ABUniverse PeekABU Advanced Diaper Review

I received my Peekabu diapers this week. Similar to the above reviews, I find them to fit me perfectly: 5"8", 165#. The absorbency is great, no leaks. If I have a criticism; I was hoping that since they are described as thinner (which they are), I would be able to wear them discreetly in public. I did not feel comfortable wearing them in public, I thought that they were still not quite as discreet as I would have liked to suit my public confidence level of diaper wearing.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
This has become one of the best diapers ever. I am in the middle of trying this diaper and have noticed that it fits better than any diaper I have every tried. Also the absorbency is awsome but also noticed that instead of the diaper sagging as it gets wet it seems to get tighter and mine has not started to sag meaning the leg guards are still holding pretty well after about 5-6 normal to small settings.

- - - Updated - - -

slayer12208 said:
This has become one of the best diapers ever. I am in the middle of trying this diaper and have noticed that it fits better than any diaper I have every tried. Also the absorbency is awsome but also noticed that instead of the diaper sagging as it gets wet it seems to get tighter and mine has not started to sag meaning the leg guards are still holding pretty well after about 5-6 normal to small settings.

*wettings

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also agree that this has become my number one (pun only partially intended) diaper. I'd wear them every day if I could!

I've only had one tiny complaint, and that's that the lower tapes might be a bit too low for me. After wearing and walking for quite some time--we're talking 5-10 miles--the sides of the front panel (around where the tape has been fastened) work themselves further into the crotch area, and this ends up exposing some of the sticky tapes and pressing them right against my skin. It's not a huge deal, but still I don't relish the pain of an impromptu thigh/crotch depilation. :sad: I've started angling the tapes upwards further than I usually do to avoid this, though I'm afraid that if I shift too high up, the legs will loosen and begin to leak.

A second, unconnected thought: what would happen if ABU would find a way to put hook-and-loop tapes on the PeekABU?

Frungie said:
I received my Peekabu diapers this week. Similar to the above reviews, I find them to fit me perfectly: 5"8", 165#. The absorbency is great, no leaks. If I have a criticism; I was hoping that since they are described as thinner (which they are), I would be able to wear them discreetly in public. I did not feel comfortable wearing them in public, I thought that they were still not quite as discreet as I would have liked to suit my public confidence level of diaper wearing.

Its probably a matter of personal taste since I feel fine wearing peekabus in public

New and revised for the Version 2.0. I tested the ABU simple ultras, which are the same as PeekABU but without the prints. Size large.

Of the one pack I tested I found that after about 14 hours the shell would rip on me. This happened two times where I stuck the lower tapes directly on the shell (below the landing zone), and even one time where the landing zone tore at a top tape. And I never tape them on tight, just snug like I do with my Crinklz diapers and they almost never tear like that except for defects.

Of the 10 I tested, 5 leaked on me. Not good since that's a 50% failure rate, but in their defence I was purposely taking them to their limits. 3 times because of the tearing, and twice they leaked over the top while I was sleeping (I went to bed dry too). I also had one leak at my legs after wearing it for about 12 hours. I was sitting in a chair for a long time when that one happened too.

Of note, they never leaked on me before I hit 12 hours in the same diaper during the day- which is a definite good thing. I do feel the leaking over the top was because they fit me somewhat small. I'm only 5'-10" and have a 38" belt line, and the larges still did not extend up to my waist line. It's as if I almost needed extra larges to get a comparable fit like I do with large betterdry/crinklz.

What I really liked about the simple ultras was they would not clump and did not sag. This included one day when I was painting my house. They held up nicely even with me being so active. The diaper does swell up some, but comparatively not a whole lot. Overall they didn't seem to be overly thick even when swollen. Wicking is decent, as was their capacity before leaking.

The shell itself is pretty quiet and feels soft. I don't care for the landing zone though. It is much louder and crinkly than it should be (think 80's depends) plus it doesn't extend down low enough for where the lower tape needs to be attached. The tapes themselves hold like a champ, but that's kind of a bad thing since you can't remove the lower tapes without completely destroying the shell. The top tapes can be repositioned as often as you want thanks to the landing zone though, but be warned they peel off very loudly.

Overall I'd say these are good diapers worth being called premium. Just don't wear one for more than 12 hours or overnight as a side sleeper, or they become ticking time bombs for leaks. I'd like to see some more revisions be put into the landing zone, definitely extending it down further and maybe making it quieter. The addition of more sap, or concentrating the sap to the front and middle only could be another possible improvement.

Lastly, price. I tested only one pack of 10 larges for $40. That puts them at $4.00 per diaper, or $8.00 per day, which makes them horribly expensive. However, when ordered by the double case of 80 for $180 that would make them $2.25 each- or $4.50 per day. This is a reasonable price, and certainly worth it the long run.

This is definitely one I want to try when I get the chance to order! Thanks for the in-depth review

I ordered a pack of the similar-spec Simple Ultras, which have a blue area between the legs and handle floods much better. Anyone know if this also appeared in the PeekABU line?

ManeWulf said:
I ordered a pack of the similar-spec Simple Ultras, which have a blue area between the legs and handle floods much better. Anyone know if this also appeared in the PeekABU line?
Yes, the simple ultra's are the same as the peekabu's just no artwork.

This deserves another review; the blue core helps massively with absorbency in the PeekABU line.

ManeWulf said:
This deserves another review; the blue core helps massively with absorbency in the PeekABU line.
💦🚼+1

These are hands down my favorite diaper of all time. They fit me perfect because I am a little guy I wore these throughout a convention and could just keep wetting and wetting and wetting! I felt so adorable and comfy the whole time!! :) 10/10 but they are pricey

What can you expect from a premium product though to be honest

According to AB universe's website, these have been updated a few times since their release. I'm curious to know if any of the updates have helped males use them while lying down without leaking. Don't get me wrong, they are still a really great diaper for day time wear I just wish I could get them to work at night.

It does help immensely. In my opinion, the updated versions are far better in fit, feel, and capacity.

is Frutikitty alright? I've noticed he hasn't really done any diaper reviews this year.

Reactions: babybobby
Amazingly comfortable
Perfectly fitting
Ultimately the feel is as close to an adult version of a baby diaper. Period

I love ABU SDKs but these PeekABUs certainly pack a massive amount of time and effort into the whole experience

Hands down on my top 3 favorites

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Babyjay82, BearTale and 1 other person
Does anyone have a guess when these will be back in stock in size L?

If the testing shows around 2700ml, why does ABU list these as 6250ml .... I wish a diaper held 1.6 gallons of pee.

About how big is the package?

naughty80921 said:
If the testing shows around 2700ml, why does ABU list these as 6250ml .... I wish a diaper held 1.6 gallons of pee.
The testing was done with a much earlier version of the diaper, before they added a fast- absorbing distribution pad in the center as well as other tweaks.

The actual capacity is now quite a bit closer to how it’s advertised - I haven’t had a leak with these in months.

Back