Intriguing P&G 'case competition' advert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that even high up executives for baby diaper companies seem to be more open to the idea of older people still in diapers. Society it seems, is in the middle of a change.

Only if baby diaper company’s took a shot at adult diapers. Maybe someday...

BabyLink9 said:
Only if baby diaper company’s took a shot at adult diapers. Maybe someday...

unlikely. For many companies, their brand is a very valuable property and its value is defined by how the public associates and remembers the image. That's why, for example, we're never going to see Disney ABDL diapers. There's just no chance in hell that they will ever license out any of their IP for use on adult diapers.

Bigger companies have whole departments whose entire job is managing their brand. They'll avoid doing anything that has any real chance of creating controversy. And we already see people that initially question a link between adults with diapers and pedophelia. So that's just not going to ever be an option.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Thrust Vector actively marketing their printed Crinklz diapers to the incontinent market. It's a nice sign that companies are starting to relax a bit and openly acknowledge the ABDLs as an "okay group of people to be publicly doing business with". That, and the concept of "Well as long as I'm going to have to be wearing diapers, they may as well be something pleasant to wear." for the incontinent. I suspect a lot of incontinent people view diapers as a "necessary evil that they will just have to tolerate", and can't imagine there being any way to throw an interesting spin on it to make it less of a drag. Kudos also to NorthShore for getting onboard with this!

It's like a pretty pattern on your apron, or fuzzy dice in your car. It's just a little something extra you can add to make things a little more interesting. And surprise, yes people are willing to pay a little more for it, or will choose your product over another similar one for that added perk.

bambinod said:
unlikely. For many companies, their brand is a very valuable property and its value is defined by how the public associates and remembers the image. That's why, for example, we're never going to see Disney ABDL diapers. There's just no chance in hell that they will ever license out any of their IP for use on adult diapers.

Bigger companies have whole departments whose entire job is managing their brand. They'll avoid doing anything that has any real chance of creating controversy. And we already see people that initially question a link between adults with diapers and pedophelia. So that's just not going to ever be an option.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Thrust Vector actively marketing their printed Crinklz diapers to the incontinent market. It's a nice sign that companies are starting to relax a bit and openly acknowledge the ABDLs as an "okay group of people to be publicly doing business with". That, and the concept of "Well as long as I'm going to have to be wearing diapers, they may as well be something pleasant to wear." for the incontinent. I suspect a lot of incontinent people view diapers as a "necessary evil that they will just have to tolerate", and can't imagine there being any way to throw an interesting spin on it to make it less of a drag. Kudos also to NorthShore for getting onboard with this!

It's like a pretty pattern on your apron, or fuzzy dice in your car. It's just a little something extra you can add to make things a little more interesting. And surprise, yes people are willing to pay a little more for it, or will choose your product over another similar one for that added perk.

I completely agree with what you say. If anything the most likely case would be a new brand or company to pop up from these baby diaper brands. Fairly unlikely tho, guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Like you said NorthShore taking the jump is quite the respectful! I’m happy to see this happen, and is why I hope more company’s that might take a stab at it in the future.

If anything I just wish more company’s would make more options for diapers in the first place. *crosses fingers for a cloth backed with velcro*

Depends has been showing a commercial of younger adults walking down the streets wear a diaper. It's sort of out there.

bambinod said:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Thrust Vector actively marketing their printed Crinklz diapers to the incontinent market. It's a nice sign that companies are starting to relax a bit and openly acknowledge the ABDLs as an "okay group of people to be publicly doing business with". That, and the concept of "Well as long as I'm going to have to be wearing diapers, they may as well be something pleasant to wear." for the incontinent.

Fab Sense City Print was also created specifically for the incontinent market. So it does seem like some companies are starting to understand that not all incontinent people want a plain white medical looking diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back