NorthShore Friggin' Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know most of us are all about diapers, but I'm married to a woman who wants nothing to do with them and I have no desire to wear to work, so I often use pads to give me the comfort I'm looking for.

I've tried 'em all--from Depend to Tena to Seni to Abena and absolutely everything in between. Heck, I even recently paid a crazy amount of money to buy five bags of Hartmann Molimed Protect for Men pads just so I could try them.

But I digress.

Just when I think I've tried everything there is to try, along comes NorthShore with the DoubleStop XL Male Guards. They look like a cross between the triangular shape of the Tena guards and the size (and presumably the absorbency) of the Abena Abri-Man Formula 2.

FireShot Screen Capture #002 - 'NorthShore DoubleStop XL Male Guards I Male Guards I NorthShore .png

So, like I said, it may not be a big deal to you, but it definitely is to me.

-RMS

EDIT: Sorry for the badly cropped images. Not sure what happened there.

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #001 - 'NorthShore DoubleStop XL Male Guards I Male Guards I NorthShore .png
    FireShot Screen Capture #001 - 'NorthShore DoubleStop XL Male Guards I Male Guards I NorthShore .png
    33.4 KB · Views: 114
RMS401 said:
I know most of us are all about diapers, but I'm married to a woman who wants nothing to do with them and I have no desire to wear to work, so I often use pads to give me the comfort I'm looking for.

I've tried 'em all--from Depend to Tena to Seni to Abena and absolutely everything in between. Heck, I even recently paid a crazy amount of money to buy five bags of Hartmann Molimed Protect for Men pads just so I could try them.

But I digress.

Just when I think I've tried everything there is to try, along comes NorthShore with the DoubleStop XL Male Guards. They look like a cross between the triangular shape of the Tena guards and the size (and presumably the absorbency) of the Abena Abri-Man Formula 2.

View attachment 30506

So, like I said, it may not be a big deal to you, but it definitely is to me.

-RMS

EDIT: Sorry for the badly cropped images. Not sure what happened there.

Good catch noticing the new DoubleStop XL already! They just arrived this week and we haven't even officially announced them yet :cool:

We hope this will be a very helpful products for men with more than a light drip. They are very wide, have nice tall leakguards and the material is even softer to the skin than the original DoubleStop. Would love to hear your feedback.

We also just got in another new product called NorthShore DynaDry Supreme Pads (See http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/liners1/northshore-dynadry-supreme-pads.html)
DynaDry Supreme are figure 8 shaped liners for regular underwear that have adhesive to hold in place and have leak guards. The two sizes in stock now are 17 inches and 19 inches long and these are not so huge like most Abena or Tena shaped pads. Because of the added leak guards these should be helpful as well for anyone needing high absorbency but not wanting a full pull-on or brief style diaper. The wide coverage in front is also good for men and longer length of pad will be good for those with bowel issues as well. There will be 2 more even larger sizes of DynaDry Supreme coming in the summer as well.

2-pack samples of all the new items are available upon request.

Thanks, Adam. NS makes my favorite diapers and it's my favorite company to do business with, so I check it out every so often. I'm eager to try the DoubleStop XL, but the other pads don't seem like they'd come far enough up in the front to be useful for a man. Well, a man of my "stature," anyway. But that said, I just might give them both a shot. You never know.

-RMS

Aw! I just ordered a case of regular double stop. I'll order some XLs next month. Bigger and cheaper? I'm all in!

Scaramouche said:
Aw! I just ordered a case of regular double stop. I'll order some XLs next month. Bigger and cheaper? I'm all in!

the DoubleStop XL are only cheaper because the qty of pads in the bags is much less. However, for the widest, softest protection of all male guards we carry, they're still a very good deal at 50 cents a pad. The Tena Male Guards are 56 cents and don't have leak guards, arne't soft anymore and are not nearly as fast drying as the DoubleStop XL.

If you're into plastic backing, I prefer the Attends undergarments which are very underrated as almost nobody mentions them. These have a nice smooth plastic, but are held in place with belts so you don't have the bulk of a diaper but they feel almost like a diaper with the crinkle and all (although there is almost zero walking-noise once adjusted to your body heat and you've pulled up your pants/shorts). They can hold a decent amount more than a pad, a small flood if you are standing I might add. I wear them underneath regular underwear to hold them in place since the belts that come with them don't hold as tight as I prefer for my 29/30" waist. Attends got better within the past 5 years and improved their elastic legs too; they really "hug" which is a bonus for DLs. On Amazon, a case of 120 at the moment is a little over $30 or 26 cents per undergarment so they are pretty cheap at the moment, though usually in the $40-45 range. One other note, Attends are the holdout for one of the last plastic-backed undergarments commercially available as of 2018. The rest have gone cloth unfortunately...

https://www.amazon.com/Special-packs-Attends-Belted-Undergarment/dp/B005OS71QY

When I was thinner, I definitely enjoyed the belted undergarments. They offered decent protection while still letting me use a urinal and provided better coverage than protective underwear. But unfortunately, now, they would be comically small on me. I'm not enormously fat or anything but those things are made for people with a 32" waist max. They would need to be much longer (and, preferably, wider) to fit me the way they should.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back