Single Tape All White Diapers / ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaredmartin said:
All I know is that for me personally, I have never had a diaper fit as well as the kiddos and I have tried a lot of diapers over the years. Just need one without the baby print. I have to believe that there are a good number of us that would agree.

I only got to try one bag of Kiddo but they did perform remarkably well for being only single tape. I believe this was a combination of being a very good fit and having a great balance of wicking and capacity. Rev1 Cuddlz also performed very well for I suspect the same reasons.

I look for diapers that give me that mental state of wearing diapers, so I tend to prefer all-white plastic shell with single tapes if possible. But I also want comfort and good performance. Kiddo punches all those marks except looks - it's not bad but it could be better. I think they'd actually look better if the character on the package was actually ON the diaper, I think that disappointed a lot of us who are used to WYSIWYG on their diapers. But I'd like all-white for sure too. But I don't think that's what that specific model is marketing. But then again neither are green owls... ;)

I also wish Cuddlz had stayed with single tapes for their new white diapers.

Owell, with Kiddo under the ABU flag we might see such change. They are certainly well-known for innovative new patterns on their diapers. The success of their Simple line shows they can make all-white diapers work, so here's hoping...

jaredmartin said:
Cuddlz all white diaper has two tapes on each side...so, no go. I would really love to hear from someone at ABU as to whether or not this is even a possibility.

Why not email them and ask?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the original v1 Cuddlz had 4 tapes? Just checked my emails and it was 2010 I ordered them so maybe my memory has failed me.

Last edited:
blob said:
I thought the original v1 Cuddlz had 4 tapes? Just checked my emails and it was 2010 I ordered them so maybe my memory has failed me.

This is AFAIK their third major product release.

The first cuddlz were the "ugly teddy bear" pattern on white shell, and had single large tapes. The pattern wasn't very attractive, and they didn't market too aggressively, so I don't think they sold very fast. Last year they made a new pattern ("bright dayz") I made a gallery post for a thread showing how to tape single tape diapers that featured this model: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1926&attachmentid=29811

This year they seem to have released a few new patterns as well as changed to smaller double tapes. They still sell the previous model though.

Just looking at their store now I see
- single tape original (unofficially "teddy bears")
- single tape "bright dayz"
- double tape "nursery"
- double tape "all-white / no print"

The double tape ones appear to be a "newer model" with more padding. I'm not entirely clear on that with their web site though, but I assume the model change involved going to two tapes and a change in the padding, I have no idea if the shell shape or size changed also. I've got some white dual-tape diapers coming soon and will let you all know what I get when I get it. (I actually ordered them while mistakenly assuming they were single tape - it was right there for me to see but it just didn't mentally register - I actually wanted them because I was interested in a single tape all-white diaper - so here's hoping they're at least nice and comfy and good capacity to make up for not getting the single tapes I was spending more for...)

Hey I just ran into this, it looks like a premium single (very wide) tape all white diaper?

https://twitter.com/MurrekiFoxfloof/status/804083515138723842

The caption reads "Testing out the upcoming ABU Simple size small! They're magnificent and fit wonderfully"

It's dated Dec 5, 2016

Obviously they have one of the ABU stickers on them, but I see below that the white print on the diaper tape panel says "health" and "fun".

Any idea what became of these?

CyitqzyXgAA0Aui.jpg

bambinod said:
Hey I just ran into this, it looks like a premium single (very wide) tape all white diaper?

The caption reads "Testing out the upcoming ABU Simple size small! They're magnificent and fit wonderfully"

It's dated Dec 5, 2016

Obviously they have one of the ABU stickers on them, but I see below that the white print on the diaper tape panel says "health" and "fun".

These are close –

https://www.amazon.com/ABU-Super-KidsTM-Small-Pack/dp/B07661MBKD?th=1

Yes. the white shell and single wide tape does resemble the ABU SDK (or Cushies) diapers, but these look thicker and wider? More similar to the Simple? (or I may be mistaken, it's hard to tell if they've "fluffed up" the diaper in the photo) The "health" and "fun" appear to be part of the print on the tape panel, possibly from the original source prior to being retooled. (maybe a medical diaper that ABU bought the rights to and is using existing inventory for testing?)

This is from Dec 2016, I don't recall when ABU came out with their rev2 cushies/sdk... maybe it really has been that long, and this was the new ones when they were in beta test?

I'd like to see ABU sell the Simple in a single tape variety, or at least test it out to see if it's well-received. Single tapes can be more prone to leaking, but there's a number of people looking for a better performing all-white single tape diaper. Rearz did a single run of "Vintage Replica" diapers, I was lucky enough to snag a case when I saw them. They're based on the Little Squirts, which are a single tape diaper, but the LS have a sea-blue shell and childish sealife pattern on them, I don't care for the looks at all. But the Vintage were much better, the shell was all white and the pattern on the tape panel was a very lightweight neutral infant pattern - it wasn't a "plain white" strictly speaking, but it's as close as I've seen in a premium capacity. The current SDK/Cushies aren't premium capacity, and have quite a lot going on up front on the tape panel, so not what I'm looking for.

I took just a few pics of the Vintage when mine came in, more of a comparison between the LS and the Vintage, photos in my gallery. Here's one of them showing the "almost all white" shell. Again this is a premium capacity, single wide tape design:

attachment.php

I’m not a fan of printed diapers, so this would be great.

Honeywell6180 said:
Boy, that was a dumb move. Making a size that nobody wants. Now they have inventory they can't unload.

Maybe not, we have fully grown adults here who dillude themselves into thinking they "fit" into baby diapers. By comparison, a small adult diaper is beginning to approach something they can actually use. Less dilluding required.

Honeywell6180 said:
Boy, that was a dumb move. Making a size that nobody wants. Now they have inventory they can't unload.

There are a lot of beanpoles here that have problems with "swimming" in medium size adult diapers, but who find childrens/youth diapers either too small or poor quality/low capacity, and are looking for better. There IS a market for size small.

Slomo said:
Maybe not, we have fully grown adults here who dillude themselves into thinking they "fit" into baby diapers. By comparison, a small adult diaper is beginning to approach something they can actually use. Less dilluding required.

That probably makes sense. But when the small diapers remain sitting on the shelves because people with a 30" waist are not finding them to be comfortable enough, the manufacturers will start doing the same thing that the large companies did: Stop making the small sizes. I see very few adults who are sized like a 12 year old, and that's what these smaller sizes seem to accommodate the best. Also: Pampers can be used as a pad in regular briefs, while a small-sized Little Paws or SDK would be impractical for this purpose. There are plenty of other options for adults who weigh 110 pounds or less.

I love the idea of the ABU small sizes ... However, at a 31" waist they barely can be made to fit. Sometimes they just dont. .... But the mediums are always to big for my personal preference. So I stick with goodnites.

bambinod said:

It's dated Dec 5, 2016

CyitqzyXgAA0Aui.jpg

Just get rid of the landing zone and it’s perfect.

mayhem said:
Just get rid of the landing zone and it’s perfect.

Did you mean "get rid of the sticker"? There IS a little bit of text below the sticker. or did you mean the entire landing zone plastic itself, even if clear? I don't know if the shell on a diaper like that would be strong enough not to rip under the strain of a single tape like that without some kind of reinforcement. I don't know how wide the ABU stickers are, (you should start adding one sticker to every case of diapers, that'd be a great promotion!) but one of those stickers may provide enough reinforcement to hold the tapes. Or maybe some clear tapes?

I'd call it good if they could remove the "health / fun" text from the landing zone so it was completely unmarked, but keep the clear tape panel.
I think I'd also point out that in that picture above, it looks like it's just barely fitting, like they're right on the edge of it being too small for them.

But the more I look at it the more I think it's just a fluffed up early run of the version 2 SDK before they got the print added to the tape panel. Would KLO care to comment on it?

bambinod said:
Did you mean "get rid of the sticker"? There IS a little bit of text below the sticker. or did you mean the entire landing zone plastic itself, even if clear? I don't know if the shell on a diaper like that would be strong enough not to rip under the strain of a single tape like that without some kind of reinforcement. I don't know how wide the ABU stickers are, (you should start adding one sticker to every case of diapers, that'd be a great promotion!) but one of those stickers may provide enough reinforcement to hold the tapes. Or maybe some clear tapes?

I'd call it good if they could remove the "health / fun" text from the landing zone so it was completely unmarked, but keep the clear tape panel.
I think I'd also point out that in that picture above, it looks like it's just barely fitting, like they're right on the edge of it being too small for them.

But the more I look at it the more I think it's just a fluffed up early run of the version 2 SDK before they got the print added to the tape panel. Would KLO care to comment on it?

The tape zone is just so they can be refastened. The diapers integrity would hardly be at risk unless they are poor quality plastic.

mayhem said:
The tape zone is just so they can be refastened. The diapers integrity would hardly be at risk unless they are poor quality plastic.

I am sorry, but if you want something without a landing zone for the tapes, buy a case of Dry 24/7's. You're welcome. :D

I wish that Abu had a diaper with velcro tabs.

12srepaid said:
I wish that Abu had a diaper with velcro tabs.

They did try it once a few years ago with their previous gen cushies. At the time, the padding in those was pretty poor, they had no front (and I think no rear?) elastic, and the velcro tabs were stiff plastic cut square and sharp, so they were murder on your wrists when you slept. The tape panel was extremely stiff. I think they only did one run.

Bambino and Tykables both have a good velcro design available, the tabs are soft and rounded, the tape panel is still a bit stiff but not as hard or stiff as the original cushies, and they have front and rear elastic for comfort. So if you want velcro, go for one of them, they're good quality.

It's interesting to observe how similar tykables and bambino are. They're clearly using the same manufacturer and share a lot of the same good quality features, yet maintain unique products. Bambino sticks with thicker diapers and more traditional/younger looks, whereas tykables goes for thinner and more modern/youth designs. They're both obviously using the same velcro tabs and front panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back