Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleIcePrince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
So the title sounds pretty clickbait-esque but I did have an interesting time with my delivery from Northshore, which finally arrived yesterday. I ordered 3 cases on one order and opted to have them held at location. For some odd reason, 2 packages showed up on my doorstep, with no sign of the third. I was expecting some sort of alert that the third package might be ready for pickup, but didn’t receive one. I drove to the location to see if it was ready, and lo and behold, it was. Not sure how common this is, but it is definitely worth considering for those of you who (like me) live with others who don’t know.

TL;DR if you order multiple packages and hold at location, some of them might make it to your billing address.

I don't think they can assign one shipping number to separate packages, even if they are picked up at and delivered to the same location. So the lesson here is: if you are expecting multiple packages, make sure you put a Hold for Pickup on every package. The rep on the phone or at the desk may not notice that you have more than one delivery scheduled for that address.

I ran into a variation of that one time... you also can't mark more than one package as COD. So if you have to send something COD, make sure it's ONE box. I tried that once with two packages, I put COD on one of them. He refused the COD package and accepted the other. d'oh!

For FedEx Hold at Location...probably best to sign up for this on FedEx website for most reliable service. See https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/ Careful, they may send all packages to your address to the Hold At Location. Make sure to check the options available on their site.

NorthShore is working on adding this feature to our site. It may be around summer time when we get this rolled out.

NorthShoreAdam said:
For FedEx Hold at Location...probably best to sign up for this on FedEx website for most reliable service. See https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/ Careful, they may send all packages to your address to the Hold At Location. Make sure to check the options available on their site.

NorthShore is working on adding this feature to our site. It may be around summer time when we get this rolled out.

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame Northshore, you guys are awesome. Ultimately I did use the FedEx website, and now that I think about it, a similar thing happened with UPS when I ordered from ABU a while ago as well.

Also thanks for your promotion, I saved a lot at a time where I was looking to stock up but am not getting a lot of hours at my new job yet.. I have to say I feel a bit guilty as I found out that said promotion was only supposed to be for select people, but I will most certainly be buying from you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back