The Obligatory Are They an ABDL? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
As the title says, I finally had an experience where I think some people I know and haven't told could be into ABDL or at least ABDL aware. I’ll start from the beginning.

I was in the studio helping a friend of mine with her thesis project as we are required to do as part of our program. She is a nice person, I haven’t known her for a very long time we only met each other and got chummy around a year and a bit ago and she is quite the party girl and the gossip at times, so I haven't ever and likely won't ever divulge my ABDL interests to her.

Well, as I said, I was in the studio with this friend working on some thesis material and we we're having pretty typical conversations while we worked, "What movies did you see recently?", "What are you going to do after you graduate" etc. Somewhere along the line she went way off topic and asked me, "what do you think about kids?". I responded and said "they’re alright", she responded with, “I don’t like children very much, but I love babies, especially ones that cry because that means they need you”. I thought that was an interesting thing to say, especially since she doesn’t come across as overly maternal in any way.

Well, after that, her boyfriend came in to check on her. I’m good friends with him as well, but because I haven't known them extremely long I haven't told him of my ABDL either. After I chatted with her boyfriend for a while, I joked around some and said to his girlfriend that, "he looks like he is literally 12", he is just slightly younger than me at 22 and he literally does look like he’s around 16 or so, his girlfriend is taller than he is. His girlfriend immediately jumps in and says, “He really does look 12! You know what? He’s so small sometimes I carry him around the house like a baby”, to which her boyfriend simply played it off, shaking his head with a big grin on his blushing face before deciding to head back to their place. Once again, this is circumstantial evidence at best, but coupled with the earlier statement about her love of babies, this got me thinking, is she into this? Are they into this? or does she simply know about the ABDL community? Of course, another more practical side of me was thinking maybe she just really likes babies, some women do.

Flash forward to just a day later, we’re at this same friend's place for a wrap party of sorts following the completion of her thesis work. Well, I end up having to go to the bathroom and I see a container of Pampers baby wipes on their countertop and a quick glance at the bathtub, which you can see in the vanity mirror, yields an enema bag complete with hose, hanging in the corner of the tub. Once again, two strange things to see in conjunction with one another, two objects that are used by ABDL's and more circumstantial evidence in the mounting case of them being possible ABDL’s or an AB and Mommy/Switch couple. I left the bathroom and didn't say much, I'm sure others didn't even question anything.

What do y'all think? Yea or Nay?

I personally think they are probably into something. Having been a friend of both of them, I know based on past talks with her boyfriend that she is quite the adventurous individual in bed, that in conjunction with her statements surrounding babies and the fact that she carries her boyfriend around like one, along with seeing baby wipes and an enema bag in their bathroom, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are actually into this, or at least experimenting with it.

I don’t know if I’ll ever follow up on this, I don’t feel close enough with either of them to tell them about being an AB myself and I certainly am not bold enough to go up to them and ask them point blank, "Are you two ABDL's" when all I have to go on is purely conjecture, but it’s fun to speculate and I am surprised that I actually now have a situation like many others I've heard of on this very site, a situation where I am legitimately wondering, are they or are they not?

Poofybutt said:
...are they or are they not?

Well, maybe they are also here on adisc so let's ask them. :smile1:

But seriously, we don't know of course. Like you said, asking them is not a good idea as it would give away your secret. I believe though, in general, that we ABDL are often very sensitive in our perception and tend to over interpret situations, objects and words from others. But it is always somewhat exciting to fantasize about others being little or ABDL. And maybe there many more of us out there, who knows?

It actually sounds like she just has a strong mothering instinct. And he is into enemas. You didn't get any clues or hints they are into babying themselves, so it just doesn't seem likely to me. Still, it would be interesting to see their reaction to you being abdl. Lol, you might just fit into their "little" family.

You've heard the expression, "follow the money". In this case it's "follow the diapers". If you should find some diapers, then you'll know for sure. Short of that, it's really hard to tell but certainly there is some interesting evidence.

Slomo said:
It actually sounds like she just has a strong mothering instinct. And he is into enemas. You didn't get any clues or hints they are into babying themselves, so it just doesn't seem likely to me. Still, it would be interesting to see their reaction to you being abdl. Lol, you might just fit into their "little" family.

I agree, there's nothing that substantiates them as ABDL, but if the evidence means anything it's that she certainly is the maternal type and they are definitely into some things that are a little left of field, I mean you don't commonly find an enema bag with a hose still attached in too many bathrooms you frequent. Also, I don't know who's enema bag it was, it could have been his, it could have been hers, it could be for the both of them.

I don't know if I'll ever come out to them as an AB, it's still a fairly new friendship, maybe if it lasts for a couple more months or maybe another year I might feel inclined to tell them, I think that considering her maternal side and the fact that they are into some unique and adventurous stuff themselves, they'd most likely be accepting of it.

dogboy said:
You've heard the expression, "follow the money". In this case it's "follow the diapers". If you should find some diapers, then you'll know for sure. Short of that, it's really hard to tell but certainly there is some interesting evidence.

I agree with you, without diapers there's no smoking gun, so to speak.

I'm not one to snoop around, but after seeing the wipes and the enema bag I thought for sure that if I did a little digging there'd be more to see. Of course, I didn't dig deeper, but my eyes caught a wastebasket next to their toilet, unfortunately, there wasn't much out of the ordinary in it, just some empty cardboard tubes.

I actually thought the baby wipes were enough proof, but after mulling it over, considering they had an enema bag as well, I don't know if the wipes were for baby time or simply for regular clean-up.

I agree with you though, there is some compelling evidence, her attitude towards babies, the fact that she carries her boyfriend around like one and of course the combo of an enema bag with hose and a pack of baby wipes, not really the most common things you find in the average bathroom of two people in their early and mid twenties respectively, but definitely two things that can be synonymous with our community. In the end who knows, maybe if I keep hanging out with them I'll find the smoking gun or more clues that stoke my curiosity.

Poofybutt said:
... of course the combo of an enema bag with hose and a pack of baby wipes, not really the most common things you find in the average bathroom of two people in their early and mid twenties respectively, but definitely two things that can be synonymous with our community.

For some reason I never get into situations like these...

My former girlfriend used baby shampoo because it was milder than ordinary shampoo. And enema bags are also used for DIY colon cleansing. A google search learned me that some people put all kinds of things in their bowels because they think it's healthy (like coffee, milk or lemon juice) :rolleyes:

Just wanting to say that what you discovered might very well be ABDL related (which I hope for you), but it also might not.

Makubird said:
For some reason I never get into situations like these...

My former girlfriend used baby shampoo because it was milder than ordinary shampoo. And enema bags are also used for DIY colon cleansing. A google search learned me that some people put all kinds of things in their bowels because they think it's healthy (like coffee, milk or lemon juice) :rolleyes:

Just wanting to say that what you discovered might very well be ABDL related (which I hope for you), but it also might not.

Hey Makubird,

I know enema bags are used for a multitude of things, hence I can't really use that as a piece of evidence to support that they are ABDL. I just think that the enema bag, the baby wipes, and her maternal inclinations and behaviour around her boyfriend builds a pretty convincing circumstantial case. I probably won't ever ask them directly, heck, I might not even reveal my ABDL to them, after all, this is still a fresh friendship.

I appreciate your concern though. I'll have to see if I notice anything else the next time I hang with them.

Good luck on collecting more evidence :detective:
And keep us informed, I am very curious by now... :smile1:

A very interesting development for sure! Obviously it probably is just conjecture, but everything added together does make a fairly solid case for there being a real possibility they have some relation to the AB/DL world. Definitely keep us updated (now I feel curious as well), but I think you're in the right mindset not to tell them, or directly ask just yet.

hey, poofybutt, i just had this crazy thought. wouldnt it be wild if the next message on here was from them? good luck finding more clues in "The Case of the Hidden Enema Bag"

I have been in many bathrooms and there are all sorts of things found. Wipes are very normal in bathrooms these days. enema bag can be for many other reasons. There is nothing here that even looks like it. I would throw around the "AB" and "DL" meaning other things when you can like "all brain" and "down low" Then use the words big baby or taking about a long trip and having to stop to pee... "use a diaper". If you slowly use this kind of terms and keep an eye on the look that they give you can figure out if it hits home or not. As for the enema bag you can hold your stomach a few times... and off the wall say something like "bound up". This will help in discovering what the enema is used for. These things along with looking for a way to create conversation on the topic will work. You need to be natural and seem to be accepting to things for them to share.

So, a bit of an update on this front, something significant came to light and I have to figure that now, these University chums of mine might just be into ABDL after all.

Basically, I went over to their place for another hang out on Tuesday, we all have Wednesday classes off. We smoked a few joints, watched some films and chilled listening to music. My friends invited someone over and I swore that the person looked familiar, sure enough, the person they invited over was someone I had seen on Fetlife in the regional ABDL group I am a part of. How can I be sure that it was the same person? Well, there is really no mistaking it, this person had the same unique, unmistakable look, when they introduced themselves they gave the same exact name, age and elected to be called the same exact pronoun that was listed on their profile. I even asked this person how they spelled their name and it was the same unique spelling that was on their Fetlife account. Afterwards, a quick log-in and perusing of the Fetlife group I was part of verified things, the person my friends invited over is that same person from Fetlife. Based on this person's profile, they identify as a switch, they have a partner and they are more into the babyfur and humiliation aspect of ABDL.

Now, we all hung out for a good while, but I didn't want to make things awkward by letting fly that I know of this person through Fetlife and that I am an AB myself, so we mostly chatted about standard University stuff. However, after the hang out, some more signal flares went up. On Fetlife's way out, my friend says, "Goodbye baby" and she gives this person a pat on the rear, to which Fetlife turns back and looks at my friend's boyfriend and says, "See you round, baby boy".

Now, this is a freakish coincidence for one, what are the odds that I would even remember this person from Fetlife when I haven't even frequented that site in like months, but their presence at this hang out and the rather ABDL adjacent goodbyes that came at the end of the night leads me to believe that my friends are indeed into ABDL or they are at the very least aware of ABDL or experimenting with it.

Now that I have some pretty decent concrete proof, I am tempted to tell these friends of mine that I am in the same boat, it would be cool to have an actual friend and classmate with this similar, unique interest/lifestyle, but I am still a little nervous when it comes to confiding in them. This friendship is still new and for all I know, they could just be friends with this ABDL/Switch/Babyfur from Fetlife, it doesn't mean that they are 100 percent into ABDL themselves. At the end of the day though, this revelation coupled with the other evidence from last time; her remarks regarding babies, the enema bag and the baby wipes, suggests that I would be pretty safe letting them know about this side of myself.

I am actually going to her boyfriend's band's show on Saturday and we'll probably be hanging out afterwards, maybe if I feel the time is right I'll let them know, if not, I'll see where the friendship winds up in a couple months and then I'll tell. Suffice it to say, this is pretty exciting, it's not everyday that your suspicions are correct, but here I am, the Fetlife person's presence at that Tuesday evening hang out is as good a proof as any.

Oh my gosh! Yeah, that's pretty much as concrete evidence as you're likely to get outside of your friends outright telling you.
Definitely no rush to tell them, but I think you're right that you'd be safe to let them know about this side of yourself, and you'll likely find they share it in some capacity. Very exciting development! I hope you have more good news in the future!

Maxx said:
The other side of that...

Them being that open about it all in front of you suggest that they may know more about you than you realize. This may have been their way of letting you know it's OK.

Like the scene in Stardust with the crew confronting Captain Shakespeare (DeNiro) in frilly pink underthings "We always knew you were a whoopsie, Captain"

You make a good point, though I seldom project my AB side in public, unless I'm around friends that already know and even then I'm discrete. It's definitely a possibility that they might know, but I struggle to think of what I could have done or said that would have tipped them off.

I remember one time in class on break I briefly opened up my ADISC account to check up on things, I wonder if they took notice of it then? Although, I'm pretty sure the classroom was empty at that time.

Who knows :dunno:

In any case, I think I have some compelling evidence of them being into ABDL or aware of it. I'll see how things go tomorrow evening following her boyfriend's show, I might actually come clean, I might not, the friendship is still young, depends on how comfortable I am with telling them at that moment.

Still this is an interesting and optimistic development to say the least.

congratulations on you work in the Case of thd hidden enema bag! enjoy the concert and good luck!

The butt patt, and baby names seem to be "tells". Maybe you have to find a way to drop a "tell" of your own, that would be otherwise innocuous, but a signal to an abdl. Maybe something slightly crinkly, or slightly padded, more than normal. It doesn't have to be obvious. ABDL were doing something with a diaper pin at one point, but can't remember where it was to be placed. I think some other group is also using the diaper pins to represent something else, and maybe you'll have to take up that cause, temporarily, to set things in motion.

Remember, if it's just wishful thinking, you could be outing yourself to vanilla's, which could destroy your friendship. OTOH, if you've actually come across some kinksters, with little or diaper inclinations, then, lucky you! Still, that knowledge could change things forever, so be careful of what you wish for. I've only had two incidents in my whole life, and they were ambiguous. One was a 20-something fueling up with a pacifier, and a long tail shirt. The other was some very obvious moon crescent wet spots on a guy, who obviously had wet diapers on, but could have just been inco. In neither circumstance was there a reason to make any more of it than just a glimpse.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, the FetLife connection should definitely be explored, if the person's profile is acceptable. Maybe you need to message/friend them first, and see where that goes. Maybe they're here, as well as on Fet.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, the FetLife connection should definitely be explored, if the person's profile is acceptable. Maybe you need to message/friend them first, and see where that goes. Maybe they're here, as well as on Fet.

Just message the Fetlife person if you want to follow leads.

Can you suck your thumb, but make it look like you're biting your nail? That might be one way to give off a "tell" to an AB. If anyone else questions, you tell them you're biting your nail...

So, update time, I got home late last night and felt it would be better to post this after sleeping things off.

So, I went to the concert, it was great, rather noisy though, it was St. Patrick's day. That person from Fetlife also attended as well as some of my other peers. So the concert began at 8pm and wrapped up around 11:30/12 and then we went back to my University friend's place to hang out. I waited a while for the place to die down, quite a few people dropped by and they were in a drinking mood. Well, around 2pm, nearly everyone went home, presumably to sleep off their drunkenness so they could write some term papers the next day.

I think it might have been some of my own Irish courage, but basically, I brought up the person from Fetlife and said that they seemed interesting. My friends both agreed and told me, "You have no idea". I used that as an in and I said, "Oh, I think I do". I then told them that I too have a Fetlife account and that I was interested in some pretty unique stuff myself. Intrigued, she decided to question me further; "Oh, like what? Please tell me? I don't bite". So, I worked up the nerve in that instant and went out with it, I said that I had some of the same interests as their friend from Fetlife, that I was an AB, that it was nonsexual mostly and that I really enjoy regressing, wearing diapers and being little.

Her mouth went agape and then with glee she called her boyfriend into the room. Turns out, my suspicions were correct, they are aware of the ABDL scene and in their own words, they've been "playing" with it off and on since late last year. They were both super interested and they questioned me more, "how long have you been one?", "What do you do when you're little?", "Do you use your diapers?". I gave them all honest answers, it was so cute, they found it so interesting to be talking to someone who feels as though they have been an AB their entire lives and someone who doesn't find it to be strictly a kink or a sexual thing.

I then asked them how they found out about it, turns out that after a night of drinking my friend was carrying her boyfriend around their apartment like a baby and he started acting like one, calling her Mommy and everything, she said she really liked that. The next morning, her boyfriend told her that there were people who dress up like and act like babies sometimes for fun and sometimes for kinky reasons. She had no idea such people existed, prior to living in Canada, she was from a very conservative country in the middle east, so she had no idea that people had interests like these. They viewed a few sites and pictures together, he found it interesting, she found it cute. From that moment on they decided to experiment with it a little bit, using store bought diapers and baby stuff.

One of their other friends is the person who hooked them up with the Fetlife connection, they befriended that person to gain some more insight. They said that their Fetlife friend veers more towards the sexual end of things, so it was cool that they now have a friend who is more into the nonsexual side that they can bring questions to as they don't really know where they stand in all this. Her boyfriend enjoys being a baby and she seems to prefer being a Mommy, but she has said that she has a little side of her own and likes the feel of a diaper. I told them that they don't need to keep their interests to themselves, that there are sites like Fetlife and ADISC where they can learn more and make friends. They knew about both sites, but as they are still relatively new, they said they don't really feel like joining anything, they're still figuring things out. They did both cop to lurking on sites like ADISC and they said they have even made some reddit posts under throwaway accounts.

I also made sure to ask about the enema bag, surprisingly it was unrelated. Turns out my University friend has bouts of constipation so she uses the enema bag to deal with that when she gets extremely backed up.

So yeah, long story short, my University friends are ABDL aware and experimenting. My University friend even said that she would be into babying me and her boyfriend together like a playdate sort of thing. I told her I was flattered, but that I have a Mommy friend currently and I don't know how she would react to something like that, she was understanding and said that she wouldn't really like her boyfriend exploring this side of himself with another woman behind her back either. I did say that it would be nice to hang with them diapered sometime, they both agreed. I'm heading over to their place Wednesday evening again to let them try out some premium AB diaper brands, they've only used store bought stuff so far and I have a few remaining medium brands that don't fit me the greatest that I'm going to give to them. In the end, I'm glad I told, it's an interesting turn of events, but hopefully, I've netted some more real life padded friends through this.

Also, in considering everyone's advice, I might send their Fetlife friend a message on Fetlife sometime, might be cool to have yet another padded friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back