Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I struggle with practically everything >.<

Putting a diaper on while on my bed is easy and all, but it all scrunches up and becomes really uncomfortable as soon as I stand up. Putting them on while against a wall isn't much better.

It's really hard to use them while lying down. Like, i've tried most of the advice that I've seen on other popular threads, but it's incredibly intermittent.

I have lots of problems with the adhesive on on the sticky tabs, especially the bit that connects to the back. They come unstuck really often, especially overnight. Is there anything I can do about it?

Thaaaaanks <3

Wolfi said:
Putting a diaper on while on my bed is easy and all, but it all scrunches up and becomes really uncomfortable as soon as I stand up. Putting them on while against a wall isn't much better.

Have you tried giving it a good shape before putting it on? So the crotch area has a U-shape instead of being flat

Wolfi said:
It's really hard to use them while lying down. Like, i've tried most of the advice that I've seen on other popular threads, but it's incredibly intermittent.

It is incredibly hard, sometimes I still struggle. If I'm on my back, I lift the knees and this usually helps, but I still have to push. If I'm on my stomach, I get in "crawling position" (but still) and it also helps, but it's still hard.

Wolfi said:
I have lots of problems with the adhesive on on the sticky tabs, especially the bit that connects to the back. They come unstuck really often, especially overnight. Is there anything I can do about it?

The bit that connects to the back? the tapes are always stick to the front, not the back :eek:
As for getting them unstuck, a high-rise brief over the diaper so the tapes get covered helps keeping them stuck.

By that, I mean that the tapes themselves come off, not just unstick.

If the tapes are coming off your disposable diaper, that’s a manufacturing defect. Try using one of the top brands such as ConfiDry 24/7 or BetterDry.

There are cloth backed like the Northshore brand which allows you to retape several times to get the right fit. They now have elastic backs which is really nice!

*shrugs* It happens on all the brand I buy. Rearz, ABU... Any that use tapes like that.

Wolfi said:

Opinions will vary, but I believe you will get the best fit diapering up while standing.

I'd suggest you tape up initially however you want to, laying down or standing, doesn't matter. Then adjust the tapes a few times, get them exactly where they need to be to be comfortable where you need them, be it standing, sitting, laying down, with pants on, etc, whatever. Don't tape too tight... make sure you have a nice, comfy, relaxed fit.

Then pull down the diaper and make note (mark?) the position of the tapes. You'll probably find they're a bit messed up from the retapings, and are over fold and creases in the diaper also, and are uneven from left to right etc. Figure out what needs to change.

Now you can either mark a fresh diaper with those positions, and repeat the process, knowing right where the tapes need to go. OR, do like I do and pretape the fresh diaper, THEN pull it up. It may be a bit of a shimmy, but you should be able to pull it up and then straighten the wings and flatten everything out and end up with an amazing fit. If you're struggling to pull up your diaper, either you have unusually wide hips or you have your tapes too tight.

I personally pretape my daytime diapers. It insures a perfect, consistent fit every time, and is also a little faster to throw on a diaper if I'm running late. It's really annoying rushing to get ready for work and find that you've messed up your tapes and have to rip that diaper off and grab another one and try again.

Everyone will tell you the same thing. It takes time. Practice it. Don't force yourself, drinking a lot before bed does not help, it actually makes it harder.

I have lots of problems with the adhesive on on the sticky tabs, especially the bit that connects to the back. They come unstuck really often, especially overnight.

Probably a combination of taping too tight, moving tapes around, and getting lotion, powder, or skin oil on the front panel. A lot of first-time diaper wearers really crank down the tapes tight. It's really not necessary. Try to find that good happy medium between too tight and too sloppy. I've found for me that's easily just a quarter inch difference in tape placement that makes the difference between too tight and just right.

I've unfortunately had issues with tapes ripping off. I have no butt syndrome. So I typically have to make mine very snug thus some diapers can not withstand a forceful tug. Some can.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you rub the tapes a few times it can warm up the glue and help the stick better, otherwise use Gaff or duct tape. You could try laying the nappy out first, allowing it to expand and tapping up while lying on the ground. Might nit be comfortable but the flat, hard surface may make it easier.

It could be a matter of SIZE using the wrong size - YES a package of medium is less expensive than the large and you get a few more for the money.
But maybe the large is your size and you would have enough to fasten the sides up without over stressing the tapes.
Also with more diaper it is easier to hold all the ends with one hand while fastening with the other.

As for sticky tape problems - have a couple of squares of duct tape standing by and after fitting the diaper in its final position slap the duct tape on over
the ensemble to insure it stays stuck.
Experiment around - you could have a strip of duct tape to pull the sides together and hold much easier than holding with one hand or both.
While duct tape is not usually reusable neither is the diaper - you don't need a lot of tape - you could even use painters masking tape !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back