Am I the only one who doesn't rate Tena Slip Active fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was excited to try the Active Fits but I've found that they don't wick very good and anything more then a dribble over-saturates the nappy resulting in leakage. I have tried folding them length ways to channel wetness to the back but they only seem to wick in the front of the pad and leak. I do like the look and fit but I find them consistently unreliable which is a disappointment as when I was a teenager (1998/99/2000) it was my go to nappy.. Am I the only one?

What level of absorbency are you using?
I've still to try active fits, I used to almost exclusively use the old plastic tena slip maxi, they did swell alot at the front if used during the day, ie sitting and standing, they worked better lying down.
On the other hand, the padding on the slip supers seeed better suited to daytime use.

The cloth backed ones, super and maxi, worked fairly well for me day and night, but would sag and leak without anything to hold them up.

I ended up switching to id expert slip super pe or drylife slip super, way more reliable than either generation tena.

I've been using the Maxi and Ultima.. I seem to recall the old style plastic backed Tena's seemed to work well. I don't know if its because back then I didn't have much choice with which brand I used because my foster parents used to purchase them but I remember they seemed better. I'm not much of a flooder anyway. I find Molicare Slip Maxi and Attends Slip Regular 10 wick and work so much better then the Active Fits...

I was disappointed with the Maxi, but the Ultima version hold as much as their cloth backed equivalent.

Isn't the point of the plastic backing that there less sag and leak prone so surely they should hold more than there cloth/breathable version?

I somewhat dismissed the current (non active fit) slip ultima as being to absorbent for the sides and tapes to handle its weight if nearing capacity.

I'm finishing my last bag of Active Fit; I bought a case on sale before the end of 2017.

I've been wearing for nearly 35 years, and I'm very experienced with the 'old' Slip Maxi. My thought is that the Active Fit are superior in almost every way.

The Active Fit do swell appreciably and I've never experienced a leak. They certainly aren't a thick, premium diaper ... but they are great for 'stealth' wearing. I can wear them without much worry if I wear a track suit, warmup or similar attire.

I'll probably buy more (not an entire case, but another bag) when these are gone. For wearing undetected, the Active Fit do offer a distinct advantage.

I wear them alot during the day and night and much better with the soft plastic and wear *PLUS* and *Maxi* and find that if you have a booster insert that helps and personally think they are better then the cloth (breathable)

I don’t hate them but I also don’t think they’re nearly as good as the old Tena Slip Maxi. I was lucky enough to have found a Pharmacy in England that hosted product on eBay back before they went away. They had very reasonable shipping to the US & I bought around 15 cases far cheaper than anyone in the States was selling them for.

I tried the Active Slip & they’re okay but nowhere near the old ones. I’d like to try the Tena Slip Active Ultimas sometime but I’m not sure where to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the Maxi and Ultima as regular daytime nappies. I agree that the wicking performance is limited and I have had some trouble with clumping and breakup of the padding. Overall the absorbency is good for the price and they fit me well, so I give them a guarded thumbs up. They are not all-round excellent, as the old Slips were, and if they were not a good fit I probably wouldn't continue wearing them.

I liked the old Tena slip Maxi much better than the active fit. However, I think the active fit is a decent choice if you need discreteness. But I have to say that the price seems a bit to high when considering the absorbency and overall quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back