Making diapers tamper proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am planning to wear/use a diaper for 24 hours nonstop tomorrow. I'm excited by the prospect, and I'll try to let you know how I get on. There is one thing that is bugging me slightly.

I tend to give in to the temptation to take a diaper off, especially if I feel a wet coming on. Obviously if I am wearing for 24 hours, I will need to change several times, but can anyone think of any ways I can stop myself from tampering with my diaper when I shouldn't? Ideas that occur to me are fixing it round the waist with thick tape which has to be cut with scissors to be removed. Or putting on pyjamas or shorts over the diaper, which fasten with a cord, and tying myself in with multiple knots that take a long time to untie.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

you could rig something using a chain and a pair of shorts especially if you are willing to cut slits. Then you use a mini lock and freeze the key into a block of ice.

I’ve done this.... key on string tied to like a pencil over a plastic container so that it freezes in the middle. Of course now for like $50 you can get ... plastic canister with timer, designed to put cell phones and stuff away.

- - - Updated - - -

Another way that is not completely safe is to lock yourself at night, but near a window with a combination lock that you need light to operate. Decades ago I did that in a hotel room, locked to grab bar.

It was a long night and at times I’d wished I had not done it/ couldn’t seek immediate comfort. But it was effective way to be “locked down” forced to exist in filthy wet diaper. Only did it once.

Now with a partner we use colored tiny zip ties that she keeps hold of. I wear a locked chain collar. And wear a one piece long sleeves and pants made to go under wet suit. It front zips and that is zip tied to collar. Then I have an “adaptive clothing” jump suit. Made for dementia patients to stop diaper digging... that goes on over top and has a rear zipper that ( I like) makes me feel like retard.

Thank you, that sounds interesting. I'd like, though, to be able to change my diaper. Just not take it off at a whim, eg to use the toilet.

Perhaps you’re looking at it the wrong way round - could you prevent yourself from accessing the toilet instead maybe with some sort of barrier or taping the lid down? I’d be very wary of anything which involves securing things to yourself or padlocks/cable ties... what happens if there’s an emergency or you lose the key or are unable to release yourself in some other way? Unless you have someone else on hand to assist, you need to be able to extract yourself from a situation if it goes wrong. Turning up at A&E duct taped into a messy nappy which is cutting off the circulation to your legs because you lost the scissors really isn’t a road you want to go down

You haven't given yourself enough notice to really prepare. A onesie is the obvious answer. I have an old memory of being punished by being put in a diaper a year or so after being potty trained. I had to go but had been told I was going to wear that diaper all evening, so I snuck into the bathroom. When I unzipped my fly, all I saw was shiny white plastic behind my zipper, and it was then that I truly realized I was stuck wearing a diaper. That mental image has really stayed with me over the years, and now I really enjoy seeing it. For me anyway, that really says "you have no choice, you're trapped wearing a diaper!"

I briefly went looking for something like this awhile ago, and what I came up with is what parents of incontinent autistic children (and adults) use. For them, they often have to deal with high-level-functioning people that are capable of taking off their diaper and making quite a mess, and some of them are very determined to take off their diaper, so there is a small niche market to "prevent tampering with incontinence products". The most effective one I ran across looked like long johns. If you're not familiar with that, it's a one-piece top and bottom a bit along the lines of a onesie, but it's got long legs (no feet) and long sleeves also. There are a small number of them that are made with the zipper in the back, and those are pretty much considered the ultimate in preventing "houdinis" from escaping them to take off their diaper. They're hard to find but do exist. The caveat to that of course is it requires assistance putting on so it's not something you're going to solo. Escape-proof works both ways. You could just go with a front-zipping model and call that "good enough" though I suppose, something that would require at least undressing to get out of, which isn't practical while say at school or at work.

There are also tank-top onesies with non-openable crotches available, they have to be pulled on and the straps worked around your arms, those would work similarly. Again they're a bit hard to find. If you're able to sew a bit or know someone that can, you could take a regular crotch-snap onesie and remove the snaps (and maybe add an inch or two of material to accomodate a swollen diaper at the same time?) and cut down the front and add a zipper. (that's a product idea for ABU, only run the zipper down the front maybe a foot or so, so you have to undress and pull it down and off)

I would order some locking plastic pants and mail the key to myself or freeze it in a glass of water to make it time based

Posting the key is a really, really risky idea.

It's a bit heavy for what I had in mind.

Locking pants are great in theory but I've never found a pair I couldn't ultimately slip out of, or that didn't disintegrate quickly. Also, freezing a key in ice doesn't really get you much; just toss the ice into a pan on the stove and you've got the key in moments.

A solution I've found that works really well: A locking onesie ($37ish) matched with a KitchenSafe ($55ish). Lock the keys inside and set the timer for 8 hours or whatever. You can smash the thing in an emergency, but you'd be out $55+. You can cut the onesie off in an emergency, but you'd be out $40 or so plus the shipping wait from the UK. For me, that's disincentive enough to 'behave,' and resign myself to my intimate relationship with my diaper...

yfront said:
It's a bit heavy for what I had in mind.

ok then for something less secure, easier to do, and impromptu:

- After pulling the tape off its backing but before sticking it down, cut the pull tab end off with a scissors.

- Add some clear packing tape over the tape. (not around your waist though, your diaper will be a lot less comfortable if the waist area can't stretch)

- Discretely attach a small zip-tie between your zipper pull and button on the top of your pants (cut off the tail) to prevent your zipper from being operated

None of this is really that secure, but it should provide you with a "forced to wear your diaper all day" mentality.

I'm thinking this would make an excellent subject of a photo album in my gallery...

bambinod said:
I briefly went looking for something like this awhile ago, and what I came up with is what parents of incontinent autistic children (and adults) use. For them, they often have to deal with high-level-functioning people that are capable of taking off their diaper and making quite a mess, and some of them are very determined to take off their diaper, so there is a small niche market to "prevent tampering with incontinence products". The most effective one I ran across looked like long johns. If you're not familiar with that, it's a one-piece top and bottom a bit along the lines of a onesie, but it's got long legs (no feet) and long sleeves also. There are a small number of them that are made with the zipper in the back, and those are pretty much considered the ultimate in preventing "houdinis" from escaping them to take off their diaper. They're hard to find but do exist. The caveat to that of course is it requires assistance putting on so it's not something you're going to solo. Escape-proof works both ways. You could just go with a front-zipping model and call that "good enough" though I suppose, something that would require at least undressing to get out of, which isn't practical while say at school or at work.

No long sleeves, but not all that hard to find. Full length, short length, stronger short length. I have a couple of the Kyroptonites with just the zipper (there are two different buckle options that go at the top of the zipper). I wear them overnight when it's hot instead of a regular onesie and pajamas. It's not easy, but I can handle the zipper on my own; I start by stretching the back up with one hand and unzipping as far as I can with the other hand, then pull the back down as far as I can with one hand and unzip the rest of the way with the other hand (or start pulling down and zip up, then pull up and finish zipping up). I have worn one when my regular onesies are waiting to be washed, and it's a bigger pain if I've got a t-shirt on over it (I pull one arm out of my t-shirt at at time to slip them inside or outside of the arm holes, and zip up after my arms are in reaching under the t-shirt, and vice versa for unzipping). So not impossible solo, but difficult enough to take a few minutes.

I didn't try the Titanium, the different fabric might make it more resistant to the stretching I do to deal with the zipper. The buckles would also make it harder to do solo because of the difficulty using both hands while stretching it to a spot where you could reach it. They also claim to be willing to work with you on something more custom. You could probsbly get a Titanium with long arms and long sleeves if you really wanted.

Thank you for your replies. My 24 hour diaper plans are literally on ice, because my wife has cancelled her trip away due to heavy snow.

Wear diapers that are expensive, and fasten them using tape that will destroy the diaper when you remove it. Then removing it without using it would be wasting an expensive diaper, so you won't want to do that.

Thank you, that's a really good suggestion. (My diapers, being irreplaceable in practice, are precious and I wouldn't want to waste any.)

Here is something I would suggest depending on your size. They are true to measurements and make it hard to take off quickly in the urge to use the toilet.

Littlekeepersleeper.com

tdlrfootedpjs said:
Here is something I would suggest depending on your size. They are true to measurements and make it hard to take off quickly in the urge to use the toilet.

Littlekeepersleeper.com

Nice, are those available in youth / adult sizes also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back