Interstim process and success or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
My Dr has suggested interstim as a last resort solution for my incontinence. The research I’ve done shows mixed results. The Dr says 50% improvement is deemed successful. In my case 50% still leaves me in diapers 24/7. If that’s the. Case the cost isn’t worth it. Any experiences or thoughts as to whether I should try it or not?

Actually it's a 40% success rate. Interstim themselves say an 80% improvement in 50% of those who have it done. And 80 of 50 is 40.

For me, it was worse than a failure. It was 3 weeks of the test implant, and it was an electric shock akin to chineese water torture. Not bad at first, but absolutely painful by the third week.

It turned out they implanted the leed too close to my nerve, and quite literally fried it. This left my problems worse off than when I started it.

And worse still, it was a big surgery to put it in, and another surgery to take it out.

Slomo said:
Actually it's a 40% success rate. Interstim themselves say an 80% improvement in 50% of those who have it done. And 80 of 50 is 40.

For me, it was worse than a failure. It was 3 weeks of the test implant, and it was an electric shock akin to chineese water torture. Not bad at first, but absolutely painful by the third week.

It turned out they implanted the leed too close to my nerve, and quite literally fried it. This left my problems worse off than when I started it.

And worse still, it was a big surgery to put it in, and another surgery to take it out.

Thanks for the information. I’m not convinced the results are worth the risks. The surgery seems fairly low key but it’s arill a surgical procedure. I’ve began to figure out my lifestyle with incontinence and all that comes with. Not sure I’m ready for much else at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back