Not open for further replies.

lillbabybuga

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Are the northshore supreme really better then dry 24/7

I prefer the 24/7s. The northshore are great, but they start off too stiff for my tastes

Hmm, I believe they are close to equal. Their fit is slightly different, but total absorption under real world conditions was pretty close to the same. You can expect either of them to last about 8 hours while staying well hydrated. As I recall, their price was close to the same as well. However, as paddedinpuyallup mentioned, Northshore starts off a lot stiffer (though thinner too, but swelling up when wet maybe a little more overall). It really just comes down to which one fits your needs slightly better.

Neither can hold title for "the best" though, but both are excellent contenders.

The north shore wicks better - pulling wetness to all parts of the diaper including the back while the dry 24/7 does not nearly as well.

I would say that they are the best brands as far as IC brands go, available in the US. Other options in the IC market is almost like going off a cliff in to premade garbage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I find them both to be excellent, though in different ways. The Northshores wick very well and pull fluid away from your skin and hold a LOT of pee. I can normally make use of nearly the entire diaper before having to change. They seem to be sized similarly to most others. They do start out stiff, but if you fold them to activate them, as directed, they soften up some. The 24/7s, on the other hand, are sized a little bigger, so that a Medium 24/7 is somewhere between most other mediums and larges. They are comfortable and seem to have a higher SAP content, making them absorb quicker and more able to handle a sudden flood. They don't wick as well, so they are prone to clumping in front, and don't distribute the liquid to the back of the diaper as well. If I had to pick one, it would be the NS, though I use both (as well as others) depending on my needs, mood, and how my bladder is acting at any given moment. One other thing - if I know I'm going to be sitting for long periods, I lean toward something with a higher SAP content (24/7s, Better Dry, etc) so if I flood while sitting, it will absorb quicker and reduce the chance of leaking out the sides. Hope this helps!

I like the Dry 24/7 better for the reasons stated above.
The NS are stiffer and 'normal' sizing.
I prefer the slightly larger sizing on the 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back