Not open for further replies.

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
PeekABU available to reserve on March 5th, 2018

What exactly does reserve mean ?
do get them or they even in stock or you just pay in advance and wait for the actual diapers whenever they decided to land?

Just wondering if i place order for that does it mean ill get it shortly or no?

Your just paying in advance. The fact that we don't even have a ship date yet makes we think we likely won't have the diapers until April or May or later.

You wait for them to get in which they are supposed to be on their way here on the boat already

guest said:

do get them or they even in stock or you just pay in advance and wait for the actual diapers whenever they decided to land?

Howdy! It means that we have the stock on boats pending to be taken into our warehouse, and you can reserve the stock before it comes in. Similar to a pre-sale except we are not ordering based on quantity sold, we've already finished the manufacturing and you're just reserving yours. Stock will ship between March 20th and April 6th in the USA and Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Sonic007 said:
Your just paying in advance. The fact that we don't even have a ship date yet makes we think we likely won't have the diapers until April or May or later.

Shipping dates will be between March 20th and April 6th.

Casey, what time will the reservations be available?

PaddedInPuyallup said:
Casey, what time will the reservations be available?

I just checked, it's 12:40 am PST and they still are not available for reservation. I will be up quite a while still though so I will keep checking!

guest said:

Of course you could have had immediate clarification on this by just emailing ABU directly.....

Keep in mind that they have the policy that states that they only sell what they have in stock. They probably need time to get everything manufactured in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

klo555 said:
Shipping dates will be between March 20th and April 6th.

Looks like I'll have to skip out on these first shipments. Since I live with others that don't know of my interests, I usually have to order on a specific day to ensure they arrive at a discreet time. Having a 2 week gap where they could be shipped any random day in between is too risky for me to try.

JustinDB87 said:
Looks like I'll have to skip out on these first shipments. Since I live with others that don't know of my interests, I usually have to order on a specific day to ensure they arrive at a discreet time. Having a 2 week gap where they could be shipped any random day in between is too risky for me to try.

If you want, we can hold it until a specific day. Best to say "Please ship on April 6th".

klo555 said:
If you want, we can hold it until a specific day. Best to say "Please ship on April 6th".
If that's something that can be guaranteed, then I'd definitely be tempted because I've been looking forward to these. I just have some family taking vacation time during one of those weeks, so things weren't looking good...but if I can specify "please wait to ship until March 29th", then I might just have to go for it. Thanks!

JustinDB87 said:
If that's something that can be guaranteed, then I'd definitely be tempted because I've been looking forward to these. I just have some family taking vacation time during one of those weeks, so things weren't looking good...but if I can specify "please wait to ship until March 29th", then I might just have to go for it. Thanks!

Yes, You can do this, and I can help confirm it with you. :)

Just put it in the order notes, and then shoot me the order number so I can double check everything.

I ordered a full case earlier today; I'm stoked!

correct me if I'm making a bad assumption here... but I keep getting emails telling me that peek-abu are "available" and "click here to order" and when I do click I find they are still weeks away from being in stock.

When I hear "available" I think "available". Not "available for pre-order". If they're "available for pre-order", please just say it. Otherwise it's just click-bait.

bambinod said:
correct me if I'm making a bad assumption here... but I keep getting emails telling me that peek-abu are "available" and "click here to order" and when I do click I find they are still weeks away from being in stock.

When I hear "available" I think "available". Not "available for pre-order". If they're "available for pre-order", please just say it. Otherwise it's just click-bait.
I think it’s pre order but I knew that from their emails. I think they say it’s available for pre oder on their site but not where it needs to be.

Is it like limited supply on the new diapers , or if you dont pree order you might not be able to buy them or they will run out? or is there plenty stock to come around when they actually ship and in stock ,
sorry i am new to all this stuff lol just curious

guest said:
Is it like limited supply on the new diapers , or if you dont pree order you might not be able to buy them or they will run out? or is there plenty stock to come around when they actually ship and in stock ,
sorry i am new to all this stuff lol just curious

Correct - We have a limited amount of stock coming in, and we've actually almost sold through all of it. We're getting very close to stopping our sale.

klo555 said:
Correct - We have a limited amount of stock coming in, and we've actually almost sold through all of it. We're getting very close to stopping our sale.
I’m glad I got in on it and You’re customer service is excellent! I got xl when I needed just L and Caleb was able to switch it no problem and in the same day!

So when will you have them in on not a limited basis? I really don't want to preorder.

12srepaid said:
So when will you have them in on not a limited basis? I really don't want to preorder.

ABU Core Values # 3: "You can only buy what we have in stock"

This "core value" doesn't seem to apply to their PeekABU. I know how you feel, I don't like the idea of tying up my money in something that's not even in country yet. It's not that I think they're going to "pull an ABU(rev1)" and take more pre-orders than they can fulfill, it's more of a matter of principle to me.

I also know there's more than a few here that have trouble saving, I see the comment "I had money last month but now this month they're available and I don't have the money anymore" from time to time. This pre-order trick gets around that problem by saving their money for them. You can't spend it on something else while you wait if you don't have it.

I was hoping their shipment would get here before they were all spoken for, and could run over to their website and place an order that day before everyone rushed in and bought them out. I wouldn't feel so bad if I was just late to the store and the shelves had been cleared, but at least I wouldn't have to do something I don't want to do to get it. But with this pre-order business, they're pretty much guaranteed to be "sold out" long before they hit the dock.

So... pre-order, or go without. I suppose this could be looked at as a trade-off, one that hurts the people that don't like pre-ordering, but that helps the people that have trouble with saving. (and naturally one that helps ABU with their cash flow) I'm in the "doesn't like pre-orders" camp, so I have a bit of a biased opinion in the matter, but that being said, it makes puppy sad. All I can do is hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back