Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
For anyone who has experienced a much worse version of this:
https://www.diaper-minister.com/shop/252-thickbox_default/betterdy-15-couches-medium-.jpg
Where the nappy folds in on itself and forms a horrible crease that sticks out instead of being flush, I have a solution.

So weeks ago I started a thread about this issue happening to me. I had bought a case of ABU single tape diapers where this was happening really bad. But recently came across a solution that was so simple I should of thought of it sooner.
What was happening is when I close my legs the nappy folds in on itself making one crease in an inverted "V" like shape.
The solution I found out is merely fold a booster pad and put it in the back of the nappy. And that's it. The crease would disappear. I could close my legs as close as I want and the crease wouldn't appear.
It could also be solved by wetting that area with water or putting another soft object there.

Possible downsides:
1. Anything other than a booster pad could make leaks more likely. That being said it's possible the boost could also do the same but probably less likely.
2. Not that great for people who mess as this will make less space available and again more likely to leak.

Just thought I'd let people know if there are others like me.

Last edited:
Actually I like the "inverted V".
For me it feels good and I have much trust in the leakguards as it seems they have more space to work.

Actually, this is why everyone is supposed to be folding their diaper length wise before putting one on. This creats a V channel and also removes the two folds in the diaper you get from their packaging.

No wastefull boosters needed.

I usually refer to this as a "W" since the middle goes up instead of down. I use "V" to describe the better condition of the diaper going downward.

bambinod said:
I usually refer to this as a "W" since the middle goes up instead of down. I use "V" to describe the better condition of the diaper going downward.

Yeah W I think that probably describes it better. That's how it shouldn't be and the normal V is how it should be.

@Slomo I had tried folding it before but it didn't work but what I mentioned above works and I finally get the V shape Bambinod was talking about.

SweetPrincess said:
Yeah W I think that probably describes it better. That's how it shouldn't be and the normal V is how it should be.

@Slomo I had tried folding it before but it didn't work but what I mentioned above works and I finally get the V shape Bambinod was talking about.

One other option is to just wet the diaper a whole lot. V, inverted V, W, doesn't matter. They all end up shaped more like a big O.

Actually that’s pretty normal, most baby diapers especially older diapers did that. I like it cause it causes a point in the back giving it a poofy kinda boxy look ( like a duck tail) to the butt and made the diaper waddle like crazy even thru clothes. A diaper with a wider crotch is good for that, I know some people like their diaper tight like tight white underwear and that fine we all have our preferences however baby diapers usually are bulky.... that’s what I loved about super dry kids v1, it gave me that poofy boxy diaper butt.

One method to eliminate/minimize "Ducktailing" is to wear the diaper higher at the back, ie when putting it on have the waistband higher at the back than the front, which results in more of the bulk spreading across a wider part of your body.

Works well with diapers that wick well.

Aleakyboomboom

I've also found that a "W" in the back can be a problem overnight under heavy use because the padding in the back will usually tend to get wet much farther back on one side than the other, just depending on where the preferred path due to gravity is.

So I try to "flatten out" my diaper in the back before laying down, to cut down on the chance of a leak in the "back corner" on one side or the other.

During the day however, I go for a firm W in the front and don't care about the back, because then the most important thing is keeping my diaper centered over the crotch in my pants during the day. If I get too much "bias" to the left or right side of my pant crotch seam, it either gets uncomfortable or can start causing irritation, either from too much bulk on one side or too little skin-rubbing protection on the other side. And of course if I happen to wet, the side with little padding will tend to leak. The "W" can cause the same problem as overnight where just by chance most of the wetness is going to go left or right, but that's unavoidable unless you have pants with a very low crotch (inseam) and can leave it with a V.

The ladies with their skirts have us beat there! Although I definitely would not want to be seen wearing a skirt, I must admit that skirts offer many benefits for those wearing diapers. I often wear just white socks, a tall white t-shirt, and a diaper while lounging at home. (that's my dress code at the moment in fact!) I love having my diaper exposed like that, it has absolutely no problems maintaining a good V in front, and gives easy access to "fix" any W that develops in back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back