"Sh*t or get off the pot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So everyone's heard the saying in the title of this post, meaning to get on with what you need to do, and stop waiting for whatever it is you might be waiting for. Since I've had to start wearing diapers 24/7, which requires changing in public restroom stalls occasionally, I've come to realize just how much this is a thing!

When I was strictly a DL, I would NEVER even consider changing my diaper in a public restroom stall, I'd be far too embarrassed. Now that it's either change or get a diaper leak, I've gotten more used to it, but still was very embarrassed at the beginning. I'd go into the bathroom and if there were others there, I figured I'd just sit and wait until they were finished and left (just a couple minutes) before I started making noise ripping tapes and crinkling plastic.

The first time I tried this, I waited 25 minutes for the guy next to me, and he didn't even do anything the whole time! Another time I waited 15mins before I just swallowed my pride and changed my diaper. Now, I can see someone trying to squeeze in an extended break at work under the excuse "I was in the bathroom!", but I've seen this happen at malls, the gym, even after 5pm at the office when everyone was heading home. Times and places where sitting in a smelly tiled room for an extended period of time isn't exactly my idea of a great time, haha. Needless to say, it cured me of my embarrassment issues with changing, as I have better things to do than that!

That said, any time I've needed to use the toilet I've always gone in, done my business, and got out. Less than 5 minutes even on the worst day... in passive conversation with friends, it seems they're pretty much the same way, too. What's everyone else's experience with this?

Very relatable, I'm still very embarrassed when the restroom was very quiet and then I had to untape my diaper which cause a lot of noises

The other prob is that when you change in public. You have to bring wipes and powder, also you don't get to lay down and relaxingly enjoy the changing.

My solving. Well I usually flush the toilet so it makes noises and then quickly untape everything. But the discomfort for having to bring supplies and standing up changing is unsolvable, you just have to deal with it..

Hope y'all have a good day!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I’ve run into this in public restrooms as well.

Re: people in neighboring stalls taking a long time. I wonder if they are also needing to do something they’re embarrassed about? Like- are we in a waiting game together?
Maybe they have explosive ibs or need to fart or also need to change a diaper? Maybe they’re wanting to get in a wank in the romantic environment of a men’s public bathroom!? Lol

Re: getting over the embarrassment of noises. I’m not over it. I’ve walked out of bathrooms more than once when I needed or wanted to change. Because I was too embarrassed to make the noises of ripping tapes. Maybe if I were incontinent or wearing all the time I’d get over it. But not yet. If only public bathrooms would play music and background white noise like other public spaces. I mean seriously, I need music while I shop, but nothing to mask my stall mates plopping and hissing noises!? That seems like an obvious fix. Add white noise to bathrooms by default. Fans would solve it.

Some of the things I do to compensate include: taking plastic grocery bags with me to facilitate discrete disposal, hanging jackets or bags or clothing in the gaps of stalls, the aforementioned flushing, etc.

I am 24/7 and I'm still a little nervous about changing in a public restroom with people in there. Often times I'll just bite the bullet since when I need a change in public, it really needs to be done.

I usually skip the powder but I thing that's because I need to just get a small bottle of powder--are there refillable powder bottles for travel?

I used to have a coworker who was lile that. He would easily spend 30 minutes on the toilet. Every day. And we only have the one toilet for my office.

One day when I needed a change, I just missed getting in there before him. 30 minutes later I was knocking on the door. His excuse was it takes that long for things to move out of him. Uuugh, as if.

PaddedDeist said:
I usually skip the powder but I thing that's because I need to just get a small bottle of powder--are there refillable powder bottles for travel?

I pack some of the little travel containers with me, I just use the off-the-shelf ones and refill them manually. I don't use them very often though, the white powder is a problem getting on my clothes, it transfers off my hands onto my pants and shirt really easy. One for zeesorb and one for talc. I also have small medicine bottle I filled with lotion if I need it.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
One day when I needed a change, I just missed getting in there before him. 30 minutes later I was knocking on the door. His excuse was it takes that long for things to move out of him. Uuugh, as if.

I've had that issue once before, but I wasn't afraid to speak up, "hey Bob mind if I cut in front of you quick before you get in there and set up shop?" You won't get any resistance unless they're urgently needing in there because they don't want to draw attention to the fact that they're camping in the bathroom and don't want you to raise any complaints.

For changes at work, I can see where this could be troublesome and embarrassing. If you're out in the wider world, I think it just makes sense to stick to business and get in and out as soon as is practical. Whether you're actually incontinent or not, when a diaper needs changing, it needs changing. Regardless of who is in the stall next door or moving in and out, you're taking care of a legitimate need at that time and using the place for its purpose. There's no need to advertise but you don't need to skulk, either.

cm90210 said:
If only public bathrooms would play music and background white noise like other public spaces. I mean seriously, I need music while I shop, but nothing to mask my stall mates plopping and hissing noises!? That seems like an obvious fix. Add white noise to bathrooms by default. Fans would solve it.
I could go for this. I dislike other people hearing me pee in a public restroom. I try to wait until they flush.

I do recall a Quaker Steak and Lube restaurant that had a TV mounted on the wall in the restroom though.

Cracker Barrels all play music in their bathrooms.

AAO said:
Cracker Barrels all play music in their bathrooms.

I forgot about Cracker Barrel. One of my favorite restaurants.

I've been to plenty of bars that pipe the audio from the main room into the bathroom, I guess in case they have a game on and people don't want to miss it. I've also used the "cover flushing" method too, because at some bathroom where you'll never see the guy in the stall next to you again, I don't care if he thinks "Is that guy changing a diaper?" - but in the office, that's another story. It then becomes "Who in this office is wearing a diaper?", and some people (although less likely men, admittedly) do live for gossip.

I also don't tend to use creams (unless I have a rash, which is rare) or powders, so that helps. With practice, I can do a change now in under a minute! As much as I say I'm not embarrassed, I guess closer to the actual truth is that I'll accept that I have to change in a stall next to however many guys just sitting around, although I'd always prefer privacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
I used to have a coworker who was lile that. He would easily spend 30 minutes on the toilet. Every day. And we only have the one toilet for my office.

Maybe this guy should learn to wait until he *actually* needs to go :laugh:

I was changing in a mall bathroom and I'm pretty sure a guy was watching some soap opera on his phone in the next stall.

I’ve been diapered 24/7/365 for about 30 years now. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to change in a public washroom, but I imagine the occasions number in the hundreds. I used to be nervous about doing it, but I’ve gotten past that. If you do it often enough, you’ll probably get used to it too.

Padded53 said:
I think I would have thought that the guy next to me sure has a lot of velcro on his clothes.
Not as much with plastic-backed diapers, they have a pretty unique sound. Although I could definitely see someone just hearing noise and not being able to place it, maybe just think they're fiddling with a plastic bag or whatever?

Last edited:
cm90210 said:
If only public bathrooms would play music and background white noise like other public spaces. I mean seriously, I need music while I shop, but nothing to mask my stall mates plopping and hissing noises!? That seems like an obvious fix. Add white noise to bathrooms by default. Fans would solve it.

I second this! Myself being a transgender male, I already feel awkward in the restroom since I haven't yet had surgery to allow me to use a urinal (I think another reason enjoy wearing diapers) let a lone changine a diaper in a public restroom. If they had music or some white noise as you mentioned, I bet I would wear diapers a lot more knowing I could easily change while out and about! Or rather I might go out and about more often ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back