Whats your best toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignetSwan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
After many months away from the internet side of things, Hullo all!

So I'm currently trying to get hold of a wooden toy train set, and it made me curious. What sort of toys do you all like to play with?

and I suppose how often do you get to treat yourself to new ones?

My best one at the moment is my giraffe rattle snugly thing, like a tiny blankie with a giraffe head that has a rattle inside of it;

I'm not really much into playing with toys. Maybe it's because of my autism... and not really knowing how to or understand the concept of it. Then again, I could just say that my Skye plushie is my favorite. She wears cute pajamas and plays lullabies. She also talks too, and she's sooo cute! I usually treat myself to a lot of stuffies because my parents are okay with me getting them. My mom used to be really bitchy about me carrying them, but she's figured it out as mostly being an autism thing... so I'm not really going to argue. XD

I either play with Legos or cuddle with my teddy bear (Barry). I usually get new sets like once a month. I'll need to get a bigger box for them soon. Here's some of the things I've recently built:
20180306_122631.jpg
20180306_113854.jpg
20180305_163458.jpg
20180306_115955.jpg

I always loved my little green soldiers when I was a kid and my wife bought me some several Christmases ago. I probably need to get them and play with them. I feel that I need to be in my childhood home to get the same incredible feeling.

Trains! And a stuffed MOOSE!

As I've stated before in other threads, my hubby and I collect the toys from our childhood so I have tons of toys. Every once in a while I will get a new toy, I love anything by Melissa and Doug. Their water wow books are awesome car toys.
If your talking favorites though my number one always will be Brownie a pound puppy that I have has since I was 5 or so. I also love Play-doh and my lite brite. Pretty much anything that will let me create something.

Oh Dogboy, I remember how much I loved those little green army men too. My favorite toy to play with as a kid.

They all sound like lots of fun to play with, when I was younger my mum got me a tub of the green army men, then was forever finding them around the house like in the toystory film, (though more got wounded sadly)

Might look to get some more when moves house again x3

(and, finally got a wooden train set looking forward to setting it up and playing with it! )

Are plushies toys? I think it might depend on the relationship. I have some I'm not that close with but ol' Winston doesn't feel like a toy. Not a person, either; just different. With all that, I'd probably say Lego and leave him out of it.

Last edited:
I love playing with Thomas the Tank Engine! That was also one of my favorites when I was a real kid. My brother and I used to play with Thomas trains for hours on end.

I also love playing with my stuffies. Sometimes I pretend my bed is a spaceship and go on awesome adventures with my crew of stuffed animals.

(100th post, yay!)

@trevor Like a best friend you can share everything with but know won't betray you to anyone?

@BabyMozart Space adventures sounds like a brilliant game! I used to have a Thomas Tank Engine train set when littler too; though think it got donated to charity when my parents did their last clear out of their loft, (though they still have my Sylvanian families stuff, gotta get that from them hehe)

SignetSwan said:
@trevor Like a best friend you can share everything with but know won't betray you to anyone? [snipped]

A bit, maybe. I guess he's technically like an extension of myself in a cuddly form but just certain parts, so he feels distinct. Maybe "best friend" is a nicer way to phrase it in that it doesn't sound like an ad for multiple personality disorder ;)

Relevant: ch860528.jpg

If we're talking what I like to play with most, definitely jigsaw puzzles. Otherwise, I have this giant teddy bear that's about as tall as my torso, so it's perfect for when I want to feel like a little kid toting a big stuffie around (and also he's super cuddly and I love him lots and lots)

BabyMozart said:
I love playing with Thomas the Tank Engine! That was also one of my favorites when I was a real kid. My brother and I used to play with Thomas trains for hours on end.

I also love playing with my stuffies. Sometimes I pretend my bed is a spaceship and go on awesome adventures with my crew of stuffed animals.

(100th post, yay!)

You, BabyMozart have a fantastic imagination. I can't imagine my Moose wanting to go on a spaceship adventure. I'll have to ask him!

I used to drive my mom crazy with my little green army men. We lived in the middle of nowhere, on a creek that ran into Barnegat Bay, New Jersey. The cape cod house had a front porch with a stone floor. In the summer I'd spread all my soldiers and tanks, etc. out in the porch, hiding them behind furniture. The rest of the year I'd have them all spread out on my bedroom floor. There was a partially finished attic, two rooms. I'd have them all spread out and my mom couldn't vacuum my bedroom until I put them back into their box, something I protested. Oh to be able to go back in time and relive that. I wrote about that house in my short story "Werewolf" which is on this site, and in my novel which is published to Kindle. Good times.

dogboy said:
In the summer I'd spread all my soldiers and tanks, etc. out in the porch, hiding them behind furniture. The rest of the year I'd have them all spread out on my bedroom floor. There was a partially finished attic, two rooms. I'd have them all spread out and my mom couldn't vacuum my bedroom until I put them back into their box, something I protested. Oh to be able to go back in time and relive that.

Well, you could still build your army in your bedroom. Indulge yourself! :tongueout:

dogboy said:
I used to drive my mom crazy with my little green army men. We lived in the middle of nowhere, on a creek that ran into Barnegat Bay, New Jersey. The cape cod house had a front porch with a stone floor. In the summer I'd spread all my soldiers and tanks, etc. out in the porch, hiding them behind furniture. The rest of the year I'd have them all spread out on my bedroom floor. There was a partially finished attic, two rooms. I'd have them all spread out and my mom couldn't vacuum my bedroom until I put them back into their box, something I protested. Oh to be able to go back in time and relive that. I wrote about that house in my short story "Werewolf" which is on this site, and in my novel which is published to Kindle. Good times.

I remember the army men dogboy. You could set em up for large battles, one side against the other, then use marbles to take em out. Or as my Dad would often do, take a magazine and toss it in, the equivalent of a nuke. This never made me happy! I would tote them across the street to the beach that was always fun too, building great sand forts.

Last edited:
You guys are making me wanna go buy a bucket of soldiers if I could find one.

But the carnage when firecrackers got introduced to the army man wars...

PaddedDeist said:
But the carnage when firecrackers got introduced to the army man wars...

Haha....I did that too, to models I'd build. My friends did the same. We actually got to sink the Yamato. We floated it in a pond with a number of firecrackers on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back