Teen Niece Asked Why I Wear Diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeymic

I usually wear diapers and sometimes wear panties
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The other day my 14 y/o niece asked why I wear diapers. I don't know if I was embarrassed or shocked most. I have not hidden my diapers from my family nor did I advertise it. To me, it is just underwear.
I just told her it is a personal question and let it go. Should I take this any further?

Not if she doesn't.

From the sounds of things, you handled this pretty ideally. It's a personal question that you don't feel like answering in detail, pretty fair assessment and your niece should stop asking from here on out or simply lose interest.

I don't think there is any benefit to taking this further or being too declarative, that could range from weird to possibly problematic.

If she persists, maybe you could tell her what you've told us that to you they're just another form of underwear, that's another rational, short and sweet way to reply concerning this.

No, I wouldn't unless she does, or tells people, can't add to much more. I've had urge to pee for years but recently it's progressed into incontinence and had to start wearing. My nosy just found out and started joking about it and telling people. I had to explain to them what and why. When though it's my family I'm still embarrassed even taking to my wife about it. I joined here to work out some if my embarrassment and to find info and help others if I can. In finally to the point I can call diapers, diapers

Mickeymic said:
The other day my 14 y/o niece asked why I wear diapers. I don't know if I was embarrassed or shocked most. I have not hidden my diapers from my family nor did I advertise it. To me, it is just underwear.
I just told her it is a personal question and let it go. Should I take this any further?

Whether you do or not, always be truthful. Else, why are you lying to a kid of all people???

What did you say?

I'd just let it go, she might be a bit worried for you though, might be worth speaking to your sibling about it and getting them to put her mind at rest?

She might know other kids who have parents etc that are seriously ill and wear diapers as part of their care, and might be worried that you are unwell,,,

I would just tell her that its something that makes you comfortable and make fun of yourself a bit. Laugh at it and make light of the situation. You want to give the impression that its no big deal. That way, she wont and nobody else will. If you tell her that its medical than it will cause worry and if you tell her its for "adult reasons", than that wouldn't be an appropriate thing to be telling a 14 year old.

When I was asked by a granddaughter I just said because I want to. That was it, nothing more was asked and it was good enough to answer the question.

I was asked by my son why I wear them and I avoided the question by talking about other things. He gave up asking or he forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back