new abu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are no more in the medium size to pre-order. I guess these are destined to become a collector's item.

Honeywell6180 said:
Well, there are no more in the medium size to pre-order. I guess these are destined to become a collector's item.

Considering the demand, unless the product bombs I think ABU would have to be out of their minds not to order another run. There's a rather similar thread going right now concerning NorthShore also having shipping delays on the betterdry and crinklz. They sold out of their stock unexpectedly fast but had another run already in the water at the time. It didn't get here soon enough, and they were out of stock for a week or so iirc. But even with them in stock now, they're running out fast and are anticipating the next run won't get here before they run out again. (diapers are popular it would seem!!)

It just takes 6-8 weeks (minimum) to manufacture and ship a run, so there's a lag time. NorthShore's a much bigger outfit so they have more cash flow and can start up another run as soon as they see stock evaporating from their warehouse.

klo555 said:
Correct - We have a limited amount of stock coming in, and we've actually almost sold through all of it. We're getting very close to stopping our sale.

I'm glad I got in right away! I ordered a full case of them - super excited!!!

Nothing against abu or its employees, but these constant out of stock issues are frustrating. Preorders selling out before they're even close to shipped just kinda irks me and despite fitting small size just enough, if that runs out then I'm not sure who to order from anymore.

bambinod said:
Considering the demand, unless the product bombs I think ABU would have to be out of their minds not to order another run. There's a rather similar thread going right now concerning NorthShore also having shipping delays on the betterdry and crinklz. They sold out of their stock unexpectedly fast but had another run already in the water at the time. It didn't get here soon enough, and they were out of stock for a week or so iirc. But even with them in stock now, they're running out fast and are anticipating the next run won't get here before they run out again. (diapers are popular it would seem!!)

It just takes 6-8 weeks (minimum) to manufacture and ship a run, so there's a lag time. NorthShore's a much bigger outfit so they have more cash flow and can start up another run as soon as they see stock evaporating from their warehouse.

We have many more productions scheduled. We just hit the max we could get produced before the Chinese New Year (as we had to send containers all over the world). We should have more stock again by the end of April.

I don’t understand why people are getting upset at ABU, they don’t know how well the product is going to sell & they don’t want to over-order product and have inventory sit on the shelves. Look at Bambino’s pull ups, they were very promising but they hardly took of as “the next big thing” (not to say that the PeekABU will have the same fate). My point is that they aren’t over-selling their stock & once they have a better idea of what the demand is going to be, they can make adjustments to accommodate future demand. Supply Chain can be a very unpredictable thing & I don’t think it’s fair to run ABU through the ringer on the initial order. They have more than proved their dedication to their customer base & they will get more product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i doubt anyone here has been on the '' Manufacturing diapers Side of things ''
IF you really know how much varity/ small chain or suppliers or runs they do of diapers :) I used to work In a plant actually making baby Diapers ,

If i recall correct they used to go by bid /batch sizes , XXX amount of xxx size for said company, from Larger supplier to small chain store stuff i have seen it all , often enough i was like Damn i never know
this many diaper brands existed haha ,

Bokeh said:
I don’t understand why people are getting upset at ABU, they don’t know how well the product is going to sell & they don’t want to over-order product and have inventory sit on the shelves. Look at Bambino’s pull ups, they were very promising but they hardly took of as “the next big thing” (not to say that the PeekABU will have the same fate). My point is that they aren’t over-selling their stock & once they have a better idea of what the demand is going to be, they can make adjustments to accommodate future demand. Supply Chain can be a very unpredictable thing & I don’t think it’s fair to run ABU through the ringer on the initial order. They have more than proved their dedication to their customer base & they will get more product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no sense in being upset with ABUniverse. Their products sell very well, because there is a big demand for them. I am wondering, though, if would be possible for them to increase the volume of the medium size, so they don't sell off so quickly. I think a larger problem may be EBay vendors purchasing large quantities, and selling them for a hefty profit. One thing that is good to know, is that North Shore is doing what it can to keep the Thrust Vector products in stock, and Dry 24/7's remain a viable alternative when inventories run low. We will have to see how things turn out later. I do credit ABU for adding a fulfillment center in Baltimore, and can see a good potential for that company's expansion.

Last edited:
sucks tought never anything in stock in mediums~ it<s always a fuss or fight trying to pick or find something witch is sad , i am in canada too though ,
out of diapers go to buy this kind medium nope that kind in medium nope the other one nope none :~

For the Pree Order , Is that it for stock or is there certain stock to also be sold on the received day ^

Bokeh said:
I don’t understand why people are getting upset at ABU, they don’t know how well the product is going to sell & they don’t want to over-order product and have inventory sit on the shelves.

I'd say we can call this a "being a victim of your own success". If you really hit it off well the demand for your product grows faster than you can possibly grow your business to meet the demand.

Many would say that's a good problem to have!

Does that mean when pree orders are sold out there will not be any when they come in ?
or is there stock reserved still for being able to buy when they indeed land!?

Do you know anything about the kiddos and when you'll might receive?

Biffbrian said:
Do you know anything about the kiddos and when you'll might receive?

I too would like to hear an update on the future of Kiddo. I realize you're backlogged and don't have your timeline for reorders set in stone, but I'd just like to know if you intend on restocking them. They're probably the best performing single-tape diaper on the market right now.

bambinod said:
I too would like to hear an update on the future of Kiddo. I realize you're backlogged and don't have your timeline for reorders set in stone, but I'd just like to know if you intend on restocking them. They're probably the best performing single-tape diaper on the market right now.

We are absolutely planning to restock them! Our facility that does final assembly on our single tape products and Preschool has been having some problems and has been unable to function at full capacity, so we're working rapidly to retool another factory and match sizing, specifications, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back