Dotty Diaper Pride Advanced Diaper Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The Dotty Diaper Pride is the latest product from the Dotty Diaper Company, a UK supplier of ABDL and BDSM products which partnered in the second half of 2017 with the ABDL Company to distribute its diapers in the US. All Dotty Diaper products so far are different prints of the same underlying diaper used for their Dotty the Pony and Super Boompa prints.

The Pride is a rainbow-covered LGBT pride themed diaper and the ABDL Company's website states that 5% of sales are donated to LGBT causes. This diaper became available for sale in the US in late January 2018.

I am reviewing the medium pride diaper as purchased in January 2018 from the ABDL Company website. The medium is listed as fitting waists of 28"-36" and the large is listed as fitting waists of 36"-48".

Appearance, Size, and Features

The Dotty Diaper Pride has transparent packaging with small labels on the sides which is mostly occupied by a rainbow and the name "PRIDE" spelled out in rainbow colors.

288-11-packfront.JPG

288-12-packside.JPG

The Dotty Diaper Pride has a repeating motif of unicorns in different rainbow colors, hearts, and rainbows on a white background in the center. The sides have a dotted line pattern identical to that seen on ABU LittlePawz.

What really makes this print stand out though is the vibrant rainbow and polka dot pattern of the wings. This diaper has a lot of bright and eye-popping color to it on its sides, which, rather uniquely among diapers means that the most prominent aspect of the print is is hard to appreciate before you unfold it and put it on.

This is not a babyish print and seems targeted at a different niche within the ABDL community than that concerned heavily with authenticity.

To the touch, the outer plastic feels thin, with a slight texture to it.

288-1-FrontFolded.JPG

288-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 8.8 cm (3.5 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 2.9 cm (1.2 in).

288-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The Dotty Diaper Pride uses a double-tape design with tapes that measure 3.8 cm (1.5 in) wide each.

288-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

The inside of the diaper is white with a rectangular blue zone in the center. The padding is arranged in an hourglass shape and feels like dense, packed cotton. The diaper has standing leak guards. It features elastic waistbands in both the front and the back.

288-5-outside.JPG

288-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 68.2 cm (26.9 in) in length, 63.2 cm (24.9 in) in width at the wings, 30.6 cm (12.0 in) in width at the center, and 19.8 cm (7.8 in) in width between the leak guards.

288-7-length.JPG

288-8-widthwing.JPG

288-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I performed two tests.

First, I weighed a diaper and put it on. I then repeatedly dosed water into the front of it in 100 mL increments using a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser, followed by sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, then checking for leaks. When a leak occurred, I weighed the diaper again, and recorded the change in weight.

Over 3 replicates of this H2O capacity test, the Dotty Diaper Pride averaged 2165 mL with a standard deviation of 155 mL.

During one trial of this test, I recorded qualitative information about the diaper as I added water to it. After 800 mL of water, the front felt very saturated but little liquid was yet soaking further downward. At 1000 mL of water, the front felt constantly damp. At 1200 mL, the front had expanded to the point that it was spreading my legs a great deal. At 1300 mL, I felt like I was sitting in the edge of a pond. At 1500 mL, I felt wet at the upper edges of my legs. At 1800 mL I felt like I was sitting in a puddle. At 2000 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond and could feel liquid moving under me. At 2300 mL, the diaper leaked.

I folded the diaper back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 10.8 cm (4.3 in), about 3.7x its original size. The tapes held steady throughout this test.

288-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I then performed a second test in which I made normal saline (0.9% NaCl in H2O), weighed a diaper and put it on, then used a metered laboratory bottletop dispenser to dose 160 mL saline every 5 minutes until it leaked, sitting down between increments. I weighed the diaper afterwards and divided the resulting change in grams by 1.0046 to account for the density of saline to determine the change in milliliters. 160 mL is approximately equivalent to half of an average adult urine void, and this increment is loosely representative of a "half-flood".

Over 3 replicates of this saline capacity test, the Dotty Diaper Pride averaged 856 mL with a standard deviation of 95 mL. Rounded to numbers of integer "half-flood" doses, the diaper averaged 5.3 "half-floods" with a standard deviation of 0.6 "half-floods". It is notable that this diaper consistently underperformed in the saline test relative to how diapers with similar water test results performed.

The average dry mass of this diaper, based on 6 replicates across both tests, was 154.2 g with a standard deviation of 5.7 g.

I weighed and put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. The diaper lasted a total of 4 hours before the tapes popped after sliding badly and the diaper was beginning to leak. During my test, I had about 3 wettings and no floods, and a change in mass equal to only about 2.5 "half-floods". While this was probably an outlier, it seemed illustrative of the fact that I consistently had issues that seemed to stem from the quality of materials in this diaper.

With a 36" waist, I am at the high end of the listed size range of the medium Pride diaper and the low end of the listed size range for the large. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands. Every diaper I wore for any test seemed to involve stretching the wings quite a bit, which were thinner and more pliable than on most diapers. The tapes, while able to stand up in the short term for the quantitative tests, seemed relatively weak and prone to sliding during longer and more active wear.

To a large degree, this diaper reminded me of a thinner, lighter, and seemingly less well-built version of top-end ABU and Rearz products. This diaper tested nearly on par with those diapers on the water test, but consistently did more poorly with saline and real world use.

Price and Final Thoughts

I bought packs of these diapers for the purposes of a review from https://abdlcompany.com/. They are available in 2-diaper sample packs for $8.00, 10-diaper single packs for $26.00, 40-diaper half-cases for $85.00, and 80-diaper cases for $160.00, but these prices do not include shipping, which is priced unusually high relative to the sticker price compared to other suppliers and created quite a bit of sticker shock the first time I got partway through the process of ordering them. Adding shipping in the cart, prices show as $11.19 for a 2-diaper sample pack, $43.94 for a 10-diaper single pack, $119.66 for a 40-diaper half-case, and $216.97 for an 80-diaper case.

At the case size, this works out to $2.71/diaper and based on my test results this diaper holds 2.0 "half-floods" per dollar. This price is high relative to other ABDL products and makes the Dotty Diaper Pride diaper relatively inefficient, at least when purchased in the US. As an actual diaper, it's of middling capacity and the relatively high price after shipping is enough to keep it from being competitive on its practical merits.

However, practical merits are probably not the primary reason that someone would be interested in buying an LGBT pride diaper that is prominently and brightly rainbow-colored. There's a novelty aspect to this particular print which is harder to quantify with a price. You are paying a high premium here to get this novelty print, but the Dotty Diaper Pride succeeds at being the first diaper to really target and fill the unique niche of being a premium LGBT pride-themed diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbond007, LaLoneDigi, babybenji and 1 other person
Just trying my first Dotty diaper. My first concern was the rustling and the crispiness of the side panels - the latter are proving a bit prickly on the skin but on the other hand I think it is the most comfy diaper I have ever worn.

I have had it on three hours and there has been a bit of seepage at the legs which is a bit concerning though I have just peed a lot in it. I am 32 inch waist and have a medium on but I usually wear a Large Tena to prevent leaks so I think I may now try a large to see if a wider pad helps. Just loving the squidginess of it !

R

Love dotty pride nappies 🧸

After 7 hours the padding all broke down and had to change so a bid disappointed. I don't think it did any better than my usual Tena Ulltimas

Back