dry 247 first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddedgrimlin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Just got a sample of the 247 and some molicare. Molicare were pretty much what I expected, however the 247 diapers (at least to me) seem gigantic! Honestly I don't think it would be possible to wear them discreetly.:sweatdrop:

The key with the dry 24/7 that I have found is to make sure they are a little higher in the back when you tape them. If you don't get them to come over the top of your hip, then they will sag a little in the seat, and not only be bulky, but also when they get wet the plastic is heavy enough that they are really loud. I am used to diaper that "crinkle" but I have found that a dry 24/7 will "crackle"(produce a much deeper, and to me louder sound). I have found that this is minimized by keeping the diaper taped in such a way that it stays "pulled up", to avoid sagging. The other trick is to use something over them to help with the bulk, either a snap crotch onesie or a pair of boxer briefs. I have worked hard at fining a way to make them work because they are an excellent diaper, and offer that extra protection that a person sometimes needs, I find that for me, the fit around the legs is awesome, and they are right at the top for capacity. Hope this helps.

I have a case of dry 247 diapers in medium. They are big and loud but I think they fit me nice. The small seams to fit like the medium of other diapers.

It's actually quite easy to keep them hidden. As example, I wear pants (one size larger than needes) and extra long shirts. They are quiet enough I was able to wear them at my quiet office without anyone noticing. Most all the time I wore a pul diaper cover over them to guard against leaks and muffle the sound too though.

Confidry was my go-to diaper for at work for several years, but I've switched over to Crinklz (which is a lot thicker when wet). Only the coworkers I've told know about my incontinence problems.

Ps. Adult diapers are supposed to fit like a diaper, not tighty whities. Not only should the extend above one's hips, they are supposed to extend up to the waist. Front and back should have about the same height.

I've found the medium 247's are a bit small and the larges are a bit large. So I err on the side of large. I really don't mind the added coverage, though the high elastic on the front and back can be slightly uncomfortable being a few inches above my belt line. You can adjust the lower tapes down farther than normal to "pull up some slack", but that will result in a pretty large pouch in the front. That's ok for at home but not practical for under pants in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back