Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I have a question for all of the people who wear disposable diapers. Do you like the poly back brief or the new cotton backed brief/diaper and if so why. Personally I like the poly backed diaper because it does not droop or sag as much and can be worn without having something over them.

I love the feel and dryness of a polybacked diaper or brief no leaks

I like plastic backed diapers way better. I've never had a good time with cloth back diapers.

I prefer plastic backed diapers better since they are more well built than the cloth backed diapers. I don’t like diapers with breathable sides, since those diapers are cheaply made.

If this was a few years ago I would have definitively said poly back all the way, that cloth backs were garbage. But with products like the ABU Preschools and the Seni line having made their way to my usage I've realized that it is not that cloth backs are garbage, but that medical cloth backs are garbage. They do it purely for cheapness, and not functionality. But the ABU Preschool backing is just really nice, and I'd pay for the Space/Simple pad in an ABU Preschool shell.

Right now for higher capacity I have to use poly by default, but I wouldn't be opposed to the Preschool backing with higher absorbency. I see the reasoning for its use in baby diapers, and backings more similar to that I think are the future.

I am wearing plastic-backed DEPEND dydees.
They went back to plastic-backed after changing them to cloth-backed for a while.
I know, DEPEND is still a bit crappy, but better than the Walgreen's House Brand dydees for incontinence.

I prefer poly-backed, but I have grown to be more tolerant to cloth-backed.

I haven't had any problem with either type in Northshore, ABU or Bambino. My current preference is Northshore AirSupreme which works admirably for me as does Northshore Supreme and Crinklz, Rearz Safari and Princess, and ABU Space and Little Paws. I tend to rotate almost daily, because i have a good stock of each. But my favorite is Northshore Air Supreme.

Plastic backed, to me are much better. They don't sag like the cloth diapers do. I also feel dryer with a plastic backed diaper, than I do when wearing a cloth backed diaper.

I remember a discussion about this a few years back and some people looked at it as a variable of your age. Individuals who remember mainly poly or plastic backed tended to gravitate more to those and vice versa.

I use both types for different occasions really. Personally, I prefer polybacked products for a lot of the reasons listed already. If I'm wearing out I usually stick to clothbacked simply for the discreetness, but given how they stretch they suck for overnight imo.

My biggest problem with all of the cloth-backed ones is not only do they sag but they also seep moisture from the inside of the diaper around the leg cuffs and onto the backing, making it clammy and uncomfortable against your thighs. I haven't had any problems with leaks with the premium cloth-backed ones (Northshore, Seni, etc) but the seeping I can't stand, and being generally an active person about my day makes the sagging also inconvenient. I don't have any of these problems with poly-backed diapers.

Plastic, hands down.

The cloth like could be ok, but the actual waterproof plastic layer underneath doesn't extend all the way to the sides. This makes them absolutely horrible for leaks at the legs and sides. Their performance is absolutely no different than the old belted pads, which is limited at best.

Plus, I don't like how the shell stretches so much when worn. While easily fixed by readjusting, this still causes sagging and chafing. Not good.

Mapboy said:
I have a question for all of the people who wear disposable diapers. Do you like the poly back brief or the new cotton backed brief/diaper and if so why. Personally I like the poly backed diaper because it does not droop or sag as much and can be worn without having something over them.
Definitely poly backed.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

Padded53 said:
I actually prefer plastic backed diapers but here in Central Florida in the hot and humid summer they are just too hot and trap moisture between my skin and the plastic sides. This causes my skin to develop rashes so in the summer I always used cloth backed diapers. Yes they do sag a bit and require retaping sometimes but that's really not that big of a deal compared to clearing up a bad rash.

I used to get that problem too. And also being in florida doesn't help in that regard. Luckily the human body is able to adapt. After a few summers of 24/7 use, it won't be as bad. After 10 or so years I pretty much stopped sweating down there too (unless I exert myself).

I enjoy plastic backed far more. Plastic just feels more comfortable to me, plus I love the noise.

I often wear plastic (vinyl) overpants, so I vote in favor of plastic-backed. Old-school, I guess.

Smooth plastic all the way. Clothlike covers are only diapers in function to me, which is one of the least important aspects as far as I'm concerned. While the trend of like and dislike mostly tracks with age, I notice there are a small number of ABDLs who grew up in a world with clothlike covers but still like or even prefer smooth plastic. I expect this either relates to function or sensual enjoyment.

Ravensteel said:
I enjoy plastic backed far more. Plastic just feels more comfortable to me, plus I love the noise.

Ditto.

I am looking forward to the time though an ABDL Cloth like diapee approximating a modern baby diaper is made.

I despise cloth backed. They ruined a lot of the industry for the plastic:poly backed diaper wearers.
Cloth backed are terrible are keeping smells contained. They are bad at keeping anything contained to be honest. The tapes pull and fibers give them the diaper sags and doesn’t fit right. Poly is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back