Too many hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I sort of feel like i have too many hobbies and not quite enough time (and in large part money) .

Of course first and foremost I'm AB/DL (I haven't much explored the AB side, not that I never will but it would not be something I would do while single and living at home); otherwise I wouldn't be on this site or DD.

I collect Silver Dollars/other silver coins (and started amassing different coins such as state quarters, bicentennial quarters, the US territory/state park quarters, and Susan B Anthony Silver Dollars)

I collect Dragon Ball Super Cards (I have at least one copy of almost all the cards printed to date and have new cards from a new set coming in a few days); I have not got around to actually playing because it would take time to learn the game and more time (and money as apparently some people build decks with several of the same card) to put together decks to play with and more time and money if I wanted to get out there and play in tournaments.

I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards back in the day (when it was the new and hot thing) for a few years; eventually it became apparent it is a big way for the producers to make a fortune by re-releasing everything and that turned me off because of how the prices would go from a high point (of lets say a $100 high), to a low point of a few dollars.

I collect/play video games (most aren't what I would consider collectable as it has become a huge industry and with that comes a big secondary market which drops some games to under $10 if it's old enough, and these same games mostly initially retail at ~$65); i would say i mostly collect DS/3DS games and mostly play PS4 games (and often sell games im done with).

And I also try to keep up with a lot of TV shows and occasionally watch movies.

In my opinion that's not too many hobbies. Seems like a goodly amount. I used to be a cashier at a convenience store and started collecting rare coins that people would spend on stuff. My best score was a guy that came in and bought a bunch of snacks with morgan silver dollars, like 10 of them. I asked if he was sure he wanted to do that, and he was adamant he wanted his snacks. So I put a $10 bill in the till from my wallet and pocketed the silver dollars.

I think collections are good and fun hobbies. The ones you mentioned don't seem to be too extravagant. I wish you good luck in the things you enjoy!

But watching TV isn't a hobby in my opinion.

Actually, I have a lot (too many) hobbies myself. Because of that I dropped photography some time ago because it's just too time-consuming.

Collecting things is fine but hobbies that involve interacting with other peeps are of the most value IMO.

Yeah, I'm inclined to say that's too many hobbies. I'm a collector/gamer myself, and that's it. It takes enough money as-is, and keeps me busy year round (in addition to my job). You have THREE more additional hobbies than that! (I don't see abdl as a "hobby").

That's not too many. I game, I read, I write, I do photography, I cook, I homebrew...I know I'm forgetting things but I have a low grade migraine fading out and I can never think straight during this part of the migraine. Too much fog.

All I know is ADHD probably has a little something to do with it.

Yeah I know ABDL isn't really a hobby, I only included it as it's an expense (especially since really good diapers aren't cheap)

I have pretty bad OCD so I don't really have hobbies as much as I have major psychotic obsessions lol. Once I get into something I dive head-first and obsess about it. Most of my hobbies only last a few years because I completely burn myself out. The few that have stuck and I still get great enjoyment around are watching movies, hiking, reading, and listening to music.

Up until 6 months ago craft beer was probably my biggest Hobby, but unfortunately alcohol is not the healthiest Obsession do you have. I had to cut out drinking as it was becoming too much.

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah I know ABDL isn't really a hobby, I only included it as it's an expense (especially since really good diapers aren't cheap)

I think it depends on how you approach it. "Hobby" isn't the right word for me but it could be for someone.

If you don't have the time/money, something has to go. I collected comics for a long time but the prices went up and my enjoyment didn't. It was time to focus attention elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back