Anyone with favorite "security" blankets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have my original baby blank! It's a twin size blanket, baby blue colored. It used to be really smooth and fluffy with a velvet trim.

Now it's all matted and the trim is gone, and there's a small burn hole in it too (waaaa). I'll keep it forever though, even it it is only in the back of my closet.

I ordered a plushie dog with huge ears and got him a while ago. He is so soft, I love tickling my cheeks and lips with his ears and holding one ear when sleeping. Does he count as a blankie since his ears are a bit like little blankies, as big as his body? He is definitely my new favourite!

Last edited:
brought this in a local shop few days after I saw it (mum was tith me at the first time) but I felt it and it it was sos soft ot was like a cloud and the bold colours was visually pleasing so I brought it
30180103_442378002882970_209849688_n.jpg

I have a little mermaid blanket and a bear that i sleep with every night. I originally bought the blanket to be used as a throw and the bear was a gift, but when i struggled with a lot of depression, I found them to be sources of comfort and decided to sleep with them nightly.

I have my original security blanket, which is a fuzzy (well, not so much anymore) blanket with tigers on it. Originally it was given to my mom, but I was always going in, climbing onto the bed and curling up with it. So when she got new blankets for her bed and I was around 8, she gave it to me. :3 Other than that, I found a silk nightgown that was my moms that got a tear in it and kept it for a long time. We were just laughing about 'Silkie' last night. XD She'd try to get rid of it, and somehow I would find it again.

But, we were at Goodwill and there was a rather large baby blanket there. It has animals on some of the squares and they all have different little things they do or feel neat. So she got it and gave it to me because the back is silk-like. XD

Yup, it's name is "BLUE" it is about 2x3 and on one side it is all silk, the other side is just a really soft material with bumps. Of course, it has the required silky edge to it as well and its name is obviously..."BLUE".

I told my wife today, wouldn't it be wonderful if she could make me a big blanket out of thick Birdseye cotton diaper material and she could sew the silky edge on it? She said she would love to do it, it would teach her to sew. This could be pretty cool! Ill keep you posted, she loves to surprise me.

This might not qualify as a blanket, but I sleep with a stuffed barney that I had since i was like 5 yrs old I love sleeping with him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I still have the blanket I slept with as a child. I'm also a thumbsucker, so I've keep up with it because of that habit.

I have my ripple afghan I made. It's 2 shades of green one gray and one white, alternating 😊

I love the feel of it even in summer

I just love this big babyish blanket which my tigerbwo got already before we started to live together :) IMG_7722 (1280x961).jpg
I might take a look if I see something cute and get one more!

My security blankie is important to help me to maintain cognitive/emotional self-regulation.
Besides my plushies, my security blankie helps me to feel little, safe, and loved.
Having blankie friend is not bad.
We littles need blankie friend.
I need blankie friend, and I do not feel ashamed that I still need it at my age of 60.

Not sure, I just like my blankets. But I've got a blue mermaid tail blanket and a snuggie with hearts on it. One blanket that could be a security one, even though I don't mess with it, would be Blue Blankey. I've had him since I was a baby/little girl. He's folded up at the top of my bunk bed (I sleep at the bottom).

MailCat581 said:
More times than not when I'm not at work; I'll have my small Paw Patrol blanket with me. Joshie's mom gave me a surprise yesterday. When Joshie was in the hospital recently; he almost didn't make it. I kept his favorite brown teddy bear by my side with my Paw Patrol blankie almost consistently except for when I had to go to work. Well, yesterday Joshie's mom surprised me with a brown teddy bear just like Joshie's! It was a pleasant surprise and made my day.

D´awww! That´s sweet! :) We have lots of plushies! Especially those big ones takes more space in our crib than us! :D *giggles*

my baby blanket is red and all in satin..i love the feeling of satin and that's why my blanket is like that. I always hold when i suck my paci/thumb and when i sleep. it's a very good comfort to me

Temporarilly, my My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic security blanket is packed away and on the moving truck.
I miss it, but at least I have my "Princess Twilight Sparkle" beanie baby plushie to comfort me until after my younger brother and I move up to Derry, NH, hopefully tomorrow, or the next day on Thursday.

caitianx said:
...until after my younger brother and I move up to Derry, NH, hopefully tomorrow, or the next day on Thursday.

I hope you don't encounter any problems with your move.

BabyDenise said:
I hope you don't encounter any problems with your move.

We already have a problem with the move.
The other party has not yet financially "paid up", so that we can pay up the price of the house trailer we bought [No Mortgage].
Been delayed 3 times over the last week.
Friday June 15th is the deadline and moving day for us, otherwise my brother's Realtor he negotiated the sale of the family home through is going to sue the living shit out of the other party for breach of contract.
Temporarily, my brother and I are stuck homeless in a Motel across town from our house which is still owned by my brother until the other party keeps his end of the signed sales/buyer agreement.
Except of my Princess Twilight Sparkle beanie baby plushie, everything is with the mover, as far as my brother's and my belongings.

I don't have a security blankie at the moment, but I have my brown bunny stuffie named Mr. Yum Yums and he's like a security blanket to me. When I need someone to comfort me or to make the bad thoughts or dreams go away he's the one I turn to. I've had him ever since I was 4 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back