Dear God, Did This Really Just Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yooo said:
What he means is place the bag(s) of diapers in a black bag, and then put it in a box. So if the box is damaged, all you can see is a black bag.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How would that really help though. The damage to his shipment was so bad it tore through the box, AND the plastic bag, AND as he said left it questionable it his diapers had fallen out of the case or not.

Adding another layer of ultra thin plastic in the box isn't going to do much.

In my case this actually may have helped -- at least if it was a decent thickness of plastic. The bags the diapers were in were not damaged, just the box. When I said it was likely possible the diapers may have come out of the box, it was because the cardboard was so seriously torn that the opening was large enough and in the right location on the side and where the corner seams folded for the entire bag to have slipped out.

As a few days have passed since this event, I have actually felt even more embarrassment about this and I doubt I will have any diapers sent there again. I haven't been back to the shipment store since this experience and I may just let my post box lapse and not go back.

There is a town about thirty miles away that has a similar shipment store that I may consider setting up a post box there. But I will do some investigating first to make certain there is no connection of that store with this one.

Wow rearz should really use a proper sturdier box considering they should know boxes may get damaged during shipping .

Maybe you could blame it on someone else like say you're getting it for a friend or something.

sgdl88 said:
Wow rearz should really use a proper sturdier box considering they should know boxes may get damaged during shipping . .

I don't think you can blame the seller, there's just so much you can do to pack a product. The gorillas in the back room are sometimes just too rough with packages regardless of how you have them protected.

I would also add that almost every time I've received a damaged package (be it UPS, FedEx, USPS) with a good size hole in it they had taped up the damage. I think in your case it was rather negligent of them to damage the box AND not tape it back up. As you said, leaving that flap open like that was very likely to cause one of the bags of diapers to fall out. If it were anything else I know I'd be having a chat with the manager.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
In my case this actually may have helped -- at least if it was a decent thickness of plastic. The bags the diapers were in were not damaged, just the box. When I said it was likely possible the diapers may have come out of the box, it was because the cardboard was so seriously torn that the opening was large enough and in the right location on the side and where the corner seams folded for the entire bag to have slipped out.

As a few days have passed since this event, I have actually felt even more embarrassment about this and I doubt I will have any diapers sent there again. I haven't been back to the shipment store since this experience and I may just let my post box lapse and not go back.

There is a town about thirty miles away that has a similar shipment store that I may consider setting up a post box there. But I will do some investigating first to make certain there is no connection of that store with this one.

Ah, I misunderstood then. Not the diapers themselves coming out of the box, but possibly a bag of diapers falling out.

I too live in a small town and use a packaging store for my mail. After getting tons of shipments over the years a case of diapers box had a rip. Now I don't order printed diapers, but the guy noticed the hole.

Dud this is heavy, what is it adult diapers
Uh yes it is,
Oh, did we need to do a claim with FedEx

Since then I have told him they are mine.... I have a great cover story since I've been a customer there for 10 years or more... I had back surgery back years ago, so I can use that I have nerve damage in my back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As embarrassing as it may be for you to *know* that the employees at your postal service know about your very... "babyish" diapers. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure they value their job, in any and all circumstances, more than just spreading comments and rumors around the town when it's no one else's business.

To be honest, your mail carrier and delivery drivers know somewhat is in your boxes. The return address can easily be looked up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude. You need to get out of town. You need to get your own little apartment, & disappear! They would have gossiped about this I can assure you! Whether you care or not is upto you. But I suspect the paranoia will get to you in the end! So sorry about that though. Harsh.

Really sorry this happened TBCowboy. I have not had to order all that much as I use cloth and have the lions share of my supplies. However, on occasion I have had to order this or that, even some disposables. I have always worried about how they would come and always wanted to be here when they arrived so a "helpful" neighbor would not pick the box up and wonder who the shipper was. I have been lucky so far.

It sounds like all of the advice you have been given to this point has been great. I would not try and make an issue of it either and like you look for another package store some where else. Good luck.

I would not worry about it. I lived above a bar one time and I had diapers delivered after I told them specifically to hold them for pick up and they sent them to my address with the contents clearly marked on the outside of the box. The barmaid just put them on my steps give me a smile when she asked if i got my package and that was the end of it, which I suspect will be the same in your case. We tend to think people make a bigger deal of it then most do.

Eriksrud said:
I've also noticed lately, Rearz is using very very thin boxes.

I'm not sure what kind of box you got, but I've thought about sending them a note saying I wouldn't mind paying a wee bit more per order for them to use a more substantial box.

My last two have had some kinda hole bashed into them . . . thankfully not enough to see anything through unless you were really curious . . . but still, not something I want to happen.

I once received a package wrapped in a thin grey plastic bag. It was quite obvious what was inside. I never ordered from Rearz again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back