'll just cuddle the blanket but it just has to be there.

I didn't really have a special blankie since I was a kid but this red one is special to me now.

Mines not a blanket, mines a security sippy cup, I’m always using my sippy cups, I never use adult cups anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's my comfy blankie:

Blanket.jpg

So soft and so cozy.

Absolutely, after I told my wife about my AB/LITTLE side (it only took 30 years!) she could not wait to get me all sorts of surprises. One of them was, "BLUE" my blanket. On one side it is all satin, on the other it is a very soft material with bumps and satin edges. Every night she puts it over me when we go to bed. I love it. It reminds me of the one I had when I really was, "little". That one got cut down smaller and smaller and smaller until one day it just disappeared :{

I have 3 security blankets, though one isn't actually a blanket. i have a fleece blanket that used to belong to my grandmum that my mum had made for her years ago. I have a quilt my uncle got for me when i was very young. and i have a microbead plushie i borrowed from my mum when i was a child and never returned. I always have my two blankets on my bed and though i may only actually sleep under one the other is still present. As for the plush, i can't sleep without him and take him with if i go anywhere far enough away i know i'll be staying somewhere else.

Last edited:
I've got three on my bed. My favorite one is my really soft and rather huge Sofia the First blanket, then I have a couple of small ones, Winnie the Pooh and Dora the Explorer.

I do have a few of these blankets actually, that i kept since childhood. But my main security object is my stuffed bunny (bun buns).

I also have a teddy bear named Joey, he is very special because I have had him sense I was 18 , I sleep with him every night and when I think I want to sleep with another stuffed animal I have, one look at Joey and I can’t sleep with another stuffed animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 of my future Service Dog's tasks is gonna be deep pressure therapy, so I won't need a weighted blanket. He'll be a weighted blankie, better than a plushy, because, y'know, a pulse, a friend, a guide when I need it, (Seeing doesn't mean I always know where I'm going. Kinda like Temple, when she lost her room.) and a mobility device.

I have one kind of woven blanket. I write stories and take naps under it and when I feel really bad I just lie under it with my best friend plushie. It’s perfect, not too hot but neither too cold and it’s just the right size.

I sleep with my favourite plushie, he’s kind of my security blanket. I take him with me when I go to trips that last overnight too. As a baby I didn’t have a blankie, I think. Only plushies.

I ordered a new little plushie dog today. He will be a bit like a blankie because he has huge floppy blanket like ears. I can’t wait getting to meet him! I will take him and my favourite plushie with me to the nursing home, if I end up going there.

I have several blankies that where made for me special by my mom

My security blanket is an old fluffy pink Barbie blanket from the 90s. Have had it since I was 5 and I swear it's gonna follow me to my grave.

Oh the joy of wrapping up in my blankie at night. I have only had him for a couple of years. It use to belong to my wife but I claimed it when we moved in together. He is patchwork on one side and fleece on the other, with satin edging.

I do! Mine is pink and I refer to it as a "him." He's 24 years old and has so many holes and is fragile. BUT has a lot of character.

I also have a corner that I sniff. I love the scent of my blankie and the smelling it and the softness calms me down. I have always done it. I actually had to sew the corner back on a year ago, but he is holding up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back