Well that wasn’t what I expected to see at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
So I recently placed my 1st order with Northshore Care on my personal computer where I bought Crinklz & Better Dry.

When I was at work on Friday, I had to Google something for work and lo and behold, an ad for Crinklz & Better Dry diapers started to pop up on every webpage I had to visit.

I was completely mortified and had to quickly scroll past or minimize the windows right away. What I didn’t realize when I placed my order, unfortunately, was that I was logged into my Google account. So even though I was at work, because I was also logged into my google account, it tracked my history and carried that over to my work computer.

I immediately logged out of google, cleared my browser history and cookies hoping that would help. The moral of the story being that while google is convenient, be careful what you do in private because if you’re not paying attention, it could follow you around. I don’t usually log into my google account at work so I’m not really sure how I ended up being logged on. Oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that happens. This is why I only look at ABDL related stuff on my phone. I'm usually the only one to look at my phone so no problems if an ad pops up sometimes.

And Northshore is the worst offender with tons of targeted ads.

I always go incognito when buying diapers, visiting this site or anything ab/dl related. Ive had instances like you in the past when ads appeared when showing other people stuff on my laptop before. Not had that problem since.

I agree with Steve go into Private Browsing and no ads will populate during private mode. Also for your employment sake never use your work computer for personal business what is at home stays at home why risk it...

Nam Repaid said:

You can't blame them. They're just utilizing what the current technology allows them to take advantage of.

I don't lose sleep over it personally.

If they ask you at work, "What gives?" Tell them it's work related. I can think of legitimate excuses.

Nam Repaid said:

That has also been my experience. They have partnered with Tablooa (sp?) directly or indirectly, and that one gets me bombarded on many other sites I frequently visit.

You can click on the little blue box in the corner of the ad and start the process of navigating their marketing site to "change your privacy settings". This has been somewhat effective for me but not entirely, and I've had to do it more than once. It's a bit like trying to get your phone number on the Do Not Call registry to stop telemarketers.

xpluswearer said:
I agree with Steve go into Private Browsing and no ads will populate during private mode. Also for your employment sake never use your work computer for personal business what is at home stays at home why risk it...

Yes, I agree and I never use my work computer for personal use, that’s what surprised me so much. I can’t figure out why my personal google account was logged in at work. I have no reason to log into google at work, I must have been logged into another google product.

The other thing that confused me is that I always use private browsing at home so I’m not sure how it connected that purchase to my google account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back