Sleep in Diaper Friday - do I need a booster pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am planning to do SIDF tonight. I will be sleeping in the same bed as my wife, who doesn't know I wear a diaper. 50% of normal nights I have to get up in the middle of the night for a pee, and she gets grumpy, so I think the diaper is a good thing for her.

The diapers I use are Hartmann Molicare Maxi, with an absorbency rating of 3.5 drops out of 4 (they are old stock, and the Molicare range and the rating system have changed). My question is - do I need a booster pad to be on the safe side?

At my wife's insistence I visit the toilet not once but twice to empty my bladder (anyone please let me know if this is against the spirit of SIDF!) so I think the answer must be no. My experience of daytime use of the diapers shows that they are very absorbent indeed. I just don't want to wet the bed when my wife is there.

yfront said:
I am planning to do SIDF tonight. I will be sleeping in the same bed as my wife, who doesn't know I wear a diaper. 50% of normal nights I have to get up in the middle of the night for a pee, and she gets grumpy, so I think the diaper is a good thing for her.

Regardless of whether or not you think it will benefit her, you should probably give her some advance warning.

Otherwise you might find her flying up out of the bed when she notices.

bambinod said:
Regardless of whether or not you think it will benefit her, you should probably give her some advance warning.

Otherwise you might find her flying up out of the bed when she notices.

I am sure she won't notice.

Same bed, but we respect each other's space. I wear thick, baggy pyjama trousers, usually with underpants underneath, so I don't think the risk of detection is that great.

As long as you think you can conceal it from your wife, I think you should feel free to go ahead and diaper up for a good night's sleep. As others have mentioned, however, if you haven't told her she might respond poorly if she reaches over for you and gets a handful of thick crinkles. In any case, you know your wife, your sleeping arrangement and your sleeping habits better than anyone, so if you can sleep all night in a diaper without being caught, go right ahead, that decision is yours.

In answer to your question, whenever I sleep in a diaper, I always make sure to use a booster. Even though I have trust in the diapers that I frequent, you're going to be sleeping for a long time and moving while you sleep (I often toss and turn in my sleep) so you'll want to make sure you're completely protected and a booster is a great way to ensure that protection. Also, I tend to wet quite frequently in the evenings and a good amount too, so I always feel better about having a booster in my diaper when I go down for night nights.

I have worn to bed more times than I can count and every time I had a booster in there, I woke up with a wet diaper and a dry bed. It's also good to note that boosters add a bit of extra bulk in addition to their absorbency. There is nothing better than waking up in a super thick, super soggy diaper.

Good luck to you :)

Getting up twice a night at your age could be a sign of a prostate problem. Might want to have a doctor check you out.

Otherwise, I have used Molicare without a booster and they are quite absorbent. Not my favorite but they do hold quite a bit. My only comment is they do swell. I recently tried some boosters and they seem to make the diaper swell even more.

If you are awake while you pee at night, you can probably tell how much you are wetting. If you feel wet and bulky, they may probably leak. So, you should change before than. However, waking up to change a diaper at night is more of a hassle than going to the the toilet at night. My advice is to experiment one night. If it works, then you're good. Otherwise, you may need to look for other diapers that are especially designed for nighttime use. Boosters won't solve the problem.

Here's my thoughts....If you don't normally wear at night and don't normally wet the bed....wearing at night because you have to get up in the middle of the night to empty your bladder isn't going to help right away. As most that are wearing at nighttime for the first few times at least have trouble just laying in bed wetting. Especially if it's not something you are used to doing. I wear every chance I get and when I put them on before bed I STILL try to tell myself I'm going to allow myself to just fill my diaper instead of getting up in the middle of the night and and bad as I may have to go, I still have to actually get up and stand before I can actually let go and fill my diaper, and being that I'm using tranquility ATN I end up leaking and regretting my actions. I'm of course looking forward to being able to get some diapers that can handle a soaking like that, but if your using any diaper that can't handle a middle of the night full bladder soaking, you're most likely going to have issues in one fashion or another.

Jwis said:
Here's my thoughts....If you don't normally wear at night and don't normally wet the bed....wearing at night because you have to get up in the middle of the night to empty your bladder isn't going to help right away. As most that are wearing at nighttime for the first few times at least have trouble just laying in bed wetting. Especially if it's not something you are used to doing. I wear every chance I get and when I put them on before bed I STILL try to tell myself I'm going to allow myself to just fill my diaper instead of getting up in the middle of the night and and bad as I may have to go, I still have to actually get up and stand before I can actually let go and fill my diaper, and being that I'm using tranquility ATN I end up leaking and regretting my actions. I'm of course looking forward to being able to get some diapers that can handle a soaking like that, but if your using any diaper that can't handle a middle of the night full bladder soaking, you're most likely going to have issues in one fashion or another.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head there. Although last night was successful in so far as it was the first time I've worn a diaper through the night, and I got some sleep (though not much), I didn't wet in my sleep like a good DL, and I couldn't relax enough to wet lying in the bed when I woke up, even though my bladder couldn't have been very full, and from experience with daytime use I've got a lot of confidence in my Molicare diaper. So I copped out and used the toilet :-(

Did your wife notice?

No.

At least you didn't have to get up last night? Too bad you didn't sleep better. I woke up dry but I didn't get up until that changed.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Scaramouche said:
Getting up twice a night at your age could be a sign of a prostate problem.

or you just drank a bit before bed!

Jwis said:

Well there's your problem. ATN isn't made to last all through the night (in spite of the misleading name). You need better diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back