True stuffer inserts and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't know why but every time I use a stuffer (abu power up) with my diaper I always spring a leak.
Its driving my crazy, being a male I center the stuffer in the diaper but tend to have it pushed up farther towards the front then rear (being a male this makes sense)
I tend to leak from the bottom or rear seat area, its like the stuffer swells to much and lifts the back of the diaper away from me, one day I find the perfect placement.

It's because the booster (stuffer) does absolutely nothing to improve the performance of a diaper. Yes it will delay when a diaper will leak, but when (not if) it does happen, there will be more pee there to leak. The failures of the diaper will be more catastrophic. This is, in part, because the thicker the booster, the more it will push the edges of the diaper away from your skin. Boosters, especially bigger ones, are also known to push out against the leak barriers of a diaper- thereby effectively disabling them.

If you really want better reliability, you just need to get better diapers. Think of it as putting the cost of the booster right into the cost of a better diaper. The overall cost is the same, but the diaper will be better performing.

Also, properly sized diapers which use a tape landing zone are notorious for leaking at the front and back of the legs. This is because their "no lower tapes" design makes it near impossible to get a good seal around the legs. That is- unless you wear one size too small (which introduces a slew of other problems in itself). If you really want a better functioning diaper, I highly recommend trying out either Confidry 24/7, Northshore Supreme, or Betterdry/Crinklz.

Slomo said:
Boosters, especially bigger ones, are also known to push out against the leak barriers of a diaper- thereby effectively disabling them.
Makes sense

For me, boosters only work to distribute liquid. Not so much as an absorbing pad.
Most boosters only contain wood fluff/ fibers and no SAP. This means they can help distributing liquid across your diaper but are actually not very suitable when it comes to absorbing.
Also, when using a booster, be sure your diaper has high standing leg cuffs like Better Dry and most ABU diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back