Islamic pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be desperately searching for something to offend you if you have a problem with a minimalist cartoon sketch of a cat's face.

this is like boycotting cheereos because when you added milk you thought for a moment you spotted an offensive abbreviation in braille.

Queue extreme face palm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awww, the poor terrorists. I’m sure pampers is laughing all the way to the bank since they’re buying diapers just to burn them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I wondered what the prophet's name looked like in Arabic and I found https://www.pinterest.com/islamiceducation/prophet-muhammad-calligraphy-art/
So if you extended the whiskers and added another line you could come close. But it is a kitty face. I think that it's more offensive that they are looking for the prophet's name on a diaper.
Procter & Gamble have been accused of being satanist before and now of being anti-islamist. Come on people, it just a picture.

“He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool"

DiaperMark said:
Awww, the poor terrorists. I’m sure pampers is laughing all the way to the bank since they’re buying diapers just to burn them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note, not all people who practice Islam are violent terrorists.

These people's extreme overreaction to something as benign as a Pampers design is ludicrous, but is it any more ludicrous than the crusades of so called "moral decency", Right-Wing, Western, Christian Fundamentalist groups led against everything from Judas Priest for supposed subliminal messages, KISS for inciting teens towards worshipping the devil and Dungeons and Dragons for supposedly leading youths astray and getting them to join satanic cults back in the 70's and 80's.

Still, I feel sorry for those babies who won't get the benefit of those diapers because some moron squinted a bit too hard at a cartoon cat and saw the prophet's name there.

I think the take away from something like this should be that religion, in general, sometimes makes people see and do nutty things. I am not bashing any religion in particular, I think belief in God and practicing religion have their upsides, but you gotta admit, people do some silly stuff in the name of faith.

This would have been more understandable if they were burning the diapers in protest of Western values, but yeah, I doubt the prints and patterns on Pampers across the globe have anything to do with Mohammed, both literally and figuratively.

Overall, a bizarre story, one of the strangest cases of Pareidolia I've ever heard of in recent years. For those who don't know, Pareidolia is the correct term for that phenomenon wherein some people think they've seen Christ's face on a pancake, although this might not be the best term for this particular brand of phenomenon... The more you know!

Why are they buying them in the first place, to wear them on their heads?

Ragequit said:

Same reason they buy US and Israeli flags, to burn them.

"Islamic Pampers". Great band name, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
Same reason they buy US and Israeli flags, to burn them.

They actually sell a lot of Pampers in the ME.

This story is from India though.

I just think it would be such a miserable life to be so easily offended by everything.

Ravensteel said:
I just think it would be such a miserable life to be so easily offended by everything.

You should watch twitter then. Or safe spaces on collage campuses.

This is just ridiculous.

I see God in diapers, like, always.

xtrabulk said:
I see God in diapers, like, always.

well people think they see Christ (or Mary) in toast, cheetos, their laté, and all sorts of other things, so sure, why not.

So, is it OK to burn the prophets name?
I thought they only burn flags and symbols they disagree with...

FrumJewDL said:
So, is it OK to burn the prophets name?
I thought they only burn flags and symbols they disagree with...

Don't try to make sense of religions. None of them have a basis in logic.

Ragequit said:
They buy that many due to the production line of kids they produce like a third world country instead of a modern western country. There should be a cap on how many children they have. Producing 7 or 8 offspring per couple times an entire community no wonder public services are overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back