Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I being abused?

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    At the low income levels almost nobody is on a salary. I bet it's safe to say the OP is hourly.
    This is correct I'm hourly

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    The thing with my boss is they're up and down rapidly. One day they're happy, helpful and considerate. The next they are harsh, rude, hurtful, and abusive. I try to help so they don't get stressed, but it seems to happen anyways. I end up the verbal punching bag. I ignore most of it, but my self confidence is dead as a corpse. I'm planning on leave as quickly as possible, but the money need is insane. I need about 10 grand or more. My car is about a payment away from being complete, so I will be able to collect at a high volume than what I'm doing now. It's just that the job market is so horrible here, that I can't find work outside the food industry. Most other jobs are meant for people of a bigger build than myself. I mean I only weight 110 some days.
    In my opinion I think you should just quit your job because I think this is way too stressful for you and how you've been treated like shit in which I felt bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeDude892 View Post
    In my opinion I think you should just quit your job because I think this is way too stressful for you and how you've been treated like shit in which I felt bad for you.
    Wish I could but I need the money, and my dad just double my rent.

Wish I could but I need the money, and my dad just double my rent.
    Start looking for a new job, but don't just quit your current one outright. And the double rent from you dad is a clear sign he want's you to move out. Start looking into finding a place with a room mate. It could be cheaper for you overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Start looking for a new job, but don't just quit your current one outright. And the double rent from you dad is a clear sign he want's you to move out. Start looking into finding a place with a room mate. It could be cheaper for you overall.
    Been doing that for four years mow. Still no luck. I've just about given up.

Been doing that for four years mow. Still no luck. I've just about given up.
    It sounds like you need to lower your standards while also expanding the search area.

So much disinformation here. First, if we're talking about the US, the National Labor Relations Board has no bearing on this unless you're in a union or illegally prevented from joining one. Wage/hour complaints are handled by the Department of Labor--Wage and Hour Division or your state's equivalent organization.

Unless you're in certain states with a state law (California is indeed one), there is no law that bars employers double shifting you or making you work seven days a week. The federal law just says that (unless you are exempt, which a restaurant worker is not going to be) you must be paid for all hours worked and overtime for any over 40 in any one week.

Just because it isn't against the law doesn't mean and employer can take advantage of, and even abuse, an employee. In fact, nobody here has even mentioned the legality of the OP being abused by his work. So exactly what "disinformation" are you referring to anyways.